over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you guys feel about the # of Pro cards for MPD given out

PitbullTank

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
It has been a topic on my FB groups, was going to see what you guys think. There were 36.... yes, not a typo, 36 PRO CARDS handed out at Masters Nats to MPD competitors compared to 11 in BBing through all the weight classes... what are your thoughts on this?

Not fair. It's also not fair how much easier all American competitors can get cards compared to everyone else

It's a joke. Just a way for the federation to get more money.

Of course it's about money. How much is it to renew that card each year?

I don't care how many that division gets. I won't ever compete in it!

In one word: a SHAME.

Is anyone still interested in building muscle these days? I mean... :eek::cool:

Not fair. It's also not fair how much easier all American competitors can get cards compared to everyone else

Tell me about it... when you're not US based, the ONLY way for you to get a pro card in BB is to win THE OVERALL at one of the major shows like IFBB World Championships or any of the Arnold Classic Amateur... :banghead:

Let me repeat... the OVERALL... one fucking card per contest... and what contest!! :cool:

I'm gonna go against the trend here.

They own the federation. They do whatever they want with their cards. If someone doesn't agree, compete somewhere else. Be so good that you leaving hurts them and not the other way around.

Is IFBB like an international thing that handles all the bodybuilding on the planet? Get together and open your own federation with stronger events and better rewards.

I'm gonna go against the trend here.

They own the federation. They do whatever they want with their cards. If someone doesn't agree, compete somewhere else. Be so good that you leaving hurts them and not the other way around.

Is IFBB like an international thing that handles all the bodybuilding on the planet? Get together and open your own federation with stronger events and better rewards.

Not even a matter of money anymore... look at Vince Mc Mahon and how he failed despite being wealthy and powerful media wise...

No, IFBB's got the FAME... to all aspiring BBer's around the world, IFBB = Arnold... and Arnold is bigger than bodybuiding, no new federation could compare or compete... been the case since the late 70's and will remain like this for many years to come.

well, when a Euro gets his card, he can come over the US and BTFO of the US competitors who got a card for just showing up.

B-line it straight for the Olympia stage.

It's ridiculous...I understand doing it at first to start the division off but enough is enough at some point.

Physique and bikini draw the crowds. They also have the most competitors and therefore $. Quit whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physique and bikini draw the crowds. They also have the most competitors and therefore $. Quit whining.

They have alot of competitors because it only takes 6months of training to compete in either. And at most amateur shows its family of competitors who show up to watch. I wish physique and bikini had there own show seperate from bodybuilding i hate watching those two classes the poses are so dumb and it takes forever to get through.

They have alot of competitors because it only takes 6months of training to compete in either. And at most amateur shows its family of competitors who show up to watch.

Who cares. If you had a business, wouldn't you want to maximize profit and exposure?
Bodybuilding isn't mainstream and never will be. Physique and bikini are achievable goals for a lot of potential competitors.

they gave away 120+ cards at the show....

:confused:

they gave away 120+ cards at the show....

:confused:

That is just ridiculous. How many bikini girls got a pro card? I understand both sides of the argument but it just seems so wrong. I live in Europe and well the above mentioned how it is over here. In the US many guys could literally pick a show and diet down and get a pro card. You have a lot of high calibre bodybuilders who have spent years trying to get a pro card and failing. Yet some pretty girl on a starvation diet can get one after 6 months of training.

I also have never got how the 2nd place guy can get a pro card which sometimes happens. Giving them out for all the class winners is bad enough but 2nd place.

I understand your point but surely winning their class should be reward enough. A pro card is the ultimate goal and should be the best of the best. I know they can do what they want but don't you think 120+ pro cards in one show is a bit too far?

Again the money aspect comes into play since its a business...they know these bikini and physique guys will turn pro and compete in show after show after show unlike MOST bodybuilders...obviously that means even more money for the IFBB...as I mentioned I think it's total nonsense and dilutes the level of competition at the pro level significantly.

It just makes saying I'm a MPD or Bikini pro less meaningful,like big deal so is everyone else.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear