over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do YOU feel while dieting?

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
I know everyone is different so I want to take a poll. How do you feel when prepping for a show or dieting really hard? I know myself personally I always feel like walking death the last few weeks before a show, but I've always been told thats how your supposed to feel. To me its normal and just a part of bodybuilding. Any of you guys feel "normal" while prepping for a show?

I usually feel great(outside of choking down meat that I dont like to eat) up until about 1-3 weeks out.
THe earlier I start, the better I feel at the end. Much easier with minor adjustments tot he nutrition over the long haul instead of being a bit more intensive with the cardio and diet within a shorter time span.

walking death is usually associated with low or no carb diets

i MYSELF.....can not do it.....i get very sick

so i normally feel pretty good

maybe my nerves are alittle bothered the closer to the show

:)

I dont diet for shows, but honestly the cleaner I eat the worse I feel. I know weird right?!? My stomach gets so meet up when I eat stupid clean.... Especially if I'm eating a lot of fish.

haven't taken the plunge and prepped for a contest yet, near future though. But when i'm trying to get lean I have no problems, actually feel a lot better, especially when i start increasing my raw vegetable intake, the fresh vitamins seems to wake up my brain...

I feel great while dieting. I use longer-term cutting phases- 16-20 weeks, and I keep carbs in the diet just about all the way through. Doing it this way cuts down on the suffering and makes me a little bit easier to be around. I don't start to hurt until a couple of weeks out.

I feel horrible on CKD/no/low carb diet! My body just feels as though it is gonna die!

I love the dieting aspect and not feeling full and stuffed all day. I love being regimented and having a set schedule of cardio this day for this long and eat this at these times etc. I have done one show and I loved the diet up until around 2-3 weeks out. We went from carb cycling to no carb and after a few weeks no carbs I became pretty exhausted. Workouts began to suffer etc. I didn't FEEL bad though, I just didn't have any energy.

Like VT I love the set schedule for my day. I feel healthy and motivated like I'm getting good things done. The only thing I miss is the extra glass of red wine in the evenings. Other than that I feel my best when I'm dieting.

Last edited:
If I get enough sleep, I feel tired quicker, but okay. But, w/o enough sleep along with dieting, I feel drained and exhausted.

If I get enough sleep, I feel tired quicker, but okay. But, w/o enough sleep along with dieting, I feel drained and exhausted.

Yes I think sleep plays a hug role in everything. I dont get nearly enough sleep because of my work schedule. I close my gym down at 9 so I don't get home until around 930 and i'm up at 4 or 430 every morning to do my cardio. Naps are pretty much not an option for me either as I have clients spread throughout the day

Ten hours of sleep is a must for me when dieting for a contest otherwise between the diet and lack of sleep I feel like a zombie. But with enough sleep I do okay at least until the last 2-3 weeks.

Ten hours of sleep is a must for me when dieting for a contest otherwise between the diet and lack of sleep I feel like a zombie. But with enough sleep I do okay at least until the last 2-3 weeks.

I don't know how you guys do it. When I diet, until the last few weeks, I feel pretty wired. I may be mentally tired at times but when I try to nap, I just lay there and can't sleep as my body is still going hard. I normally get around 6-7 hours on a good night.

The other part is that when I'm losing weight and my metabolism is pretty reved up, I wake up consistently around 5am starving. At that point there is no way I can just roll over due to the hunger pains so I get up and hit my fasted cardio.

I feel like shit all the time...prep or no prep lol. But when I prep I feel zombie, due to my rotating 12hr shifts at work. I have to turn nights into my days and vice versa...Morning shift I have to get up at 230am to do cardio...drive 35min to work for shift change at 5am, knock 12hrs out, drive 35min back to town, train, and get home around around 8:30pm...then repeat 4 more days....Graveyards:eek:...Im not even gonna go there! Luckily I have a very helpful wife that takes care of everything except the training...and she meets me at the gym after work.....So I really couldnt gauge how I feel on prep diet...sorry for that lol...

I tend to feel pretty drained most of the time when dieting. I think the biggest problem is I get irritated much more quickly. Especially with the low/ no carb

I do a carb zig zag so I feel great early in the week when my carbs are still high and awful at the end of the week. I would also agree sleep plays a huge role. I get much less sleep when dieting, which makes me get that "zombie" feeling.

walking death is usually associated with low or no carb diets

i MYSELF.....can not do it.....i get very sick

so i normally feel pretty good

maybe my nerves are alittle bothered the closer to the show

:)

hey bro is that avatar you? if so you look great bro how low did you drop carbs for show?

SB

I am 2 weeks out and I feel like I am in the off season. lol I actually have to keep checking my condition to make sure I am as ready as I thought I was 5 minutes ago.

There is a big difference in forcing your body to get lean vs. coercing it. Of course, there is also a big difference eating fruity pebbles and pancakes every Sunday, as well. Just sayin'.

Skip

I am 2 weeks out and I feel like I am in the off season. lol I actually have to keep checking my condition to make sure I am as ready as I thought I was 5 minutes ago.

There is a big difference in forcing your body to get lean vs. coercing it. Of course, there is also a big difference eating fruity pebbles and pancakes every Sunday, as well. Just sayin'.

Skip

What show are you competing at Skip?

I feel like shit all the time...prep or no prep lol. But when I prep I feel zombie, due to my rotating 12hr shifts at work. I have to turn nights into my days and vice versa...Morning shift I have to get up at 230am to do cardio...drive 35min to work for shift change at 5am, knock 12hrs out, drive 35min back to town, train, and get home around around 8:30pm...then repeat 4 more days....Graveyards:eek:...Im not even gonna go there! Luckily I have a very helpful wife that takes care of everything except the training...and she meets me at the gym after work.....So I really couldnt gauge how I feel on prep diet...sorry for that lol...
EXACTLY, i feel ya bro, 12hr rotating shifts takes its toll on you especially when dieting. right now i am the fucking walking dead, i can't think or remember nothing, the guys i work with are pretty much taking care of me like a baby right now, making sure i remember to do everything associated with my work. LOL they are amazed at how "out of it" i am right now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131