over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you train your abs?

NOBODY trains their abs, dude.

But if I gotta state the obvious: intense, dominant, vigorous, pounding, dead-serious sex will give you the abs women will recognize and understand for their purpose and function.

Other than that, diet like you (oughta) fuck: hard and serious.

...fuckin' gotta 'splain everything these days.

LMAO , I can tell my you god like mass and peeled to the bone conditioning that your opinion demands respect.:rolleyes:

I've always done cable crunches , hanging leg raises and side crunches , generally 15-20 reps , 2 sets of each 3x a week , my abs are flat and hard when dieted down but they dont have the deep lines like a lot of people do , I'm guessing that a lot of it is genetics..

I have incorporated vacuum poses to the ab regiment this last week and it makes forna wierd ass soreness

usually warm up with some basic crunches ~200-300 of straight leg crunches, legs @ 90 degrees, side crunches, v-ups then I'll do a few min of planks and focus on keeping everything flexed from my abs to back to rib cage. I will also use a ab roller. That wrecks my abs the most.

I wouldn't say abs are built in the kitchen. Abs and hyper-extensions shouldn't be neglected. Train them like every other body part. They are muscles, core muscles, not good to have a weak link in the center of your body.

I would do roman chair leg raises
and planks
I excruciating set of each. that's it.
-JS

I train them 3 days a week pre contest. before my work outs. crunches, leg lifts, side crunches, every once in a while ill do roman chair leg lifts. 20-25 reps 3 sets short rest periods.

I like GHD Situps. And by like, I mean the emotion you have when you love the results something gives you, but loathe, detest, and fear the thing itself...;)

2-3 hard sets 2-3 times/week. Sometime I might do hanging leg raises for variety, but nothing else ever gave me results like the GHDs.

I squat and deadlift heavy.

For years, I wasted time crunching this and that and it didn't do dick except pass the time.

Alright let me rephrase myself... Abs are exposed from they way we prepare our nutrition in the kitchen. If you are lean you will show abs right? Yes if you are preparing for a show you need to work your abs to have them shredded and thick instead of skinny abs. I work them but not with sit-ups and things that are hard on my back. I work them by flexing them with other movements. I have not done sit ups or leg raises or anything like that in years though

training abs is for pussies, i only use this:

**broken link removed**

:p

i use an inversion table... hang completely upside down and let gravity provide the resistance.. been doing this for years.. its super easy and very effective..

i do them while on the stepper allot. I will go on the stepper for an hour and every 5 mins i do a 1 min set being my knees up and crunching in. Works pretty good for me, other then that just regular sit ups due to military prt. Sit ups are my worst i swear it feels like i have a sand bag on my chest when doing them.

I like to do leg raises and cycle the machines though at times too, but honestly i have no dedicated ab routine except utilizing my core in most my lifts. I am happy with my abs though, but going to start hitting them a bit more..

a few really hard sets of crunches almost everyday(except leg day which my ass is going straight home lol) ... I think your abs get alott of work w weight training.... I use to do rediculous amount of core training... I do believe it helped in terms of being athletic, but not so much in a "look"... I don't really notice a difference in the look...

You can only develop your abs so much. And in my opinion genetics play the biggest factor in just how much.

Look at the pros for instance. Take a picture of them as an amateur and put it next to a picture of them as a pro. Their legs are bigger, their arms are bigger, their shoulders are bigger, their chest and back are thicker and even though they may be leaner as a pro than they were as an amateur their abs don't really change too drastically.

The valleys can only get so deep. The raviolis can only get so thick. And I'd be willing to bet that 80% of that deepness and thickness were god given.

Core training is definitely a good thing though.

NOBODY trains their abs, dude.

But if I gotta state the obvious: intense, dominant, vigorous, pounding, dead-serious sex will give you the abs women will recognize and understand for their purpose and function.

Other than that, diet like you (oughta) fuck: hard and serious.

...fuckin' gotta 'splain everything these days.

There is some truth to this lol...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members