advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you prevent PIP with quad injection?

I've always tried to inject ASAP after my leg workout if shooting the quads (and delts, for that matter). Muscle pumped full of blood...pump slowly goes away and the oil dissipates as a result. Injecting into a cold muscle allows the oil, and whatever else is in the oil, to stay in a smaller area, increasing the possibility of PIP and cellulitis.

Have you tried the ventrogluteal pins? They are very off-putting due to the location, but I've had good luck with them for 1ml or less.
Ventrogluteal inj always seemed like it would be difficult to perform on one's self.

I find pip is from....
1. GSO vs MCT. Maybe find some with mct whic is easy
2. Cold gear. Warm it up under warm water.
3. Injecting too fast. Inject super slow with pauses.
4. Warm the muscle up. Possibly inject post shower and slap the muscle a bunch of times.
5. 25g 5/8th I find quad is best
6. Roll the muscle out right after for 5min.

Just suggestions, don’t have to do all of them.
I’ve tried all the above except rolling out the quad post-injection. That’s a good idea! Thank you!

Reactions: XXL
So when you inject that same gear in other parts you don't get infections?
Correct! I use the same gear and it doesn’t give me problems in other body parts, only the quads. It’s strange!

The most upper/outer portion of the quad right next to your hip is a good place for many. Deep, thick muscle there, with much less nerve endings, etc. I do it sitting down and it's a very easy location.
I haven’t tried injecting that high on the outer thigh. I have a lot more body fat and less vascular in the upper area of the thigh. This might be the answer I’m looking for. Thank you so much!!!😊

Quads are just as easy as glutes for me. Easily my favorite place to pin. I dont have freaky quads but they arent small either. Its got to be your technique or your gear is not working for you.

I have the same problem with quad injections. They are brutal for me. My legs are very lean and seems like they are full of nerves and that I can’t miss a blood vessel. I’ve started going really high dead smack in the middle of the side. I don’t usually see much about people hitting that spot but I’m sure long time users have had to find any real estate available. I also do hip shots.
Interesting. So you’re injecting the needle from the outside of the upper thigh towards the inner thigh?

If follow this protocol I have always done just fine with quad shots. If I ever had issues of pip or dull pain it was because I were rushed.

- Massage the area generously after a hot shower.
-place my leg off of the edge of a chair bent at the knee so the quad muscle is relaxed.
-perform the injection with syringe at a straight 90 degree angle.
-do not dart the needle in. Perform the shot in a somewhat slow steady pace. Dave Palumbo speaks of the advantage of this on RXmuscle.

Regardless of which muscle or area, if pip occurs do not place heat (such as a heating pad) to the area as this can increase inflammation.
Dave Palumbo has a video out encouraging people not to do quad injections because the area has a high-risk of infection.

Interesting. So you’re injecting the needle from the outside of the upper thigh towards the inner thigh?
Exactly. High up like upper 1/3rd it just meatier and when I go lower I seem to hit nerves or vessels. I haven’t seen anyone mentioning that spot abd I don’t know why.

Don't Inject in your quads problem solved

Correct! I use the same gear and it doesn’t give me problems in other body parts, only the quads. It’s strange!
I feel you man. I’ve gotten to the point my right quad is fine but even 1ml in my left quad swells up, causes pip, etc. I have been solving it by doing water based injection in my left quad. I just pump 1-2ml l-car in the left quad a day and it seems to be getting better slowly but surely. I have only tried .5ml oil after doing this for a month and it seemed like it wasn’t so bad like it used to be. Maybe an idea for you, to get your quads “used to” injection without leaving an oil based depot around.

Dave Palumbo has a video out encouraging people not to do quad injections because the area has a high-risk of infection.

What exactly is the scientific theory or evidence behind this?

Trust me, if you are using prescription gear, as you stated, and you are getting repeated infections in the quad; than the problem is most likely you. Not trying to be a dick, just being honest. I'm not disputing that you may get a painful knot/welt; but that does not constitute an infection.

The most upper/outer portion of the quad right next to your hip is a good place for many. Deep, thick muscle there, with much less nerve endings, etc. I do it sitting down and it's a very easy location.
That’s where a go brother, great spot and painless.

Right where the bandaid is - left or right quad works for me almost every time

Attachments

• 765A2D73-4727-4733-A30F-99481364DD5C.jpeg
    765A2D73-4727-4733-A30F-99481364DD5C.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 69
What exactly is the scientific theory or evidence behind this?

Trust me, if you are using prescription gear, as you stated, and you are getting repeated infections in the quad; than the problem is most likely you. Not trying to be a dick, just being honest. I'm not disputing that you may get a painful knot/welt; but that does not constitute an infection.
Palumbo has repeatedly stated he's against quad injections due to the large amount of nerves in the quads, it has nothing to do with infection risk.

I guarantee headtrainer isn't getting infections repeatedly in his quads, he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does - as you said, he clearly doesn't realize that knots don't equate to an infection.

It's very rare that I address people directly but this is deserved, headtrainer has posted too much bad info in his time here.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws