over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do YOU carb load for a show

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
not looking to start a pissing match as to what method is better or why , just want to know how you do it or have done in the past and if it worked or falied for you

Ive heard so many variations , from guys trying to cram down 1000 grams of simple carbs all day Friday , to all out "crap" loading late Friday night , to carb loading early in the week before. I've heard of guys using everything from fudge and brownies to just white rice and white potatoes , from sipping water to pounding water to drinking rootbeer with 3 tablespoons of honey added to each can!!

I've seen guys look great on Tuesday and be flat as a pancake Friday when they try to carb up only to peak sunday night !!
I've seen guys look great friday morning but look smooth and watery Saturday morning.

not looking to start a pissing match as to what method is better or why , just want to know how you do it or have done in the past and if it worked or falied for you

Ive heard so many variations , from guys trying to cram down 1000 grams of simple carbs all day Friday , to all out "crap" loading late Friday night , to carb loading early in the week before. I've heard of guys using everything from fudge and brownies to just white rice and white potatoes , from sipping water to pounding water to drinking rootbeer with 3 tablespoons of honey added to each can!!

I've seen guys look great on Tuesday and be flat as a pancake Friday when they try to carb up only to peak sunday night !!
I've seen guys look great friday morning but look smooth and watery Saturday morning.

Gunsmith bro, thanks for posting this lol was thinking to post this today...im doing my own prep and im about 4 weeks away so im thinking about how to approach the last week. When i worked with main event he had a REALLY good approach to it and proper peaked me for the day

Basically we carbed and sodium loaded pretty much all week. Carbs were fucking painful to get down lol. And then the night before had a steak with some cheesecake. And just more and more carbs for the show. We cut the sodium back about 2 days before the show, the water was cut around 8pm the day before. It worked for sure! Very pumped...but watered over in the evening show

Don't restrict sodium to much as sodium and h2o are need to transfer carbs to your muscles. I really don't believe in carb loading its to risky. Go by how you look or how who ever is looking at you feels. Add carbs accordingly. If you can't get a pump add sodium to some of ur meals. Cutting water the night before is good. Their is precontest thread Q and A in here with a national competitor that's real good read

Im thinking run low/no carbs for 5-6 days , monday and tuesday eat 600-700 g a day with protein and trace fats , water at 3 gallons a day.Wednesday cut salt and carbs back to 20-30g per meal trace fats till friday. Noon friday cut water to 4oz with each meal.
Im thinking you will carb up and spill over fully by thursday , then all you have to deal with is getting the water off and with no sodium im thinking you should just piss it right out. No more lifting or anything to deplete the carbs you filled with

I have a fried that swears by the friday simple carb loading and say that you cant realy fuck it up unless you drink to much water , all his does is sip water with his cigh carb meals all day friday and see how he looks early saturday am , add more water if needed , he likes the idea of being dry and hard over big and full

i like to start wednesday or thursday, then taper down going into friday night

i need more than 24 hours to load up, and lots of carbs, prob bc of ecto-morphish bodytype

and then a couple big mixed meals saturday morning

water is just 2 gallons up till friday night, then sip

i try to make it simple and not some crazy formula/equation, just double the usual carbs for wed/thurs/fri,

I've done it all in one day, works better that way for me.

just dont drink red wine before you go on stage

Very slowly fill the body back out, I would cut cardio sunday the week before the show, usually very flat at this point, keep diet monday and tuesday and train hard those day. Wednesday began carb loading, carbs based on person of course, only 3 meals with sodium, 1/2 gallon of water, a little bit of fats with each meal. This would be your heaviest carb load day. Access conditioning thursday and if your still flat eat more carbs if your fuller or looking like your near spilling over which you shouldn't be cut carbs back from wednesdays load. again 3 meals with sodium out of the 6, half gallon of water. Friday, 1/2 gallon of water up until 2 pm, no sodium, carbs would be lowest on this day. Fat content a tad higher. Dry out. Saturday morning, steak and eggs for first meal salted, half a dyazide. After that another steak and white rice meal 3 hours later, then every half hour after either some dry granolla or rice cakes with a bit of peanut butter till you get on stage. All of these meals salted. I used this set up on my last client, he was the dryest most conditioned guy in the show. Most of it is based around what Aceto does for his guys with a few little things thrown in here and there. A lot of it still depends on the person though. Favorite carb sources for carbing up white rice, rice cakes, and dry granolla. protein sources, chicken and lean steak alternating. Fat sources, natural peanut butter with no sodium. Sodium one is fine day of the show.

Note: I'd keep water at 2 gallons up until Wednesday before show then cut back to a half gall.

Do you use insulin?

CG

I have for mass building purposes , heard a little about it for loading but never tried it

You can fully load from dead flat with slin and Poptars in 24 hours. If you would like IM me. :)

CG

why?? personal experience or brosay?

Ya just personal experience...

I drank a little warm red wine before I went on stage it was bitter and I felt it in my stomach the whole time during prejudging. Started getting a small cramp in my stomach and then I got nervous and felt like I was sweating but really wasnt because I was dehydrated.

Just a bad experience

You can fully load from dead flat with slin and Poptars in 24 hours. If you would like IM me. :)

CG

will do brother man , let me get to a comp , can't fat finger my phone

Google "Shitloading" . This has worked better than anything else for me. LOL... showing up at weigh-ins eating a greasy hamburger and fries screws with the competition's mind too!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws