over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOW DO "YOU" Bring lagging body parts up to snuff

As others have stated you get the guys who just train upper body and they have crap legs and good everything else. It's usually all about putting the time and effort in. This can even be true for the genetic freaks. There is a guy in my gym from Ghana and his upper body is fantastic and he is about 6ft 3. Arnold like but without the ridiculous chest. But his legs are poor and that's because he probably trains them 1 in 10 workouts. I literally see him train arms every single day... 6 days per week. Whilst you can go overboard and you need deload periods I bet if you blasted legs 3 times per week for 6 months they would look much better by the end of it.

CB you look very proportional. Your legs aren't way out of proportion at all. It's hard when you are 6ft 3... I should know. I would just concentrate on gaining thickness all over your physique. Don't train upper body any less just hit legs extra hard. I need to do the same! :eek::D

Frequency is key. Hitting a body part once a week and expecting it to grow defies science. Knowing how to feel the muscle contract properly under load and increasing frequency will get anything to grow.

I'll post a few pics here shortly of what my legs look like. I tend to go for more volume with lighter weight vs going stupid heavy and only being able to pump out 3 reps.

Typical day is:

Squats: 6 sets of 15 with 225lbs

Deads: 6 sets of 15 with 225lbs

walking lunges: 6 sets of 20 yards with 40lbs bells in each hand

I'll finish my workout list when I post the pics.

this is shit...

:cool:

Tenny, give me a split for legs and I'll do it 3x/week for the next 6 months.

Remember that I'm not on.

you need to get bigger... doesn't really look out of proportions to me, just need overall size everywhere.... time to EAT!!!

you need to get bigger... doesn't really look out of proportions to me, just need overall size everywhere.... time to EAT!!!

No shit! The problem is that I'm honestly scared to start eating like I would when I'm on vs when Im off as to not get too fat.

I guess I could do more cardio with the increase of calories, but I still don't think my body would assimilate the nutrients anywhere near the same as it would if being on.

I'm just not about getting way too fat. I like to stay lean when climbing up in weight.

No shit! The problem is that I'm honestly scared to start eating like I would when I'm on vs when Im off as to not get too fat.

I guess I could do more cardio with the increase of calories, but I still don't think my body would assimilate the nutrients anywhere near the same as it would if being on.

I'm just not about getting way too fat. I like to stay lean when climbing up in weight.

follow your hunger when eating. it will reflect the speed of your metabolism. if you are hungry often EAT if you aren't hungry very often then you prob don't need more calories... I can explain more in PM if interested...

I would suggest slin and good pre/intra/post drink on leg days. I have seen a guy do that and legs caught up with the rest of him. it was pretty crazy. I don't believe you can do much to make a weak part grow if you are already doing all you can.

I do think your leg wk out could be much improved.
-F2S

You're an ectomorph and natural. What you want isn't gonna happen. Not saying you have to get fat(which is very subjective). As a natty, who has been training for a decent amount of time, you have two choices when it comes to adding true muscle. Eat enough that you gain some fat, and muscle, which as a natty, extra calories is totally required. Or, go to the dark side and consume same calories and gain some muscle. Or go the dark side and consume extra calories and gain even more muscle.
There is no cheating this law.

now this is leg day

I'll post a few pics here shortly of what my legs look like. I tend to go for more volume with lighter weight vs going stupid heavy and only being able to pump out 3 reps.

Typical day is:

Squats: 6 sets of 15 with 225lbs

Deads: 6 sets of 15 with 225lbs

walking lunges: 6 sets of 20 yards with 40lbs bells in each hand

I'll finish my workout list when I post the pics.

this is shit...

:cool:

Is tenny being too modest to remind us of this . . . apparently so :)

so, today i felt like shit all day. knew i had to do legs sooner than later,
it had been about 9 days. contemplated, to just pull deads and see how
i feel. for some reason i just couldnt keep my damn eyes open today

that was the plan....pull deads and go from there
so i pulled my way up to 495 and got 12 and felt pretty damn good
except for alittle shakyness.....so i went 585 and pulled an easy 6
went back down to 405 and cranked 20!!!!
after this....i said fuck it.....lets squat!!!!hahaha

now mind you.....i didnt even want to do legs today!!!
and even made my mind up, to NOT do them!!!
and now i'm doing em

sqts felt good.....worked up to 405 for an easy 16, still alittle shaky.
i think my cns was shot today, the reason for the WHOLE shitty day.
so, i go 495 wrapped up and cranked out 13.....but this felt really shaky.
thought about going 585, but decided not to.
instead went back down to 315......knocked out 36!!!!
then 225 for 23:eek:....then 135 for 16 or 17:eek:.ha

legs are blown-up at this point and is as intense as EVER!!!!
i really couldnt believe it!!!......i walked over to the leg curl machine,
thought to myself...."this is going so well, why stop there and do leg curls:(
so i decided to do a 100 rep set, that took about 6 mins.
limped over to the extention machine.....same shit 100 reps

i CANNOT remember a leg workout EVER being this good!!!!!
in the last 15 years!!!!

and you know what i did different?????i pulled deads on leg day.
this is the first time i have ever did deads and squats on the same day,
except for powerlifting meets years ago......but never in a training session!!!!!
or except for some stiffys (with light weight) from time to time

thought i would share this training session with some of you

:)

Respect. Impressive.

The search engine is your friend.

You're an ectomorph and natural. What you want isn't gonna happen. Not saying you have to get fat(which is very subjective). As a natty, who has been training for a decent amount of time, you have two choices when it comes to adding true muscle. Eat enough that you gain some fat, and muscle, which as a natty, extra calories is totally required. Or, go to the dark side and consume same calories and gain some muscle. Or go the dark side and consume extra calories and gain even more muscle.
There is no cheating this law.

The good thing about my body type is that when I'm on, I get big and tend to stay lean. This body type is a gift and a curse.

I would try something like this with legs 2x per week...3x is a bit too much to recover from in my opinion if you are training intense and balls to the wall.
Workout 1:
Pre exaust leg extensions
1 x 50
1 x 21's
1 x tripple drop set
1 x double squeezes at top
Squats: 10x10 moving up 10 lbs every week... Google German Volume Training for more details on rest periods and weight selection...too much to go into here.
Leg curls: same format as extensions
Stiff leg deadlift: same format as Squats

Workout 2:
Leg curls, 5x 15
Inner thigh machine 5x15
Leg press 5x10-20
Hack Squats feet together 5x10-20
Deadlifts 5x5
Squats 100 rep Set

Calves before all upper body workouts killing it with 10 sets of a different exercise each time

Just stick with 2 basic compound lifts per body part on upper body and no isolation exercises that would just drain recovery while focusing on legs for 6 months.
Be in a calorie surplus with plenty of EFA's and 300 g protein everyday and pay close attention to PWO nutrition on leg days especially. Get on a basic 2 compund cycle for recovery and growth. Get 8 hours of sleep a night and get your natty IGF levels up with MK 677 pre bed. Minimum of 1 gallon of water per day for proper hydration.

That's what I've had my clients who need to bring up their legs do with great success after plenty of trial and error over the years. Some may have different opinions but it's hard to argue with results.
Good luck, sounded like you needed more of a blueprint to follow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to lay it out for me like that, Detroit.

I'm going to follow that for the next 6 months and post progress pics to this thread.

Thanks for taking the time to lay it out for me like that, Detroit.

I'm going to follow that for the next 6 months and post progress pics to this thread.

Good stuff. That's a great program to follow. It would be cool if you posted monthly progress pics in here.

What about inner thighs. Is it leg positioning or is there a certain exercise that targets them directly. I have muscle tone in my quads and hamstrings but lacking in the inner thighs. I use the adductor machine but still not getting the results I want. For some reason I cannot isolate them. It's not like a bicep curl where I feel my arms so pumped up after a set. It sure would feel nice to do a set and feel my inner thighs get that kind of pump.
I apologize if this is hijacking but I felt the subject was lacking body parts and I have some this one especially. Any thoughts??

What about inner thighs. Is it leg positioning or is there a certain exercise that targets them directly. I have muscle tone in my quads and hamstrings but lacking in the inner thighs. I use the adductor machine but still not getting the results I want. For some reason I cannot isolate them. It's not like a bicep curl where I feel my arms so pumped up after a set. It sure would feel nice to do a set and feel my inner thighs get that kind of pump.
I apologize if this is hijacking but I felt the subject was lacking body parts and I have some this one especially. Any thoughts??

I would think any pressing with your feet wide stanced and toes maybe at around 3 and 9:00... Concentrating on a slow negative.... This pro I talked to named Greg Ducette(?) Had a ridiculous inner quad and I asked what he did , he told me years of sumo deads , made sense

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws