advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do lipitor, Metformin, Cozaar and Norvasc affect gains? Cholesterol, Diabetes, BP

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
After a long family history of high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes that has not been fixed by diet or exercise my doc wants me to be on Losartan with hct + Amlodipine for my high blood pressure, Atorvastin (Lipitor) before bed for my high cholesterol and metformin for my almost close to being diabetic. How do these meds affect muscle gains? Also im wondering if I should go on a lifetime palumbo style keto diet for a healthier body even if I lose some muscle mass gains. Its a bit of a shock that im going through this at only 35 but I must say I did it to myself after years and years of shitty eating and drinking lots of alcohol. Advice?

If you're taking these drugs with gear, not at all.

So if I go keto and take with some moderate HRT im assuming I can be in much better health. No longer looking to be huge. Just want to be healthy and lean and hopefully not drop dead before 50.

I take Lipitor 20-40mg a day norvasc at 10mg a day and lisinopril at 20-30mg a day. Sometimes I get achy due to the Lipitor and I'll cut my dose to 20 mg eod for a few weeks. For me these are necessary as I have high bp and very high cholesterol 268 total 226 LDL

I'm getting tested end of month to see where I'm at - but my bp meds have never affected me after years of use.

In your case these meds are essential.
I still take supps as well

These meds will not significantly impact gains. In fact, if your BP is better controlled and you are able to train harder, your gains may even improve. A keto-diet may work well. Just evaluate your bloodwork before and then while on the diet to make sure that things are progressing as hoped.

I know there are so many keto diets out there. Should I just stick to the traditional palumbo diet where I eat one cheat meal a week or eliminate the cheat meal?

These meds will not significantly impact gains. In fact, if your BP is better controlled and you are able to train harder, your gains may even improve. A keto-diet may work well. Just evaluate your bloodwork before and then while on the diet to make sure that things are progressing as hoped.

What about the Lipitor and soreness?

What about the Lipitor and soreness?

Unless your bloodwork shows signs of actual rhabdomyolysis secondary to Lipitor (which is quite rare), then the perceived soreness should attenuate over time. Alternatively, you could try a different statin.

After a long family history of high blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes that has not been fixed by diet or exercise my doc wants me to be on Losartan with hct + Amlodipine for my high blood pressure, Atorvastin (Lipitor) before bed for my high cholesterol and metformin for my almost close to being diabetic. How do these meds affect muscle gains? Also im wondering if I should go on a lifetime palumbo style keto diet for a healthier body even if I lose some muscle mass gains. Its a bit of a shock that im going through this at only 35 but I must say I did it to myself after years and years of shitty eating and drinking lots of alcohol. Advice?

You state that it's not been fixed by diet or exercise but just how much effort has gone into fixing it? You may need to be put on some drugs to aid your health but I am 100% certain you can improve matters with the right changes. What is your diet like now? What is a typical training days worth of food? How many cheat meals etc? If you have followed a good diet how long have you done that for? I bet if you followed a low carb full of nutritious/healthy foods your insulin/blood glucose problems would be a thing of the past.

The same diet should also help your cholesterol issues. How much cardio do you do? Do you take much aas? How often to you use oral aas? Oral aas especially can destroy cholesterol readings in weeks and it can sometimes take a long time to get your numbers back. Do you take any health supps such as ubiquinol, citrus bergamot, curcumin etc?

How much are you weighing now and at what bodyfat? Do you use many stimulants? The blood pressure would also come down with the above but some people simply struggle and are naturally quite high. But I bet you could lower numbers by implementing all of the above. If you needed assistance perhaps hawthorn berry and grape seed extract. There is also carditone that has the potential for more side effects but has only been great for me.

Maybe you are doing all of the above and need the drugs but let me know. You can definitely make fast changes through diet and training (cardio) alone. I don't believe in throwing supps at people but the likes of ubiquinol, curcumin and grape seed extract should only assist your health and not do any harm.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131