over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you know you plateaued?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
this question is for beginners. I hope after we get a handful of responses JohnnySmiles, Maldorf, Tenny and the like will respond, however i'd like to hear beginners ideas and opinions first. I will eventually give my opinion. and tell you what I THINK can be done to break through a plateau.

I consider a plateau when I'm consitantly putting in the same ammount of work and intensity into training and I am no longer gaining any strength or muscle. Kind of spinning my wheels so to speak.:banghead:

I am quiet dumb but
in my opinion

1.Progressive lifting leads to muscle growth. The point at which you are not able to lift more than ur previous weeks lift is a plateau.

2.The food and hormones present at that point are inadequate to supercompensate (healing + growth) the damage (microtrauma) caused by weight training.

3.If u think that food provided for healing and growth is adequate and still muscle growth is not happening, then the problem is related to the efficiency of the muscle cell for amino acid uptake which is regulated by the hormonal staus of the person. So in this case he needs to improvise his hormonal status to increase the efficency of the muscle cell to uptake amino acids to produce contractile protien

Plateau;- Inability of the muscle to adapt to the stimulus induced by training due to any reason (food hormone or CNS) will lead to plateau.

adaptation :- is a protective mechanism of the muscle where the muscle tries to grow itself so that it can handle the same stimulus again.HOWEVER this adaptation has a limit to handle the stimulus, if one exceeds the limit adaptation will fail, so no muscle growth=plateau.

limit of adaptation depends upon
1. The amount of stimulus (Progressive Training)

2. The amount of building blocks availiable to the muscle cell to repair the muscle cell.(amino acid present around the damaged muscle cell)

3. The amount of workers availiable to uptake the building blocks and send it to the protien production factory.(hormones that regulate the uptake the aminoacids and send the aminoacids to produce contractile protien)

4. Quality of the protien prouction factory (Quality of the genetics which will determine how much contractile protien can a person produce at a time)

P.S This from my head, i have not copied from any book or any famous posts this is what i believe in, So please dont think other wise, or accuse me of being a copy cat

Dr.Intensity

Last edited:
Nicely put :yeahthat:

Plateaus in my life are usually a result of something I am doing wrong...

If I am slacking on diet or changing it up at the gym, thats when I get stagnant.

Usually, to break through the plateau, I just gotta pull my head out of my ass and get back to work!

Plateaus in my life are usually a result of something I am doing wrong...

If I am slacking on diet or changing it up at the gym, thats when I get stagnant.

Usually, to break through the plateau, I just gotta pull my head out of my ass and get back to work!

That's what I've always noticed. I can pretty much ALWAYS change one thing or another. I guess it just comes with the bodybuilding territory- always something new

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131