over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys carb cycle?

laduem88

Registered
i know there are a million ways to carb cycle. personally i love carb cycling to stay lean year round and was wondering how do you guys go about it?

i just follow this layout:

4 medium days in a row (carbs only pre and post work out)
1 carb up day
2 keto days
repeat

I only use what I would consider a true carb cycle precontest. It typically starts something like this:

3 days high
3 days med
1 day low

I periodically change it throughout the diet, usually 3 times or so. The bias changes over time (usually over 3 major changes or so), with less high days and more low days, eventually switching to almost all low days. I never go keto.

It is a lot more technical than what it layed out here, this is just a very basic outline of my dieting strategy.

Generally speaking, I think it's a big mistake to just follow some set template for a carb cycle without monitoring how you're responding, and adjusting as appropriate.

The body is a very dynamic organism, and dieting is a very dynamic process.

How do I carb cycle? First it would involve giving Shelby some $$$, then I would follow the plan 100%. Not that hard..lol

Generally speaking, I think it's a big mistake to just follow some set template for a carb cycle without monitoring how you're responding, and adjusting as appropriate.

I completely agree, and this is why my carb cycle changes throughout the diet. I feel that doing it this way also lets my body get used to dealing with low carbs a little more easily, making the transition from offseason to full-on dieting a little bit easier. Of course, nobody ever told me how to carb cycle. I could be doing it all wrong, but I go by what my body tells me and it hasn't done me wrong yet.

I agree with you. I never start tossing my carb intake up and down aimlessly to stimulate bodyfat unless I truly feel like my body needs that. I will simply decrease carbohydrate intake slowly and increase protein intake moderately throughout the process of getting lean. If I stall out I may dip my carbs a bit on my two training days in a row and then have a "higher" day on the following non training day that makes up for the caloric (carb) deficit on the two prior days. I think the main benefit of carb cycling is to keep the thyroid up. tapering carbs lower and lower is a good way to slow the metabolism a bit.

I just recently started carb cycling. I'm keeping it basic right now.

Lift days which are Mon, Wed, Fri I take in medium-high carbs
Cardio Days which are Tue, Thur, Sat I take in low-medium carbs
Mon-Sat I do carb cutoff, no carbs after 4pm
Sunday is a carb refeed with as many carbs as possible

It's working right now so I'm leaving it as is. My body stores fat easily with excess carbs so I've really got to watch my carb intake.

What works insanely well for me, and I will be using this method for the next 6 weeks.

Training Days = Monday and Thursday and Sunday

On these days, I eat exactly 4,000 calories, comprised of 386/237/167 protein/carbs/fat respectively.

I have carbs in every meal except lunch and my last meal before bed.

Off days = Tuesday Wednesday Friday Saturday

On these days, I have only 950 calories, comprised of 159/19/26
protein/carbs/fat respectively.

On these days I perform 45 mins cardio in the morning, 45 at night.

So in summary, my days go as, High, none, none, High, none, none, High. In theory, its grow, cut, cut, grow, cut, cut, grow.

This keeps my metabolism high and catabolism low. Yes, you do suffer slightly on the no-carb days, but this sport isnt made for pussies. You get your carbs right back in 2 days

In essence, this schedule is geared toward more fat loss than it is muscle gain. Depending on how much more I wanna grow, I adjust the amounts of high days accordingly.

On the super supps, you will pack on lean mass AND drop bodyfat at the SAME TIME using this protocol. Test will not allow you to lose muscle, and if you do, its so minimal.

In 4 weeks I usually lay down 2lbs of muscle and drop 2lbs of straight bodyfat a week, for a total of 8lbs of straight body lard coming off my frame.

Last edited:
What works insanely well for me, and I will be using this method for the next 6 weeks.

On these days, I eat exactly 4,000 calories, comprised of 386/237/167 protein/carbs/fat respectively.

So in summary, my days go as, High, none, none, High, none, none, High. In theory, its grow, cut, cut, grow, cut, cut, grow.

This keeps my metabolism high and catabolism low. Yes, you do suffer slightly on the no-carb days, but this sport isnt made for pussies. You get your carbs right back in 2 days

In essence, this schedule is geared toward more fat loss than it is muscle gain. Depending on how much more I wanna grow, I adjust the amounts of high days accordingly.

On the super supps, you will pack on lean mass AND drop bodyfat at the SAME TIME using this protocol. Test will not allow you to lose muscle, and if you do, its so minimal.

In 4 weeks I usually lay down 2lbs of muscle and drop 2lbs of straight bodyfat a week, for a total of 8lbs of straight body lard coming off my frame.

950 cals omfg how do you survive? is that not a little extreme?

Yes but u fight thru it...if I get hungry I drink coffee and more water

You only suffer for 2 days and you get big food again

400 grams of complex carbs on Mon, then reduce by about 75 grams a day till your down to zero by Saturday. Have a free day on sunday (nothing crazy), then start all over again. Protein and fat intake stay the same everyday. Tons of green veggies on your low carb days.

Been doing that for the past 16 weeks with excellent results.

I've been wanting to try carb cycling and may give it a go this off season. I plan to workout every other day and on those days the trainign will be lat afternoon so taking in the carbs all day will be nice.

I was planning somthing like this

Training Monday , Wednesday , Friday , Sunday , Tuesday and so on

on training days 400g-Protein , 350g-carbs , 120-140g-fat = 4100 ish cals

non training days only carbs will be from fiberous veggies = 2700 ish cals

the majority of the fats will be from healthy red meat and eggs , carbs will be mostly sweet potatos and some fruit.

I'm sure those numbers will have to bae adjusted a bit but thats what I was mulling over in my head with my limited knowledge and experiance with carb cycling

I really like this approach and think Im going to try something similar. Do you feel you lose strength on the training days because of the previous days starvation? This seems ideal in the long run to cut because the body never gets used to anything this way and no need to ever cheat which if you are an endomorph or half of it, will just fuck you anyway. Do you have most of your carbs from complex sources or do you include any fruit in it? Wow must say I never tried anything like that, always went steady which is the worse thing to do as the body loves to adapt.

For my last show I did 25g carbs, 50g pro, and 14g fat each meal for 6 meals everyday on training days. On non-training days I did 50g pro and 14g fat for every meal of the day EXCEPT for my 2nd meal of the day, in which I had the regular 50g pro, 25g carbs, and 14g fat. I did this every week and also did a Skipload every sunday. On top of that, I did fasted cardio and did not eat for 2hrs after I woke up in the morning. I got real lean and actually grew into the show with this method :headbang: Sure macros were adjusted when needed here and there, but that was the basic layout.

i cycle my carb based on my training whether i am trying to cut or trying to gain.

Right now it is more of just maintenance during PCT than anything but i also am trying to back-load my carbs and see if i notice any difference in anything.

On training days im around ~470c/355p/70f
On nontraining days im ~150c/355p/100+f

I've cycled carbs a million different ways...but I normally would do 2 high days (over 400-500 grams) 3 med days (200-300 grams) and 2 low days (100-150 grams) ...this would be just to start out with..Shelby is starting a carb cycle right now for my prep, just to get me started...then he will adjust as needed...But, for me my metabolism is very fast once it starts to get going. So i prob, need more high days to not lose muslce or get to flat for a longer peroid of time

i like high days on training days and lows on non training with cardio. Of course the macros in the high and low days are very custom to me. around 400g carbs on high and 120 on lows.

maintaining 7%bf at 225

monday: up to 500g - train - cardio, before 1st meal
tuesday: 300g - train - some PWO cardio
wednesday: 200-250g - cardio AM sometimes PM
thursday: 300g sometimes another high day. depends - train - no cardio
friday: 300g - train - no cardio
saturday, sunday - 150-250 g - no training - cardio - cheat meal

I only use what I would consider a true carb cycle precontest. It typically starts something like this:

3 days high
3 days med
1 day low

I periodically change it throughout the diet, usually 3 times or so. The bias changes over time (usually over 3 major changes or so), with less high days and more low days, eventually switching to almost all low days. I never go keto.

It is a lot more technical than what it layed out here, this is just a very basic outline of my dieting strategy.

I've done something similar to this and had great results.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws