advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you think this physique would fair today?

How would Mohamed Makkawy do today?

• Total voters

tri-terror

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is Mohamed Makkawy, he was trained by Vince Gironda and placed second in the 83 and 84 Olympias. Obviously size is not on his side compared to the open division today.

BUT I'm curious if a physique like this could still turn pro? I certainly think so, I'm just curious what you all think? Could it win the USA's or Nats? If so how far do you think a physique like this could go in the pros?

Forgive me, I know this is kind of off topic but I'm at work and a little bored ATM. I re reading everything I have on Vince and came across this pic again.

Attachments

• makkaway-vince-training.jpg
    makkaway-vince-training.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 828
hmmm...

Now days he would have to lose weight and go physique, or get bigger for bodybuilding. Kinda a shame...

One of the best physiques and greatest poser in History. I will take that over any of these Pros now a days.

Now days he would have to lose weight and go physique, or get bigger for bodybuilding. Kinda a shame...

I wonder how much size he would have to put on? Probably enough to ruin his lines... Biggest thing that stands out are his legs. Great detail and separation, but like most "classic" BBers small by comparison to today's guys. His waist and ass would most assuredly get bigger too then.

Although, for a time, Cutler had a pretty good waistline like circa 2004

He looks infinitely better than everyone at today's USA's or Nats, that's for sure... :)

Would he win? That's another story. :(

I very much prefer the physiques of his, Frank Zane and Serge Nubret. Sadly they would be hard pressed to place in the top ten at only a national level. None of them would be pro caliber today.

You really don't think he could even win at Nats? He did have some size, and was shredded.
It would be kind of interesting to see him standing next to Sadik. I think he has a great physique.

There Isnt a doubt in mine, a physique like his could turn pro.. Easily!

Considering some of the guys we see getting pro cards today he wouldn't have to gain to much size to get one

Posing

Another thing about Makkawy was his posing. The one thing i REALLY miss from the old days is the posing. Noting the picture above, the way he's able to express his lines is fantastic. Maybe it also has to do with the physiques being more linear.

What were his legit stats? I did a quick google search and saw ranges from 5-2 to 5-9 and 160 to 190.

Pro or not, that is one badass shoulder to waist ratio....

What were his legit stats? I did a quick google search and saw ranges from 5-2 to 5-9 and 160 to 190.

Pro or not, that is one badass shoulder to waist ratio....

Believe its 5 4' 180-190.

Onion thin skin, very nice physique, very pleasant on the eyes.

He would do good in the WBB or whatever it is. That muscle model thing....those guys are usually bigger than physique guys.
This is my preferred physique...I hope to see bodybuilding go in this direction in the future . Just my .02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wonder how much size he would have to put on? Probably enough to ruin his lines... Biggest thing that stands out are his legs. Great detail and separation, but like most "classic" BBers small by comparison to today's guys. His waist and ass would most assuredly get bigger too then.

Although, for a time, Cutler had a pretty good waistline like circa 2004

I don't think he would go the mass monster cutler route. I would guess he would muscle up to something like dexter Jackson and keep the asthetic look as much as possible.

Hey the guy looks great. He would poke around and get a card when the right guys didn't show.

Put him next to Shawn Ray and that will show you how the sport moves forward.

CG

This is Mohamed Makkawy, he was trained by Vince Gironda and placed second in the 83 and 84 Olympias. Obviously size is not on his side compared to the open division today.

BUT I'm curious if a physique like this could still turn pro? I certainly think so, I'm just curious what you all think? Could it win the USA's or Nats? If so how far do you think a physique like this could go in the pros?

Forgive me, I know this is kind of off topic but I'm at work and a little bored ATM. I re reading everything I have on Vince and came across this pic again.

I prefer this look. He looks like a WBFF pro. This is a very aesthetically pleasing physique, and attainable without having to kill yourself with tons of drugs.

With those genetics he could do whatever the hell he wanted. It simply depends on the drugs he takes.

Hey the guy looks great. He would poke around and get a card when the right guys didn't show.

Put him next to Shawn Ray and that will show you how the sport moves forward.

CG

I think I get what you are saying... Shawn Ray has that same kind of look but maybe more size right?

I prefer this look. He looks like a WBFF pro. This is a very aesthetically pleasing physique, and attainable without having to kill yourself with tons of drugs.

Yes exactly! It's the kind of look most of us would want for ourselves and you don't have to give yourself cardiomyopathy to do it.

With those genetics he could do whatever the hell he wanted. It simply depends on the drugs he takes.

No doubt he could(have). BUT, that's not really the point is it?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws