over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you deal with free food?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Lately I have been sticking with my diet fairly well but the one thing that still always gets me is free food.

Growing up as a kid me and my mom alone at 2 seperate times in our lives were realy poor for a little while and on food stamps, asked freinds if I could get a snack at their house ect. My mom had always pe I'm trying stick to my diet but I feel stupid for not taking something given to me for free, I feel like I am missing out and loosing out on resources, stupid for not accepting something for free. simply just saying no to something that me and many others at some time were scavenging for is hard to do. If you have ever been at that point in your life before i don't know if it would give you a different feeling about rejecting free food. There actauly was like 2 times in the past where I actually rejected it but most of the time I seem to be overpowered.

Was wondering if any of y'all have ever felt the same problem and how do you overcome it. There is a coworker of mine at 1job and he always brings me really good food for free once a week because he works for a food distribution company. Today I told him not to bring me any more free food again but was also very thankful for the food that he brought me in the past. It is definitely easier said than done to try to find some other jobs that don't offer free food so I just have to find out my own mental way to reject free food.

If it's free, it's for me. I never turn down free food, I'm the guy at the company pizza party downing 8 slices.

It becomes easier if you can program your brain that those kinda of food are simply "not for you" and detrimental. for instance, if someone was offering you free cigarettes, would you smoke them? Free heroin? Now obviously that's not quite the same, but if you aren't a smoker or a heroin addict, neither of those 2 things are going to sound very appealing to you. If you can put "junk" (for lack of better term, just any food that you in theory don't want to eat) into the same catagory as those items, it's not really hard, as it's not something you WANT to eat, free or not.

...that being said, if you aren't dieting for a show, eat clean as much as you can then eat all the free shit you get.

It becomes easier if you can program your brain that those kinda of food are simply "not for you" and detrimental. for instance, if someone was offering you free cigarettes, would you smoke them? Free heroin? Now obviously that's not quite the same, but if you aren't a smoker or a heroin addict, neither of those 2 things are going to sound very appealing to you. If you can put "junk" (for lack of better term, just any food that you in theory don't want to eat) into the same catagory as those items, it's not really hard, as it's not something you WANT to eat, free or not.

...that being said, if you aren't dieting for a show, eat clean as much as you can then eat all the free shit you get.

This info is right on! Basically think of it like this. What you put in is what you get out. If you put in dirty fattening food, that what you'll get. If you do a half ass diet, you get half ass fat loss as a result.

when my old man came over straight off the boat from europe he didn't even speak english. started off as a garbage guy and noticed all the free food businesses tossed out. so he use to make me help him get expired food from catering companies, etc. they have to toss milk out thats expired the same day but its still good. bread takes a while to mold. etc. took what we needed and gave the rest to a church. its not like i was picking through peoples garbage eating half eaten hamburgers but dumpster diving was a routine for me lol. eventually my old man became an electrician and eventually went back to buy the garbage company so he did good. as a result i'm kind of a collector i hate tossing stuff out. im a computer guy so i have a stack of old modems, video cards, etc my wife is always complaining but i just tell her when the revolution hits we may need to be using telephone lines and old dial up modems haha. But I have to agree with Chode. Junk food is poison. I can turn it down easy. Now if someone were to randomly buy me a kilo of chicken i wouldn't turn it down.

Why not take the free food, if its not something you can use on your current diet then drop it off at a church or a food bank or shelter?

There are so many hungry ppl out there just like you once was....why not help them out?

2 months ago had. Costco worker that was giving out samples give me a whole sandwich. Last week one gave me 5 pro bars. Rather than the normal samples. Love it. Out student orgs are starting to have noon talks that cater food. Diet going down a little. I don't have finances to say no to free food

Just eat it! Unless your somebody making a living off your looks who cares. There's more to life than some anal unrealistic bodybuilding diet that's for sure.

I'm the same way, but for a different reason than you. My inner fat kid can't resist free food. if im stuffed to the point of bursting and someone says"hey, you want a doughnut?" i cant resist. Thats about the only dirty food I eat though

This info is right on! Basically think of it like this. What you put in is what you get out. If you put in dirty fattening food, that what you'll get. If you do a half ass diet, you get half ass fat loss as a result.

No where in his post did he ever say or even hint that what was offered to him was bad or not clean food. I can't understand how both of you got that from his post.

I work for a large corporation and they are always feeding us and I'm like the guy above that can and will eat a whole pizza no problem. I also have no problem eating 4 scoops of ice cream they give us twice a month.

If you're fat or overweight then I don't think you should eat that much in free food but when you really look at it most people in the corporate world who are overweight of fat they don't care what they eat or they wouldn't be that way.

There is a large church in my city that has a monthly free food program. This food is donated by local farms and supermarkets. If you're poor you get a few boxes of food that include meat, eggs, and veggies. If you don't qualify you can buy everything in the form of a donation for 50 cents or $1.00. I'm not kidding when I tell you you can get a gallon of milk for $1.00. Dz eggs for 50 cents and you can get a pack of Perdue 5pk chicken breast for $1.00. It may be right before it freeze date but hell I buy 10 packs at once and put them all in the freezer.

I'm also a Vet and during the holidays there are always several restaurants, churches and other organizations that give us free meals.

With the price of food going up and up along with my appetite I'm always looking for deals. I don't really look for free meals but I won't pass them up. Your local newspaper and cable stations have a ton of information and you can get some great deals by searching for coupons online.

Eat it on your cheat day

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

The only time I turn down free food is if I just ate and too damn stuffed to put anything else in my mouth. otherwise, I'm going to eat it. The way I was raised, if I go to someone's house and I'm offered food, I take it and thank them for the food, the only exception is if it's something that is too spicy for me or if there's too much dairy as my belly is a little sensitive lol

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member