advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you cycle cruise/blast/blood donation around bloodwork?

Dvo36

Registered
How often do you donate blood and do blood work? How do you run your cycles around this?

I haven’t donated blood in awhile… But I do get two comprehensive blood work up’s done annually. If one of those labs happens during a blast then I’ll still do it. It’s nice to have a glimpse of what happening internally while on cycle… But I’ll add a third labwork if that’s the case about 1 month after going back to my TRT dose.

Cage

For the last several years that I competed my only "blast" was during prep so 16-18 weeks.
I always get labs done a couple week or so before I start a prep just to make sure everything is ok to start , then several weeks after which make it's about every 6 month.

I donate whole blood every 8 weeks regardless since my hematocrit generally runs high and I'm type O-

Back when i was running a bunch of test and bold i would donate every 8-10 weeks to keep things in check. Blood work every 6 months. These days with my lower doses i donate more like 4-6 months to stay where i want. And blood work every 3 months for TRT.

I have yet to donate blood. My bloodwork always shows hematocrit at the upper end of the range but still within. My doc told me it wasn't necessary so I haven't bothered as of yet.

My bloodwork as of the past 2-3 years has always been done on a blast. I see no point pulling bloodwork during a cruise, you aren't getting an accurate idea of the damage that is being done. My next blood work will be done 6 weeks into my heaviest cycle to date (3g range)

The dangers of elevated hematocrit are exaggerated. Unless your levels start moving toward the upper 50s I’d leave it alone. Donating blood too often comes with a host of problems (ferritin deficiency for instance). I think most problems with clots and arterial/heart damage come from undiagnosed blood clotting disorders and untreated/undiagnosed high blood pressure (and atherosclerosis obviously).

Just my 2 cents. Not medical advice 🙂

Maybe you want something more specific but:

I get an annual physical with my primary. I leave that until the Fall so after summer cycle (typically longer but mild) and I'm cruising for a bit. I do my own bloods in advance post cycle to ensure recovery and that I'm doing okay or on the path. Last summer cycle was mostly test and primo so bloods were fine at end.

I'll do bloods likely another 4 times a year. More if something was really off maybe.

As far as donating, I do it as needed. Less now that my sleep apnea is under control via CPAP. I have always sat at upper human range (say limit is 51,I'm never below 48 and if I'm 51-52 that's okay). You can drain your iron if you overdo it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws