over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys do BB rows?

Angle of upper body during BB Rows?

• Total voters
i do barbell rows Dorian yates style .... he did a training video i guess for the MD, where he explained the details of his techinique.

Exactly

i do barbell rows Dorian yates style .... he did a training video i guess for the MD, where he explained the details of his techinique.

This is how I perform mine as well. I figure if you are going to take form advice on a back exercise from someone it might as well be the BACK MASTER.

This is how I perform mine as well. I figure if you are going to take form advice on a back exercise from someone it might as well be the BACK MASTER.

and have ever tried teaching the same to some newbie.... its so fuckin difficult, to teach a newbie.... either their knees are not in line ... or the wont be able to move the bar in a straight line...

I'll be doing these later today. I find I typically get the best muscle involvement at say 55-60 degree angle, and I do them with a reverse grip. Works best for me, tend to get more lower lat development

I'll be doing these later today. I find I typically get the best muscle involvement at say 55-60 degree angle, and I do them with a reverse grip. Works best for me, tend to get more lower lat development

Angle from parallel or upright?

There is more than one way to do them just like a bicep curl. Ea. angle will hit differnetly and you should adjust hand grip width, body angle, weight, reps, and over or underhand for maximum stimulation.

If when you did them yates style you felt it in your upper back, and you want to target rhomboids/traps. Why would you change it?

I always do them at a 45 ... I find it lets you focus more on the lift itself rather than worrying about your lower back getting pissed.

i do them on a smith machine, i think its better because i can really focus on my form and the muscle contraction.

between 45-60 degrees. I start out about 90, as i lift to full contration i tilt back a little then bring it back to about 60-90 and flar out lats. stay with good form(with 315lbs. by the way).

About 60 degree both hands over with straps. I can move plenty of weight this way with an angle that I am comfortable with and in a movement that hits my lats nicely.

I'm at complete parallel

Dorian is one bad man. Just to watch the guy and how he handles himself there. Kai was saying yes sir! Dorian sure wasnt afraid to tell them no no no :naughty: Thats not how you do it.
cool video there, Thanks for the link.

Yeah I like the clip lots too. I am a big fan of Dorian and the way he goes about things.

Dorian is one bad man. Just to watch the guy and how he handles himself there. Kai was saying yes sir! Dorian sure wasnt afraid to tell them no no no :naughty: Thats not how you do it.
cool video there, Thanks for the link.

Absolutely, you can see the respect that Dorian demands just as he did when he was on stage at at the top of his game. As genetically gifted and huge Kai is, at least he's still open to critique. That shows both Dorian's greatness and Kai's drive and determination to get better. Great clip...definitely going to incorporate Dorians methods.

PS...it's kind of funny to hear people talk about rowing 315 for reps with perfect form when you see Kai only getting up to 275. I realize he's close to a show and all but I can't fathom many people truly row 315 with perfect for for reps....not saying it doesn't happen...but probably not with the control that one should have while rowing it.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc