over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you handle these types of people

oh yeah...

this is why I turn my MP3 player on real loud too......nobody talks to me anymore, and if they do, I don't turn it off.....I just nod.

For the little young guns, whenthye ask what your on tell them "I'M on, steak, chicken, potatoes, pasta, fish, whey protein, amino acids, vitamins, minerals..........etc. Just make the list so long and boring they'll lose interest. Then tell them your gym program is the JFL sytem for maximum gains!!! When they ask (excitedly cause they think they're about to hear of some new shit) what's JFL........You say "JUST FUCKING LIFT"

As for "BACK IN MY DAY" you could just ignore him............but that probably won't work. If you really want to offend him, just tell him your gay and to meet you in the locker room in five minutes!!!! Naw that might backfire.............hmmmmm..........just tell him you would like to train your way which is on your own and intense. His constant interruptions are a distraction and you need to concentrate to get the mind muscle thing happening.

Oldfella you are a HOOT!:D

This is why I go to the gym when the least amount of people are there.. I swear it is ridiculous every two damn seconds someone asking a question telling you about the new muscletech supplement how it is going to put 20 pounds on them in 4 weeks.

I basically work my lifting routine around the people who are in the gym. Normally the annoying crowd is in there between 3-7 p.m. So I either venture to the gym at 6-9 a.m. or 10-12 p.m. depending on work.

DW

That was my plan orginally and it was working, but then I noticed the dude started coming in again when I started going at the new time. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'll just tell him, I do what works for me and leave it at that.

Last edited:
If he's following you, you'll have to try something stronger than being nice.

Try biological weapons. Drink whatever protein shake gives you mucho gas from hell and when he comes around, let it rip. :D

this is simple. just tell him politely,"when i train i really like to stay focused. i dont like to talk to people and i have a specific training schedule that is why i do things the way i do. so when the ipods a rockin dont come knockin!" then put your ipod back in your ears and bang out a sick set and just look at him like you're gonna kill him. then smile:D you only should be polite to people until a certain point.

just tell him when you decide you want to look like he does you will train like he does but until them you have your own methods ha ha

LOL

I wonder why I do not have this problem? Haha

My friend's barber goes to my gym,very nice guy. My boy went for a haircut the other day and the guy tells him how he sees me every morning and that Im all jacked up and that I have my headphones on and focus on training. No bullshit.

This is very true. I put my Ipod on,turn it up loud, I rarely look up at anyone. Eye contact is a big NO. I stare at the floor, I stare at the weights, I stare into space. I avoid as much contact as possible unless I need a spot.If someone I know says hello, thats different. I will shake their hand or wave from a distance, but these people already know that I do not fuck around with chit chat.So its hello,and we will talk later,simple.

In fact with the DC type of training, you really have no time to bullshit,thats why I like it.

I also think my look has alot to do with it as well. When Im training, I just do not look very approachable,tatoos,shaved head, plus the fact that in my gym "whos that?" gets responded by "thats that nazi guy,hes fucking nuts" haha its true!!

You need an image change my friend. A nice swatstika tatooed on your arm will keep everyone away, or just shave your head and tatoo something like FUCK YOU on the back of it.....:D

Seriously brother, just tell this guy you are very serious about this shit and you have no time to talk. Straight up, he will get over his hurt feelings when he latches on to the next guy. You will be a distant memory in no time.;)

That's a problem I'll never have , I have AC-DC blasting so loud from my headphones that I never get approached by anyone ,I'm not there to BS , I get real irritated at people that stand around half the time they are there , or lately 1 guy that sits on one of the benches and talks on his cell phone half the time LMAO !

In London, I had people try and give me tips and stuff. I was trying to train bodybuilding and I had fat powerlifters trying to tell me to bounce the bar off my chest and do this and that and the owner of the gym was the worst culprit. He was a fat bastard and he was trying to turn me into a fat bastard as well.

Anyway in Cyprus and Turkey, I have a different problem. I have people comming up to me and asking stupid questions whilst Im training and when Im trying to deadlift 180kgs(which it aint easy, well for me anyway) I dont want to talk to anyone. So you have these two types of clowns, the one that wants give his unwanted advice and the one that wants to ask advice every second even when your under 8 plates.

Im taking Baldnazis advice and getting more tattoos, Ive booked one on sunday and Im dead exited. Sometime I wanna get one on my forehead that says fuck you! But I dont think my mother in law would be impressed. Mind you it would probably be aimed mostly at her:D

Last edited:
BN uses a number of the same techniques I do to ward off the idiots while training...I pull my ball cap down real low over me eyes, look at no one, acknowledge no one & train balls out. Very few people have the stones to interrupt - those that do get a cold stare that cuts right through them...They usually get the picture. Now, after the training is completed I'm a totally different guy & the "regulars" know it...

Sometimes ya just gotta stand up and let em know ya dont wanna be fucked with and then spot em and walk away lololjust kidding.

yeah i had a guy hat would follow me around my whole workout asking about female advice( some stupid cunt whore he was chasing). the first time was annoying, the second time was unbearable (talking during worksets), the third time he saw me and came running over and i said:

" bro i am here to workout so get the fuck away from me and forget about that bitch cause shes never gonna give you the ass. you sound pathetic and obssessed."

i had to be honest with the guy cause i didn't like him and he was invading my space. i didn't care what he thought.

now i feel bad cause he has not been back since. we pay but the year too.

just tell the bag of shit what you really think. Hes a fountain of useless information that needs to lay of the snickers bars.

my 2 cents

first of all makin a scene dosnt matter because itll send a message to any potential psaudo no it alls to leave u alone in the future who are in ear shot,plus itll get around.tell this meathead," if i wanted to look like your sorry lookin ass id take your advice".believe me he will not bother u again,unless he is so anal retentive of his own ego maniac self centeredness then just tell him to -go away u f-----n idiot.

NOW I can really relate to you americans ! Seems like a universal phenomenon lol

Every gym I trained at had one of these guys, and the funny thing is, there are never 2 of them, always ONE :D

The one in my current gym studies medicine and he's the guy that I saw pressing one plate a year ago and recently he was doing one plate again but said 'it felt easier this time'.

He's constantly talking to people on how to induce hypertrophy at a maximal rate

I can not help but to wonder where these people grow and what the hell they are thinking
He's constantly talking about finally doing a cycle too, I'm close to selling him thinned olive oil

I'm always surprised when people have problems like this. I mean, we all have to deal with annoying people at the gym, but no one ever annoys me more than once. Of course, I am a prick by nature, so telling someone to be on their merry little way doesn't bother me a bit. An evil little stare and a smart ass remark works every time.

There was this old power lifter that would come just in the summers and follow JT and/or me around in the gym giving us advice/bs-ing all the time. Finally we would tell him as soon as we saw him that we only had X mins to get our lift in b/c we had somewhere to be. He wasn't taking the hint, he'd still bother us. So when we'd see him we'd turn around and walk the other direction. We'd also check the parking lot for his car and try and wait him out. Which was hard since he'd spend around 4 hours hanging out at the gym waiting for people to give advice to. :rolleyes: We'd start calling in and asking if he was there and for how long. But the walking away from him and cutting him off when he started to talked got through to him. Plain and simple he forced us to be rude to him. He didn't see his constant interruptions were rude to us. He was there for social interactions.

As a gym owner I am afraid I'm a walking target for people that will always want some of my time, but all my regulars and most walkins know that when I am on the floor training myself, stay the fuck away. I usually will give some very quick advice between exercises but for the most part they all respect my personal time on the floor. It is my down time, if you could call it that! I had on e member though that would do the whole stalking thing once. I was in the middle of squats (not the best time to bother me). I was just getting ready to get under the bar, had my psyche up, just nestled the bar into the traps, as I took the strain he pokes his head around the squat rack to look me in the eyes and that was it..........I'm afraid I lost it there...........I looked him in the eyes, mine were fucking bleeding by now and said........if you ever interrupt one of my sets again I will beat you to within an inch of your life and toss you out into traffic!!!! He looked like he was about to cry!!! I calmed down and walked over and apologised profusely for my outburst and then calmly explained to him the state of play about training and focus. He never bothered me again though. Needless to say, that really is not the ideal way to deal with kling ons! Not when you own the gym!!:eek:

The Ipod is the best solution I have found. If he approaches you, scroll through your playlist, Pantera, scroll, Respect, push play, lookup, shake your head no and point at your ear. Problem solved.

Takers, I can't tolerate takers. Seems like everybody has somebody or a few that just want to suck you dry.

my story

heres my story

NOT MANY people here know about roids, heavy weights, training routines etc
I was not big guy, i was very small as compared to people here but i am young, very young so i started going to gym about 2 years ago
i wasnt adding much muscle to my body then i turned on JFL and i was lifting like animals, beasts. I WAS lifting heaviest dumble in gym in just 6 months and i built huge chest and other parts.
That heaviest dumble was only of 40kg :D

Now when i was working out before becoming a lil animal guys come to me and say dont lift heavy etc etc
i did nothing, no reply to them and after few months they saw me turned into lil beast and they came to ask what you using then i said im using ur mom's drink :D
They were'nt able to reply to me coz i've very angry looking face and they went away. Most people here just comment dont lift weights but i kept on doing that and after becoming a lil big no one even dares to ask you anything unless they know you personally

And for your story i think that old man is gay coz he only tell you his stories :D, i think you maybe cute assed :D

well

As a gym owner I am afraid I'm a walking target for people that will always want some of my time, but all my regulars and most walkins know that when I am on the floor training myself, stay the fuck away. I usually will give some very quick advice between exercises but for the most part they all respect my personal time on the floor. It is my down time, if you could call it that! I had on e member though that would do the whole stalking thing once. I was in the middle of squats (not the best time to bother me). I was just getting ready to get under the bar, had my psyche up, just nestled the bar into the traps, as I took the strain he pokes his head around the squat rack to look me in the eyes and that was it..........I'm afraid I lost it there...........I looked him in the eyes, mine were fucking bleeding by now and said........if you ever interrupt one of my sets again I will beat you to within an inch of your life and toss you out into traffic!!!! He looked like he was about to cry!!! I calmed down and walked over and apologised profusely for my outburst and then calmly explained to him the state of play about training and focus. He never bothered me again though. Needless to say, that really is not the ideal way to deal with kling ons! Not when you own the gym!!:eek:

that wasnt nice you did as gym owner, i think thats roid rage which came out

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity