YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How does HRT and blood work, work with doc?

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
With my extremely low total test, lh, and FSH with estrogen and prolactin in range, my endo suggested replacement therapy although we did not discuss which route.

I'm 28, I told him my desire to father a child in 2 years. He told me correcting testosterone levels now is of significant importance. I'm not sure which his approach is to boost my testosterone is though; i kept mentioning wanting hcg to keep fertility and all but he said HRT doesn't shut off fertility and HRT is sometimes needed for fertility.

Regardless, my question is, when you go on HRT, how often do you typically have to get your hormone levels checked? Is it going to be frequent for a month or two and then just yearly, or what? Because at that point, how would I run a contest prep? My levels would be all over.

He wants to repeat my labs and do some more but he is all about correcting my levels

My perspective is only my own experience, but we are similar age.

My TRT doctor said similar that with 6 days on, 1 day off with the gel my natural T won't shutdown. We are currently tapering up in dose to determine the amount needed to get me where I need to be. Due to that, appointments and bloodwork are every 2 months. Once we find baseline, she said every 6 months or so with bloodwork to confirm.

All that said, I don't buy that it doesn't shutdown your natural T somewhat. I have the option of gel or injectable once I reach my stable dose, for now they will only doe gel.

Cost is horrendous... I'd be curious what you are paying but I feel like I'm being raped. 345 a MontH for gel, 440 for injectable with ai and i believe hcg. That's just ridiculous and I'm hoping I can find a urologist or endo that will do trt, aND either charge a non-retarded fee, or help me to get it covered on insurance.

With my extremely low total test, lh, and FSH with estrogen and prolactin in range, my endo suggested replacement therapy although we did not discuss which route.

I'm 28, I told him my desire to father a child in 2 years. He told me correcting testosterone levels now is of significant importance. I'm not sure which his approach is to boost my testosterone is though; i kept mentioning wanting hcg to keep fertility and all but he said HRT doesn't shut off fertility and HRT is sometimes needed for fertility.

Regardless, my question is, when you go on HRT, how often do you typically have to get your hormone levels checked? Is it going to be frequent for a month or two and then just yearly, or what? Because at that point, how would I run a contest prep? My levels would be all over.

He wants to repeat my labs and do some more but he is all about correcting my levels

for myself and I think most people, get checked at 6 weeks, 6 months then yearly, that's barring complications, I was giving a choice between gels, pellets or injects, I went with injects, if I would have wanted to father another child, which I don't he would have put me on hcg as well, but I endd up on hcg anyway for other reasons, if you want to father a child later I would be taking hcg

My perspective is only my own experience, but we are similar age.

My TRT doctor said similar that with 6 days on, 1 day off with the gel my natural T won't shutdown. We are currently tapering up in dose to determine the amount needed to get me where I need to be. Due to that, appointments and bloodwork are every 2 months. Once we find baseline, she said every 6 months or so with bloodwork to confirm.

All that said, I don't buy that it doesn't shutdown your natural T somewhat. I have the option of gel or injectable once I reach my stable dose, for now they will only doe gel.

Cost is horrendous... I'd be curious what you are paying but I feel like I'm being raped. 345 a MontH for gel, 440 for injectable with ai and i believe hcg. That's just ridiculous and I'm hoping I can find a urologist or endo that will do trt, aND either charge a non-retarded fee, or help me to get it covered on insurance.

damn bro you are getting raped, I take injects, 10ml vial cost me $25.00 it last 12 weeks, blood work cost me about $25.00 when done, my ai script last 5 weeks and cost me .67 cents each refill, each doc visit cost me about $35.00, these cost are going thru my insurance, you should be able to get it approved with minimal effort from doc, if not if I were you I go thru somebody like defy medical or primebody, I think they run approx. $250.00 a month, I do take hcg but go thru an overseas pharma, just got 15,000iu for $42.00.

Hcg and test are a package deal at my clinic. Covered by insurance and both weekly injects cost $30 total.
Bloods are initially done monthly then quarterly and finally semi annual.

damn bro you are getting raped, I take injects, 10ml vial cost me $25.00 it last 12 weeks, blood work cost me about $25.00 when done, my ai script last 5 weeks and cost me .67 cents each refill, each doc visit cost me about $35.00, these cost are going thru my insurance, you should be able to get it approved with minimal effort from doc, if not if I were you I go thru somebody like defy medical or primebody, I think they run approx. $250.00 a month, I do take hcg but go thru an overseas pharma, just got 15,000iu for $42.00.

Yes, it's a painful monthly experience... Basically a car payment to be where I need to be.

My fear is that due to my age I'll just get turned away or rejected, even with bloodwork verifying. That's why I was happy just to be approved to begin with.

Anyway, thus thread isnt about me. It's good to hear there are other options out there, hopefully in my area.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws