over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you perform skulls?

Seems like this one you get more rom for the long head. While floor you don't, (bar can't go back as far) but can probably handle more weight.

Doesn't Jeff reccomded them on the incline too? I know heavy hitter was able to link an old post from Paul Carter ig. He was doing standing skulls leaning on the incline (so you can extend over the head where if you sat the bench would get in way). Paul was using dumbbells though.

Almost like a dumbbell French press more than a skull though. I know the rippetoe extension you really let the bar go back over the head
I also like to target that angle using the cable machine and straight bar. Standing, back to cable, attached low

Check around the 3:00 mark

I don’t; it hurts my elbow. But when I did it was behind the head and pushed away from head; then superset with bar presses right away

I worked with Eric cressey briefly. He programmed mine on a decline bench. Not sure if this is just a variation or if it actually put less stress on the joint. I did feel less pressure on my elbows when I did it on a decline.

Decline bench with an ez curl bar. Preferably one that can be loaded with iron but the fat handled ready-ones get the job done and are most commonly available.

There is not a better way to effectively do them in my opinion.

I did both the rippetoe extension ( laying flat on bench) and it seemed like it's basically a pjr pullover but with a barbell vs dumbbell. Tried a set of skulls on floor but the rom is so much less. Thinking about continue to do them the rippetoe way but when I hit a sticking point move to the floor to keep progressing.

A blast from the past Gironda style. Easy on the tri's.

Attachments

• 7A1EDA30-2087-49A0-9584-B69D6C9E0C76.jpeg
    7A1EDA30-2087-49A0-9584-B69D6C9E0C76.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1F5DF0EB-D162-44F9-9A03-7E3AAE52EE8A.jpeg
    1F5DF0EB-D162-44F9-9A03-7E3AAE52EE8A.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 10
Tried that this morning. Much better with the straight bar. I think I enjoy these more than pull downs at the gym. Great tip thx.
Cool.

If done correctly, your triceps will be sore in places you never knew existed.

I bring the bar down just behind my head, the end of the bench and extend just shy of perpendicular to keep the tension on the triceps. I also keep the reps up around 20. Grip width suit yourself. Wider is better than close for me.

The man who showed me these years ago would do them standing, behind the neck. Then he would race over and do dips then elevated triceps push-ups. He had massive triceps, made me a believer.

Cool.

I bring the bar down just behind my head, the end of the bench and extend just shy of perpendicular to keep the tension on the triceps. I also keep the reps up around 20. Grip width suit yourself. Wider is better than close for me.

The man who showed me these years ago would do them standing, behind the neck. Then he would race over and do dips then elevated triceps push-ups. He had massive triceps, made me a believer.

Pretty cool. I noticed the new soreness. Big reason I skipped the gym and did these at home. I did them on my padded floor. I will try a bench and standing next. Excited.

Cool.

I'd guess standing though he couldn't go to failure as there was no way to get the bar if you get stuck? This is my issue with incline, I've been pushing to failure but if it gets stuck that could be bad. Flat you can just drop it. Dumbbells I don't feel the stability. I actually switched to the cable rope this week and I'm liking that version combined with the pjr pullover.

I'd guess standing though he couldn't go to failure as there was no way to get the bar if you get stuck? This is my issue with incline, I've been pushing to failure but if it gets stuck that could be bad. Flat you can just drop it. Dumbbells I don't feel the stability. I actually switched to the cable rope this week and I'm liking that version combined with the pjr pullover.
I like inclines too. Just switched over to them. (Not as easy to get stuck.) Be careful when adding weight and your starting weight. While it is possible to handle a reasonable amount of weight don’t expect to handle the same load you can with a ‘normal’ grip. Keep the reps up there.

Please report back. It is kinda an unconventional exercise but a good one in my opinion if for nothing less than it being easy on the elbows ( mine).

A good db exercise for the tri’s (thank you Vince) I posted a few days ago. Give it a go if you so desire.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131