over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you guys count your calories and macros? OFF SEASON

well im not an ectomorph, im more endooooo/meso. i will try and just eat as often as possible, thats how i did it when i first started and i gained more muscle then i do now just counting calories and macros lol

M chief do not take that advice,,, you will never be where you want to be strength , physique wise

I was thinking the same thing brotha thats the whole point of knowing what you are eating ,, its a guide to assess your progress okay didnt gain any weight this week ,, add 1 once protein to every meal,,, 3 weeks later okay didnt gain any weight this week add 1 ounce carbs to every meal,, or you can split up 3 meals 1 ounce carbs, 3 meals 1 ounce protein to keep the same macros..

There are many variations ,, the purpose of having a diet to me is a guideline and like bieber said have a cheat meal once a week where you maybe eat a different macro set up then you usually have or something you would not normally eat even if its not necessarily a cheat,,,

Vitamin boy Im sorry brotha if your the type that can get away with eating mcydees 5 times a day and staying 6-8% bf you should not even be in this thread because your .05% of the population and do not know anything about diet ,, if you not one of those extreme cases then you should really get a few nutrition books and learn basic principles

Ohh believe me i used to be just like this kid writing down everything ..Havent done that in over 3 years unless i am doing a show and i look better then i ever have or would have if i had kept worrying about geting fat in the offseason eating a little butter or having an extra few carbs .... pre contest a way diff story .I DO BELIEVE YOU SHOULD HAVE A BASE DIET weather cutting/bulking ....Just not go to the extreme And NO i dont and cant eat mcdonalds 5 times a day LOL

*** Im guessing everyone on here is on NOT natural , If you do not use AAS/hormones this does not apply to you

Last edited:
when i count i just like the feeling of knowing how many cals im taking in a day. which is 4000.

Ohh believe me i used to be just like this kid writing down everything ..Havent done that in over 3 years unless i am doing a show and i look better then i ever have or would have if i had kept worrying about geting fat in the offseason eating a little butter or having an extra few carbs .... pre contest a way diff story .I DO BELIEVE YOU SHOULD HAVE A BASE DIET weather cutting/bulking ....Just not go to the extreme And NO i dont and cant eat mcdonalds 5 times a day LOL

*** Im guessing everyone on here is on NOT natural , If you do not use AAS/hormones this does not apply to you

I hear what your saying bro, but i think Itrains actual comment wasnt about avoiding fat or anything like that bro.

I think he feels the same as a lot of us here and that if you follow a base diet....you can always make little ammendments

Also, say if you want to come back to the same diet a year later you know exactly were to start etc. Ofcourse you have to listen to your body and feed it more when needed, or less when it is struggling

Think of it this way though....go and pay a 'Guru' a few hundred dollars for an off-season to get you to the next level....he turns around says hey i have no diet for you but eat as much clean food as you want.....i think i know what id say to him:rolleyes:

If I'm being strict I hire a coach, if not I just use the mirror.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear