advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys feel about Optimum Pro Complex?

HangingOn

Registered
I used this a lot in 2007 and 2008 when a Doctor/Bodybuilder who trained me - swore by it. It had a fantastic profile then and still does even though it has been modified.

2 scoops gives 60g protein...1g fat and 5g carbs I believe....and tastes really good. 15.5g bcaa and 10.5g glutamine as well..

**broken link removed**

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I used this a lot in 2007 and 2008 when a Doctor/Bodybuilder who trained me - swore by it. It had a fantastic profile then and still does even though it has been modified.

2 scoops gives 60g protein...1g fat and 5g carbs I believe....and tastes really good. 15.5g bcaa and 10.5g glutamine as well..

**broken link removed**

Would be OK with out of the artificial flavor and sucralose, those 2 has digestive side effects including a reduction in the amount of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract, and will shorten the surface of the villi.

It's a good protein but it won't give you anything that e.g. regular ON gold standard wouldn't.

Seems to me it has more of what we would want than just isolate....

Looks spiked as well. Almost anytime the ingredients have added amino acids, it is most likely spiked.

Meaning when their products are tested for protein content amount, it gives a false higher result than what is actually in it.

And yeah, stay away from sucralose.

Looks spiked as well. Almost anytime the ingredients have added amino acids, it is most likely spiked.

Meaning when their products are tested for protein content amount, it gives a false higher result than what is actually in it.

And yeah, stay away from sucralose.

I don't think it's spiked. Looks like they added additional BCAAs maybe. ON has always scores pretty high on independent lab testing. Pretty sure they never scored below 90% or maybe a little less. Obviously I don't know for sure or about this specific product but ON has a pretty good reputation.

**broken link removed**

Not bad, but $2.36 per serving is pretty high in my opinion. I would buy it if I ran out and needed a protein powder right away, otherwise I would order online and buy True Protein's isolate or hyrdolyzed whey... more actual protein per serving, better price per serving, and have more control over what artificial sweetners you want in it.

The amino acids typically used in nitrogen spiking are taurine, glycine, glutamine and also creatine.

Still I would just stick with the gold standard. Not a bad price. Comes in handy when food is not available but I've really cut down to hardly any shakes anymore.

I used to utilize this often as well. Until I found true nutrition. It's been about seven years but I can't see myself going back to any commercial grade protein like that. It just doesn't make sense considering you are unsure what is in it.

When did sucralose become the devil? It was in practically everything a couple yrs ago...

Used it way back when i first got into bodybuilding/training..2004 or so. Too pricey for my taste now though and usually just order whatever protein power is on sale(as long as it's decent)...i.e. Beast Protein was on sale at a local store, and All Max Hexagen(?) Protein powder blend was buy one get one free from a site.

I'd be more concerned about the meat were eating rather than the powders. How about all the artificial shit pumped into that?

I like procomplex but the guy at the nutrition store was pushing allmax hexagen so I went with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I used to use it too. Before I was introduced to truenutrition :)

Exactly what I was thinking! ProComplex isn't a bad option if you need something right now rather then having to order.

It doesn't have any casein, so it's not a very good blend.

Also, it doesn't tell us the ratios of whey to egg protein. It likely has alot of whey protein, and very little egg protein, due to cost.

It's fine. The best protein available is synthepure... I love the stuff. If I need a flavoured one for my oats then I just rotate and keep things fresh. But I do like ON Gold Standard and My Protein Whey Isolate... usually something like toffee or chocolate.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws