advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you prevent PIP with quad injection?

Palumbo has repeatedly stated he's against quad injections due to the large amount of nerves in the quads, it has nothing to do with infection risk.

I guarantee headtrainer isn't getting infections repeatedly in his quads, he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does - as you said, he clearly doesn't realize that knots don't equate to an infection.

It's very rare that I address people directly but this is deserved, headtrainer has posted too much bad info in his time here.
Yes that is most likely what is happening and it’s why I don’t hit my quads unless it’s very high. If I hit the outer middle- I often clip a nerve with the oil and after I pull out I already know I’m gonna get a knot. You will know when you get an infection. Knots are common in this game but infections are rare.

UPDATE: Last night I did my first quad injection since about 5 years ago. I took everyone’s advice into consideration and implemented a holistic approach. 1) pumped blood into my quads with 1 high rep set of body weight squats. 2) sat in a chair with knees bent, 3) I injected in the utmost upper outer thigh as suggested by SlickNYC & it was painless & no knots popped up, 4) I massaged the area vigorously after injecting. IT WORKED!!!! No problems whatsoever. I have finally found what works for me. Thank you so much everyone. Now I can give my deltoids a needed break...😊

Palumbo has repeatedly stated he's against quad injections due to the large amount of nerves in the quads, it has nothing to do with infection risk.

I guarantee headtrainer isn't getting infections repeatedly in his quads, he just doesn't know as much as he thinks he does - as you said, he clearly doesn't realize that knots don't equate to an infection.

It's very rare that I address people directly but this is deserved, headtrainer has posted too much bad info in his time here.
You don’t understand. Every shot didn’t cause an infection but it did cause redness and a severe Charlie horse to the point I could barely walk for a week. I’ve done done a total of 5 quad injections and two of them turned into cellulitis. I had to be put on antibiotics by a physician. I did quad injection # 6 last night and am feeling fine. No PIO!!! I am convinced injecting higher on the outer thigh as suggested by SlickNYC is what made the difference. Hopefully, this thread will help others like myself who have had bad experiences with quad injections.

What did you inject ? 1ml test cyp from the pharmacy? Yesterday as well as the other 5 times?

You don’t understand. Every shot didn’t cause an infection but it did cause redness and a severe Charlie horse to the point I could barely walk for a week. I’ve done done a total of 5 quad injections and two of them turned into cellulitis. I had to be put on antibiotics by a physician. I did quad injection # 6 last night and am feeling fine. No PIO!!! I am convinced injecting higher on the outer thigh as suggested by SlickNYC is what made the difference. Hopefully, this thread will help others like myself who have had bad experiences with quad injections.

Hmm if you are using gear from the pharmacy and this has occurred with 2 different vials - it’s def not an issue with the gear. I have the same problem when I inject low on the front or outer lower to mid thigh and I believe for me it’s the nerves. Even the front higher up is uncomfortable. It’s like I can’t catch a break with the thighs unless I go on outside high. for me I think it’s ther nerves as my thighs aren’t as meaty as they should be lol. The cellulitis is what is concerning.

Hmm if you are using gear from the pharmacy and this has occurred with 2 different vials - it’s def not an issue with the gear. I have the same problem when I inject low on the front or outer lower to mid thigh and I believe for me it’s the nerves. Even the front higher up is uncomfortable. It’s like I can’t catch a break with the thighs unless I go on outside high. for me I think it’s ther nerves as my thighs aren’t as meaty as they should be lol. The cellulitis is what is concerning.
The outside high injection into the right quad I did last night worked. It’s the first time I haven’t been limping around the next day with my leg all red and achey. The PIP is so minor it’s not even worth discussing. In fact, I’m going to train quads today.💪 I don’t know if it’s because there’s less nerves in the upper thigh, there’s more body fat in the upper thigh, or what. Either way, you’re onto something because I’m doing great and I’m not getting an infection. That’s what’s great about this board. Regardless of how much experience & knowledge we have, there’s always something that can be learned by others!

Man do I wish I would've seen this thread yesterday... Did my first quad pin and holy jesus am I sore today. I'm only on my second cycle, and my first one was only glute shots so never had anything like this pop up. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked when I stepped out of bed this morning. But hey, live and learn I guess.

Stop injecting quads?

Mine seemingly became finicky, too. They used to be my favorite site, then, over time, it seemed I couldn't pin without some type of reaction.

Man do I wish I would've seen this thread yesterday... Did my first quad pin and holy jesus am I sore today. I'm only on my second cycle, and my first one was only glute shots so never had anything like this pop up. Needless to say, I was a bit shocked when I stepped out of bed this morning. But hey, live and learn I guess.
My first few quad injections hurt like hell also for close to week - after like maybe 4 injections in each quad it literally never hurts anymore for the most part

Iv been doing 3,3ml quad shots every week with zero problems. None whatsoever. Upper middle quad. Warm the oil, Inject super slow,5/8 25 gauge. And Oh ya. Using good quality gear is very important. Tons of harsh trash gear out there guys I can attest to that.super High dose gear almost always has a bite to it or it’s not that 400mg they claimed

The best thing i have done for any injection site is to vary the needle length. i beleive the largest amount of scar tissue is where the tip of the needle is when its moving around while pressing the plunger. I know when i hit a bit of scar tissue as its like pushing a needle through cardboard(noise wise) and when you inject its really hard to push in. Needle length help with this now it barely happens. 23-27g 5/8 to 1.5"

Iv been doing 3,3ml quad shots every week with zero problems. None whatsoever. Upper middle quad. Warm the oil, Inject super slow,5/8 25 gauge. And Oh ya. Using good quality gear is very important. Tons of harsh trash gear out there guys I can attest to that.super High dose gear almost always has a bite to it or it’s not that 400mg they claimed
3 ml with the 5/8 pin in quad? Damn I only go 3ml in gluteus lol. Where exactly? Front outer quad - upper middle

It's very rare that I address people directly but this is deserved, headtrainer has posted too much bad info in his time
About 12 years ago I was pinning a ton and decided to throw in quad injections..maybe once every 10 days each side of course. I had such bad infections I am literally missing that area out of both sides of my quads. So there may be something to that. I never had to drain an area due to infection and I’ve filled up 2-3 60 ml syringes of pure puss in the quads. I personally won’t shoot anything in the quads again.

I always just flexed a bit to puff up the quads, sterilized the vial and whatever nice meaty site I chose that time, and went in slow and steady running 23ga 1" pokey bois. Used a prep pad for pressure after finishing until any leakage stopped and called it a day. Are you being sure to sterilize the stopper as well as the site? I've seen a couple people forget that it's just as important as the site itself and get a couple minor infections.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131