advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do YOU train your worst bodypart for growth?

There is "less" and then there is "not enough"! :p

The key, as always, is to find what works the best FOR YOU. But you're right, if your goal is to put on muscle, the more recovery time between workouts, the more chances for growth to occur, even more for a strong bodypart.

You've got to set a intelligent split that allows enough time for both your muscles and CNS to restore.

What I've found to work quite good to put on size is the classic 1 day training / 1 day resting, with kcals a little lower on the rest days to avoid gaining bf.

Sometimes though you also need to make some changes and train more often just to shock the muscles and force them to adapt.

See what works the best for ya, but always keep an eye on overtraining... you can eat tons of food and take all u want, if you're drained you won't make any noticeable progresses :)

Phidias,

is your training like this ?

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3832&highlight=story

Thanks for the link, KTT. Good read... and indeed I feel quite close to this European athlete ;)

he trains 3 to 4 days a week and groups his bodyparts by upper and lower. he believes that you can not ever isolate any muscle group so why bother to try. so why not give the whole upper body a chance to recup rather than constantly tearing it down??he also believes in very low volume and believes in alternating between muscle groups.

Training the whole upper or lower body in one session for a few sets per muscle is something I often do too
Can look like this: one pull-ups set for back then incline presses for chest followed by side raises for shoulders.
Repeat once or twice then pick up 3 other exercices (rows, flyes, military presses for example), starting with the heaviest weight you can cause you're already "warmed up" by the previous exercices.
1 or 2 sets each movment and you should be fine for the day.
Repeat later in the week once you're fully recovered.

he believes the biggest mistake in bodybuilding is watching the pros train. loose form and choppy reps are not his style

I concur!

when i asked how the pros can rtespond to the higher volume he said " look , you can bring up many pros who seemingly respond to high volume..again they are very gifted..most of us are not that gifted..plus the sooner i am out of the gym the sooner i can eat. that is where the growing happens"

Right on the money again!

he also believes , for example, that if you can not stop the weight in the contracted position it is much to heavy..i.e. side lateral and rows.

Absolutely... poor form and no control on the lift = too heavy = stress put on ur joints rather than on your muscles :rolleyes:

he stated that we do not rest long enough between sets. he said one of the reasons he alternates bodyparts the way he does is so that the other bodypart can rest. he stated that we ignore the fact that the "nerves that fire the muscle" need to take a longer rest to give them full power

I could have written that article! :eek:

RONNIE COLEMAN- "alien"

:D

There is "less" and then there is "not enough"! :p

The key, as always, is to find what works the best FOR YOU. But you're right, if your goal is to put on muscle, the more recovery time between workouts, the more chances for growth to occur, even more for a strong bodypart.

You've got to set a intelligent split that allows enough time for both your muscles and CNS to restore.

What I've found to work quite good to put on size is the classic 1 day training / 1 day resting, with kcals a little lower on the rest days to avoid gaining bf.

Sometimes though you also need to make some changes and train more often just to shock the muscles and force them to adapt.

See what works the best for ya, but always keep an eye on overtraining... you can eat tons of food and take all u want, if you're drained you won't make any noticeable progresses :)

Good answer there.
Liked Phils too.
How many here have trouble "feeling" their weak bodypart???
I see many posts on the web over the years of guys with weak backs or chest saying "they don't feel" the weak bodypart as well as their good ones.
Me too
duh.
For me my weakest area was always biceps, relatively short and flat they lacked peak but had good size and thickness without outstanding shape.
I always had a problem "feeling" biceps even when going strict and isolate-which led to problems like (tendon pain in the lower bi's) it took me a long time to warm up it seemed.
After about 10 years of trying every method in the book from negatives to partials to volume to low sets to isolation...I made my greatest gains by training them less. Now with biceps and triceps you can get by with this because they take a beating on back and chest and shoulders.
What I did was reverse my grip on rows and chins and pulldowns and just would do a couple of slow strict sets of preacher curls and stretch the bis and bit and they grew like weeds over previous gains, they still weren't my best body part but they grew substantially over the past methods of training them stirct, often, heavy and direct with volume over time.

No more HIT ?

It been 2 years since i started with Victor that i quit HIT, i still love it but i have to fallow my orders and learn and fallow his new techniques.

inject the shit out of it with synthol

ROFL

Tell you what.. you buy the synthol and .....

seriously tho.. im no where big enough to need that.. I just gotta figure out the 'trick' that unlocks my understanding on how to properly train my laggin parts for growth.

I've been thinking on this and I wonder how much truth there is to "good muscles are good because there is an intuitive 'mind-muscle' connection. and lagging bodyparts are simply caused by not having such an easy time forcing the target muscles isolation while doing the reps"

not counting genetics ofc which would always be a limiting factor (as far as asthetics anyway)

Great thread so far.

It seems like those who have had lagging bodyparts were either:
1. Overtraining it
2. Not "feeling" it (bad min-muscle connection)

I can't say this was ever the case for me. My only "lagging" bodypart (chest) grew pretty well once it got much stronger. This might not qualify for a lagging bodypart though.

ROFL

Tell you what.. you buy the synthol and .....

seriously tho.. im no where big enough to need that.. I just gotta figure out the 'trick' that unlocks my understanding on how to properly train my laggin parts for growth.

I've been thinking on this and I wonder how much truth there is to "good muscles are good because there is an intuitive 'mind-muscle' connection. and lagging bodyparts are simply caused by not having such an easy time forcing the target muscles isolation while doing the reps"

not counting genetics ofc which would always be a limiting factor (as far as asthetics anyway)
SUP, you are on the right track about the mind muscle connection. If you can't Innervate the muscle you are training you cannot possibly train it properly or to it's potetial. Try this. Pick a body part, any body part. Then really concetrate and focus your energy to that part. Try to flex it without moving the actual part. Try to connect with the muscle and make it contract, without moving or without resistance. Once you can do this you are more than half way there ot putting the connection in place for lifting. It is also how to practice for good posing, once you can move individual muscles by thinking about them then you can train them with more feeling and better contraction. Let's take rear delts for example. Can you do rear delt flys/bentover laterals without contracting your shoulder blades? If yes then you are training them properly, if you squeeze your scapulae together then you are using lats and rhomboids to move the weight, all it takes is some concentration and feel! Apply this to other parts and you will get the picture.

For me the key is learn how to stretch it properly and make inhumanly extreme stretches consistently

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131