over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOW DO YOU..........

oldfella

Board Supporter / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Board Supporter
bring up a lagging bodypart?

In conjunction with the thread about backs. let's throw this out there to see what kind of responses we get. SO you have been told by some very credible people that your legs need to be brought up, or your back needs more thickness, or your chest is a weak part for you.

What do you/can you do to change this and how would you go about it? You already know how to diet and we are not talking about syntherol as answer! SO let it rip guys. How do you fix the problem?

i think its a genetic thing oldfella

i've been training for 18 years
15 seriously and you play the cards that youre delt

so at an advanced level.....i dont think there is much you
can do, just try different shit, go against the grain
and maybe you'll get lucky

we cant change our muscle structure

:(

Never give up! Learn to expose your weaknesses at the gym and cover up your strengths so you get the focus put on the your lagging muscle (Ex. I make sure I see my legs when I train them because I want them to grow...back is another issue I just put my mind/muscle eyes on my back movements). I like to make sure I am aware of my laggers because if I do not I just tend to focus on my strengths.

Training wise: Progress with load, find ways to cause focused tension on the muscle part (put your mind into so to speak), and hit it from all cylinders! Make the mother F'er contract like no other. Train to make your lagging muscle part to work even harder for each and every rep (ex. Rest/Pause sets seem to work very well, get specific with your progressive sets, or ask some great minds from this board for some ideas)! I know not specific because the bottom line is to go after it like you first started training, 100% focused and fired up to put all your firing fibers into the movements!

Lastly, be excited about training your weaker bodyparts. I act like it is a test - PASS or FAIL! My goal is to pass the test by making the lagging muscle group fail with regards to the muscle hitting the wall! You may or may not succeed, but at least you gave it an all out effort...and do not get me wrong the goal is to freaking succeed!!

i think its a genetic thing oldfella

i've been training for 18 years
15 seriously and you play the cards that youre delt

so at an advanced level.....i dont think there is much you
can do, just try different shit, go against the grain
and maybe you'll get lucky

we cant change our muscle structure

:(

And then there is that whole genetic given muscle structure thing:(

I will stand by this your weaknesses will always follow your strengths kind of a given, however there is always room to improve your weaknesses and try to make them flow somewhat with your structure - perfection is near damn impossible from head to toe!

Confront your weak areas head on! be willing to change things up and take a new approach..

Prioritizing your training so you can address your weak areas and be willing to push beyond pain to bring up whats lagging...

good question, i think sometimes you got to let go of your old ways and old way of thinking! example my legs needed to come up especially hamstring, now my philosophy has always been keep plugging away, get stronger and that bodypart will grow and by all means don't overtrain trying to make up for a lagging bodypart...... then in comes john meadows and says hey brad i am going to be sending you some crazy leg workouts and i want you to do them, well i put my faith in him and just done it, first off it was WAAAAAYYY more volume than i was use to doing and second off i was hitting hamstrings twice a week wich at first i thought was insane especially doing the second hamstring training day with back, but i did it and man o man my legs have def. changed for the better, honestly i would have never ever gone that route with my leg training and like i said above you sometimes just gotta let go or your trained way of thinking. and for everyones info i did a heavy back day and a lighter back day to coinside with my hamstring training, the week i did not do deadlifts and brutal heavy back training i did very intense hamstring work and on the heavyier back days i did a lil lighter hamstring work.

O yea and john has me hitting my quads and hamstrings from every single angle possible! damn he's such a smart guy :)

Confront your weak areas head on! be willing to change things up and take a new approach..
Prioritizing your training so you can address your weak areas and be willing to push beyond pain to bring up whats lagging...
damn alex you posted before i did and i didn't read your response yet, but stated in bold is sooooooooooooooooo true! good post bro.

bring up a lagging bodypart?

In conjunction with the thread about backs. let's throw this out there to see what kind of responses we get. SO you have been told by some very credible people that your legs need to be brought up, or your back needs more thickness, or your chest is a weak part for you.

What do you/can you do to change this and how would you go about it? You already know how to diet and we are not talking about syntherol as answer! SO let it rip guys. How do you fix the problem?
damn oldtimer your on a roll with the threads today bro! glad to have you back posting dale! great threads, i was getting so fucking tired of reading is this dbol the best or how do i take tren or bla bla bla bla bla bla, damn i missed you man {wipes tears from eyes} :D

Depends on why in might be lagging. First reevaluate your training routine. Have strength gains stopped

If its lagging from over training back off little and see if it grows

Maybe person is not lifting hard or heavy enough, hit some heavier weight on compound exercises and keep track documented progress with weight

Maybe focus on that muscle and prioritize it

Shake things up such as change exercises and or order

Try controlled over training were you blast the muscle for a few weeks hard then take little time off and go back to regular routine.

Use additional different techniques to exhaust the muscle pre-exhaustion method rest pause, drops sets, change reps schemes

Try couple pump sets after heavier work then really stretch the muscle and or also try flexing posing the muscle for increase period of time and more stretching

Try visualization techniques along with workouts.

Try see someone about fascia stretching such as a Rolfer.

Evaluate is there an injury such as a pinched nerve preventing arm growth or other muscle imbalances

I dont know if I am right or wrong, but some people can lift heavy ass weights and not squeezing the muscles. Could possibly make some body part lagging by not training properly. Any thoughts on that?

damn alex you posted before i did and i didn't read your response yet, but stated in bold is sooooooooooooooooo true! good post bro.

Hey Brad,
I know were on the same page in that ....

We have to get out of our comfort zone and change things up and confront our weaknesses head on..

We all have weaknesses as bodybuilders and as humans in general..

Being self critical can be a good thing.. And reaching out to others and implementing our plan diligently is what we should do to improve.
Bodybuilders are some of the most critical human beings..but its our passion...

Thats how we grow and improve as bodybuilders and fathers, husbands, brothers and friends..
I dont think if we looked perfect we would even workout, would we?

Last edited:
I can tell you my biceps would never grow past 17' even at 240 no matter what I tried until I was able to stretch the fascia.

I was going to say the same thing about yours..

I know were on the same page in that ....

We have to get out of our comfort zone and change things up and confront our weaknesses head on..

We all have weaknesses as bodybuilders and as humans in general..

Being self critical can be a good thing.. And reaching out to others and implementing our plan diligently is what we should do to improve.
Bodybuilders are some of the most critical human beings..but its our passion and..

Thats how we grow and improve as bodybuilders and fathers, husbands, brothers and friends..
I dont think if we looked perfect we would even workout, would we?

Damn I just notice you guys posted some things I mentioned right before I did. GOOD STUFF

I dont know if I am right or wrong, but some people can lift heavy ass weights and not squeezing the muscles. Could possibly make some body part lagging by not training properly. Any thoughts on that?

Going along with this idea I think that line of thinking where people lift heavy weights and aren't "squeezing" the muscles lands more towards strength sports or it could lead down the road of people not being more in tuned with their bodies. Strength based athletes are concerned about conditioning and getting the weight from point A to point B. The idea of squeezing the muscle is a primarily bodybuilding related idea imo. The bodybuilder works more of the muscle to develop it for size, shape, and conditioning of the muscle (of course shape we can't really account for unless we'd want to change our genetics... which that's a little tough without a delorean that can reach 88mph and 1.21 gigawatts needed to roll back in time and get mommy and daddy to have better genes themselves... or at least not drink so much in some cases :rolleyes: ). The other end of the spectrum are just dudes who go in the gym and want to lift weight, but throw it around and don't "feel" the muscle contracting, or "squeezing" as some people put it. They haven't learned their bodies enough to really develop that mind muscle connection needed to develop the muscle. Hence the lagging bodyparts they may have.

Just talking from looking from the outside in of course. Different people may train differently and develop differently. Just a theory :p

damn oldtimer your on a roll with the threads today bro! glad to have you back posting dale! great threads, i was getting so fucking tired of reading is this dbol the best or how do i take tren or bla bla bla bla bla bla, damn i missed you man {wipes tears from eyes} :D
I har ya big Brad....I too was getting tired of all the drugs only questions and wanted to throw some things out here to make some bro's think a bit. I was browsing some members pics and the same thing kept glaring at me with a big bunch of them. Weak backs lacking sweep and thickness. Some outstanding physiques just lacking in that WOW factor. Hence the threads. We all need to step back and take stock in what we are doing and where we are heading with all this sometime. SOme great info to be shared and I will of course add my two pennies in to this as well. But I want to get it rolling so that some of the up and comers....and us old bastards can gain more knowledge. It is all about helping each other out. We have a hard enough time as it is. Thank you Brad, I'll get the box of tissues out next time bro!!! LOL

another factor i think is progression, and that can be progession in strength, reps, intensity, ect. ect. sometimes you need to implement all forms of progression on lagging bodyparts to get them to new growth levels, example for me would be i was always big on progession through strength on legs, and it built me some thick legs but it wasn't until john made me implement progression through intensity and reps, and volume that my legs reached new growth levels. so sometimes it takes progression in many forms for some bodyparts to respond better.

AS Alex and others have said, it is about being willing to change certain aspects of the way you do things or as Phil would say "open your mind up to a different way of thinking". Sometimes it is as simple as trying something crazy in your training. Many pros have said they will forget about their strong parts and spend a whole year focusing on just what they need to bring up. It could be less volume, or more volume. It might be less rest between sets or more rest time out of the gym for that body part. The fact is you must be willing and "open" to change! It is only through change you will see the reuslts you need. It is obvious that what you are currently doing is not working very well........if it was then you would not have a weak body part now...would you? Just think "bigger picture" and open your mind up to a different approach..........then you will have success!!

YO DALE!

HELL, I COULD GET RIPPED FOR THIS BY EVERYONE BUT I DON'T CARE(PLUS i'D BAN EM LOL). I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHO'S OUT THERE OTHER THAN MY TRUE BROTHERS. SOME GUYS USE TEST ALL YEAR ROUND(NOTHIN TO LIE ABOUT) AND DIFF. DUDES DO DIFF. THINGS BUT I CAN GUARANTEE A MAJOR USE OF Syntherol...A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT HINDER SOME GUYS WITH THEIR POTENTIAL ARE THE AAS DOSAGES AND SOME SYNTHEROL...THAT'S ALL BESIDES TRAINING/POLITICS/OTHER. MOST ALL PRO'S USE IT NOWA DAYS AND ESPECIALLY TO BRING UP A 'LAGGIN BODY PART'.

I KNOW YOU SAID PREVIOUSLY NOT TO BRING IT UP BUT I HAD TO...YEAH, PARTS CAN BE BROUGHT UP BUT ONCE IT'S REACHED IT'S FASCIA LIMIT, IT WILL REQUIRE HELP TO GET BIGGER. TELL ME HOW ELSE TO DRAMATICALY GROW A SPECIFIC MUSCLE WITH OUT CHANGING OTHER "GIVENS".

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner