over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do YOU stay motivated?

ryanmercer

Registered
Having difficulty getting motivated to hit the gym this evening, so how do you stay motivated?

I train by myself in my basement gym. I use little mind games to create mini competitions with myself.

Also, if it's one bad session I wouldn't sweat it. If it's a few in a row maybe you need a short break, either mentally or physically.

I look in the mirror

regular one week layoffs. try taking a week off every 12 weeks.

regular one week layoffs. try taking a week off every 12 weeks.

I think this is a big KEY to success...proper (full) recovery...I often intend to do this but look in the mirror and think I am getting soft/small and go back after about 3 days off...and with joint aches lately now nearing mid 30s I think I can't get away with it.

Odd - I was just thinking at the gym to start a thread about this very subject. I am no longer a competitor but still enjoy training (mainly when joints don't fight me lol). I train alone most times and was curious what kept everyone else going. People that don't compete but train just to look/feel good...I imagine many do it to attract the opposite sex...

But what about us that are in a long term relationship and are done competing? Personally, I do it for MYSELF. To stay stronger than average Joe. To be leaner and bigger. To feel comfortable in my own skin.

In order to keep motivated to go into the gym I do have to change my workouts often, change music on my mp3, change the products I am on and my diet to see results (season dependent really...leaner in summer, bigger and stronger in winter as is common with bodybuilders even though I don't want to be on a stage again). Without progress in some direction and new supplements to see an effect (better bump, strength, etc) I think I would get bored quick. And now that I am not as extreme with what I take and going from a swollen 250 lbs in winter to 210 lbs shredded to compete in summer...I will most likely stay between 220 and 230 year round.

Goals and targets..

I wkout with guys bigger and stronger. So that keeps me going to catch up.

All I have to do is look at guys my age (68) and that enough to motivate anyone.:D

Doesn't work for me, I just see a lard ass that depresses me. Haha

Just a matter of perspective buddy. You see where your at currently and know thats not where you want to be. Turn that into a postive motivator and start doing something about it.

I know most wont agree but I think mirrors lie. It's so hard to see small gradual changes over time and its also possible see and think things are better or worse then they really are.

I like to keep a log of my progress, not just weight but also measurements and body fat. We all go through periods of thinking progress isnt being made but reviewing my records points me to actual numbers and shows how much Ive changed in the last couple years. But of course this is me, the key is finding what works for you.

I jus see the 50lb overweight lard ass that I am. Slowly getting better and get plenty of compliments but some days its just hard.

These beautiful boards help, along with watching my strength just constantly shoot up. nothing feels better than that....

I'm constantly hooking up with younger guys that either have been in the game for while , so I have to keep up my training to keep up with them, or the other kids that are just starting out and I can use my knowledge and experience to help them. In other words surround yourself with motivated people. Motivation is contagious. By the way I am 47, been training for nearly 30 years, and still love it. Also change things up, look for better more challenging programs. God bless you. Minister.

I thunk my biggest issue is I'm 40-50lbs overweight and I've got friends like this

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity