YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys do your carb up or carb refeed??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Let's say you are running a low carb diet 75-100g a day while maintaining a 500-700 calorie a day deficit.

Do you do a weekly or bi-weekly carb refeed?

When you do this carb load to you try to stay around maintenance calories or slightly below or do you just add in carbs to the current plan for the bolus of calories.??
I would think that not being in major calorie deficit (1000+ per day) that you would not need a big calorie intake to stimulate metabolism.

For instance if the subject is taking in 50g Protein , 15g fat and 15g carbs per meal (6 a day) for their daily diet giving roughly 2370 calories fats coming from leaner meat and carbs coming from vegetables.
Would doing something like eating 13 poptarts through out the day (26g Protein , 455g carbs in , 58g fat close in calories)
Be a safer way to carb up and not blow the calories up??

What's everyone opinions and why?

i eat 500g every day and high day is 800g....my split is P/P/L and i do take metformin evening before sleep,helps with sensitivity so i stay very lean year round

i eat 500g every day and high day is 800g....my split is P/P/L and i do take metformin evening before sleep,helps with sensitivity so i stay very lean year round
On your high day do you just increase to 800g/1200 calories or do you lower protein and fats to keep the daily calorie intake close to the same??

B-boy said it well, the frequency and quantity of refeeds is the general catalyst for weight gain and weight loss for me.

Diet phase - once weekly, mod carb and fat
Recomp phase - twice weekly, high carb with little protein and trace fats
Growing phase - twice weekly, high carb major surplus

I used this method and works extremely well. Cut protein in half, cut out all fats. The morning of your weight take that x2 and that's your carbs. Can even go as high as 2.5x

I learnt this from another coach on a different board. It's also in Championship Bodybuilding by Christ Aceto

I'm constantly reevaluating my refeeds. There's a delicate balance between waking up the next morning looking like a fuckin Michaelangelo statue and winning Americas Got Talent for your Water Buffalo impression. Preferably, I need to be depleted pretty significantly; the macros you've been restricting are what you refeed with.

Right now my method is more or less staying fat adapted the majority of the time eating high protein and moderate fat with more or less just incidental carbs. I'm below maintenance by about 1000 calories right now most days. If I feel that I am hitting a rough spot with lower fat, I'll go ahead and have a higher fat day with foods like full fat Ribeyes, things cooked in butter, plenty of whole eggs, cheese, etc. Not to mention this can be a sodium load day, as well, as the flatness you get from low carbs has so much to do with electrolyte imbalance. A day or two of much higher fat calorie intake is generally enough to make me feel awesome again. If I'm still in the shit, I'll spread out a carb refeed over a period of about 36 hours and generally do 500 or so. It's really not enough to replete glycogen stores very much, but it gives a little more jam in the gym and lets you eat something sweet. A carb refeed is typically much lower fat, but if I've also restricted fats, I'll sometimes let food choices have more fat content, as well. I've become more and more strict with keeping calories sane on these days, they tend to be about twice maintenance; it's all too easy to go overboard.

That said, a small deficit like you're running, you may not be downgrading hormone levels much at all, making a refeed really more of a psychological break and give you better pumps for a couple days.

There's also the argument of not doing carb refeeds at all. To tell the truth, I don't think I benefit enough from them to do large refeeds anymore. I get kicked out of ketosis and actually feel worse when I could have had a higher fat day and probably felt much better.

I only did refeeds I prep and I put one day focused on carbs.

It would be between 4-600 grams of mostly clean carbs. I went to 800 once and just felt bloated, so I learned my line.

I would lower protein a bit and lower fat a lot on this day so as not to go too high into a surplus.

On your high day do you just increase to 800g/1200 calories or do you lower protein and fats to keep the daily calorie intake close to the same??
i try to keep fast very low but protein is the same

How much met at once before sleep ?

Qiuck release or extended ?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member