over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do YOU stay motivated?

That's a very achievable look for anyone...if you become educated on the proper diet, resistance program and cardio its not a matter if you can or not....its a choice ....yes I will do the things I need to do in order to get in shape or no...even though i know what to do...i let life get in my way
its never convenient. Its never easy. That's why most people are not in shape...that...and a lack of education on how to get in shape. What some people do at the gym amazes me. ...nobody can want it for you..
.nobody will spoon feed the info to you (for free) hire someone like Phil or Alex or anyone. Pay them. Do what they say. You will look better than your friend if you choose to. Could take months...maybe a year.

once in a while I go to bars where all the hotties hang out and that keeps me motivated to work out. even though with two torn rotators I should not be lifting heavy. but what are you gonna do?

plang

is that recent pic in your avatar,

looking huge bro, I mean seriously huge. kudos

regular one week layoffs. try taking a week off every 12 weeks.

Damn, this is what I do. You must be a mind reader. One week off and I am ready to hit the gym.

That's a very achievable look for anyone...if you become educated on the proper diet, resistance program and cardio its not a matter if you can or not....its a choice ....yes I will do the things I need to do in order to get in shape or no...even though i know what to do...i let life get in my way
its never convenient. Its never easy. That's why most people are not in shape...that...and a lack of education on how to get in shape. What some people do at the gym amazes me. ...nobody can want it for you..
.nobody will spoon feed the info to you (for free) hire someone like Phil or Alex or anyone. Pay them. Do what they say. You will look better than your friend if you choose to. Could take months...maybe a year.

what does that guy really have from that one pic? ABs? How about you do exactly what plang says and you WILL get there at some point. Don't ever judge/compare yourself to others because that will cause failure, just keep chuggin along.

I think love for this game is just something you have or you dont. Coming to the boards like here at PM keeps me informed and motivated.

Yeah I agree with this also - either you love it and it's a part of you...or it's not. A lot of what keeps me going is just the love of that post workout feeling, how weights feel, a great pump, progress no matter how small...
Setting a goal and changing my setup to pursue it, summer time wanting to be single digit bodyfat and retain as much size as I can...winter time setting a goal of getting strength back up and size/thickness increase in an area or two...then lean it down again. Keeps it entertaining.

I think back to when i had a 40+ inch waist and how shit i felt about it. Im about 32.5 now and dieting the last few inches off as we speak. Then hit the gear at 8% and explode(hopfully)

what does that guy really have from that one pic? ABs? How about you do exactly what plang says and you WILL get there at some point. Don't ever judge/compare yourself to others because that will cause failure, just keep chuggin along.

Heh very low bodyfat, can do my weight on about any move, etc haha

I think love for this game is just something you have or you dont.
Shit I can say that after yrs I can't stand it, better yet I hate it. But I still go out to my weightroom and train so I can look fair to those Mexican whores in TJ. WTF am I talking about, they could care less what I look like as long as I have some "Dinero para gastar en ellos", money to spend on them~!

Shit I can say that after yrs I can't stand it, better yet I hate it. But I still go out to my weightroom and train so I can look fair to those Mexican whores in TJ. WTF am I talking about, they could care less what I look like as long as I have some "Dinero para gastar en ellos", money to spend on them~!

I literally laughed out loud. :)

How to get motivation....go to Walmart and look at 80% of the population... That sends me running to workout!

How to get motivation....go to Walmart and look at 80% of the population... That sends me running to workout!

Oh man you don't even know... saw this one last night... I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares.

I never have a hard time getting motivated. There are days when the food is so low that engery is lacking, but as soon I start to w/o its all good. If you are not motivated to train and you are trying to compete then you are in the wrong sport. If you dont compete and are not motivated that can be understandable. Just switch your w/o's up. Try training w/a diff person a couple days a wk, go to a diff gym, change your routine, keep it fresh so you do not get board...

I guess we shouldn't be conceited about the way we look and put others down, but you are absolutely right, I am pushing 50 and even when we take family's vacations to a beach or water park, it is hard to find fit men , I am not talking a skinny guy , I mean a guy with a developed physique. I work hard on mine , my wife and kids love it, my friends get motivated, and that keeps me going. God bless you friend. Minister.

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. ~John Dewey

One thing that keeps me going every day is a goal I set small goals for myself and Then there is that one ultimate goal... If I don't feel like going to the gym say because I'm feeling like shit or tired or my diet is kicking my ass I say to myself your a fucking pussy lets go get this shit done. When I have 400 pounds on my back squatting for twenty reps the harder it gets the harder I push. Its all about what you got on the inside something that you cant ask other people about and expect to find. One must look into there soul and ask if this is what they really want and the only answer I ever get back is Fucking right I want it. Its called heart you either have it or don't.

Think about how crappy it is to start over after a layoff trying to catch my breath and struggling with weights I used to warm up with. It's annoying to be that guy - "I used to be able to do that". Reality check: nobody cares what you used to be able to do. Everybody was a superhero back in the day and nobody believes those guys.

It's also funny to be a skinny fat guy who trains hard, some douchebags snicker when you train hard but don't look like anything. Gradually the comments stop as muscle memory kicks in. After a while people start giving you more space/respect.

Not that it's necessary but the whole thing really makes you think - the difference in how people treat you. Doesn't exactly reaffirm my faith in humanity.

But seriously I don't want to go back to being out of shape, it's too hard to keep doing that. Easier just to keep going.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear