over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you do your HIIT?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In the offseason, when cutting? Both?

What types have you found work best, or cut into recovery too much? How much total per week?

For me I do it year round as I don't really bulk or cut. I do LISS too so only 24 minutes per week. 3 x a week full body workouts so I do mine after training.

Monday
Box Jumps, Kettle bell swings, etc stuff like that for 40 seconds, then 20 seconds walking (8 total minutes)

Wed
Stepmill (20 seconds all out, 40 at a moderate pace)

Fri
Same as above but on the spin bike where I turn the resistance up for 20 seconds then do moderate for 40

The main thing I see I don't agree with is people doin like 1 minute all out, 1 minute slower. I don't feel like that is actually HIIT as you cant do 1 minute all out maximum effort. I used to do sprints up a hill or sprint and walk back but it's just more convenient and time Saving to just do it at the gym following training.

first 10-15 min i do LISS then next 10-15 min i run/walk for bout 2 min run then 2-3 min brisk walk and repeat....
-F

Nothing, zero, liss cardio all day to me.
Just out of preference, or not to cut into recovery? For liss I like the elliptical, easier on the joints than treadmill. Never been a fan of the bike for liss, I guess in science it gets hr up and burns fat I just can't do cardio sitting on my ass as much as I would love to. I do like the spin bike for hiit, need to try the assualt bike.

1-2 HIIT session a week. I have a steep hill close by. Or a stationary bike. It keeps my BP at least 10 points lower. Walk the dog a couple miles or so a day for some activity.

Just out of preference, or not to cut into recovery? For liss I like the elliptical, easier on the joints than treadmill. Never been a fan of the bike for liss, I guess in science it gets hr up and burns fat I just can't do cardio sitting on my ass as much as I would love to. I do like the spin bike for hiit, need to try the assualt bike.

I do not want to stimulate my CNS any more since I have problems sleeping and resting, in addition, I feel cannot introduce HIIT it without affecting my conventional weight training recovering. I would like to maybe do HIIT with abs, but somehow I end up having pain in my neck, plus I don't think you can do the intensity necessary to reap the benefits.

I like the bike only for short periods of 30 or 40 minutes, for longer cardio I prefer to walk or stepper.

71PdE4Rda3L._AC_SY879_.jpg

start workout with run/walk every 2-5 min rotate for 15-20 min,

then ever 3-4 exercises during workout, rush over to go hit intense stairmaster 5 min and back to workout

Personally with my high BP in consideration, reaching my THR is not my primary method of fat burning. ,With that being said, I seldom do HIIT anymore

HIIT is pointless for me I can cut just fine on diet, training and LISS. If I was training for a fight or an athletic event I would integrate it multiple times a week.

I agree with Greg Doucette when he says most people don't even know what HIIT is. That they are actually doing MIIT at best!!

I finish every workout with sled drags or farmers walks. I move as fast as I can for 200 yards behind my gym and rest for 1.5 minutes between sets. 5 rounds. It’s not quiiiite hiit, but similar and and it helps keep me lean and conditioned for heavy workouts

Spent the better part of my life on work ups, constant training. etc Running Early 50s now i do LISS but also add in jumping rope, shadow boxing, Wing Chun on other days. Im not a BB but im in shape 5"10 195 about 10-11% BF But i want to remain functional, dangerous. not just burn BF JMO

Spent the better part of my life on work ups, constant training. etc Running Early 50s now i do LISS but also add in jumping rope, shadow boxing, Wing Chun on other days. Im not a BB but im in shape 5"10 195 about 10-11% BF But i want to remain functional, dangerous. not just burn BF JMO
There’s nothing more functional than farmers walks, or yoke carries.

You want to watch one of the ultimate functional trainers check this guy out https://instagram.com/tom_haviland?igshid=14h1ku31l5mes

I personally think that a lot of body builders die of cardic problems because they don't exercise their heart as much as their muscles. I do jump rope with a weighted rope or speed rope with super sets. Lifeline jump ropes are the best! IMO

4-5set of 1 min sprint / 2 min jog

I finish every workout with sled drags or farmers walks. I move as fast as I can for 200 yards behind my gym and rest for 1.5 minutes between sets. 5 rounds. It’s not quiiiite hiit, but similar and and it helps keep me lean and conditioned for heavy workouts

In my opinion, this is a much better option than HIIT for us.

I personally think that a lot of body builders die of cardic problems because they don't exercise their heart as much as their muscles. I do jump rope with a weighted rope or speed rope with super sets. Lifeline jump ropes are the best! IMO
Definitely agree with this. Alot of anti cardio people out there but I think people are trending away from that.

True HIIT involves exerting an effort that can only be sustained for 15-20 seconds max. Even as your performance improves, so to does your ability to exert more effort. Therefore you are always confined to that time frame. All these HIIT workouts talking about 30-60 second intervals are not HIIT. They are intervals, they are difficult, they are not HIIT. You simply cannot make those durations without holding back.

I use the recumbent bike and do max resistance, pedaling as fast as I can for 15 seconds. Currently six intervals and trying to work my way up to eight. I only recently switched to this and it was a nice reminder of how out of shape I am. LISS was a giant waste of time for me personally. Not speaking for everyone as some people do great with it.

I used to love HIIT but as I got older, it seemed to impact leg recovery a lot.

5 min warm up; 10 min HIT(15 seconds sprint all out, 45secs 60% and repeat) 5 min cool down = 20 min on elliptical or bike

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws