YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How does this 2x week full body routine look?

Jake LaMotta

Registered
For the last couple of months I have been working a body part once every 7 days. But now I have decided to change it up and do a two days a week (Tues, Sat) full body routine (that way I work a body part once every 3-4 days).

The reason I am doing a two days a week full body workout is because I plan on returning to boxing training (which will be done on Mon, Weds, Fri). So Thurs and Sun will be completely off.

Here is the routine:

*2 days a week weightlifting routine (Tues, Sat) with a 3 minute rest between sets. I will be doing all exercises with reps of 8-10 keeping the same weight each set with a weight that I can do atleast 8 but can't do for more than 10. I will progress the weights when I can do all sets with 10 reps.

Tues. and Sat.

1. Flat dumbbell bench press 2x8-10
2. Overhand dumbbell rows to chest (to take lats out of it) 2x8-10
3. Hack squat machine 2x8-10
4. Incline dumbbell bench press 2x8-10
5. Wide grip lat pulldowns 2x8-10
6. Lying leg curls 2x8-10
7. Side dumbbell lateral raises 2x8-10
8. Tricep pushdowns 1x8-10
9. Seated dumbbell bicep curls 1x8-10
10. Standing calve raises 2x8-10
11. Weighted dumbbell crunches 2x8-10

Does the workout look solid? Anything I should change? Anything I should add? Anything I should delete? Instead of me doing the routine 2 days a week (Tues, Sat) would it be better if I did it 3 days a week (Tues, Thurs, Sat)? I don't want to overtrain but at the same time I want to get the most out of the routine.

Last edited:
Why only train 2 days a week? Do you know anyone that has had success doing that?

What are your goals with this?

Are you doing other activities the other 5 days? It's sort of a jack of all trades, master of none workout. You can't really focus on a muscle group if you're forcing your CNS to try to give effort to every part of your body in one day.

just my .02 cents

Why only train 2 days a week? Do you know anyone that has had success doing that?

this.

Are you doing other activities the other 5 days?...

The reason I am doing a two days a week full body workout is because I plan on returning to boxing training (which will be done on Mon, Weds, Fri). So Thurs and Sun will be completely off.

My goal is to retain as much size and strength as possible.

Last edited:
Do you want to box or bodybuild?
Its my experience that if you want to box you want to be as light and as fast as possible. Big bulky arms will slow your punch down and render it less effective than it would be with more velocity.

If you REALLY traing like a boxer you wont be ableto hold the size you have as a BBer. Way too many calories burned in a boxers workout. you will be grossly overtrained in a week.

Now what you can do is some weight work the days you train boxing, something to add to the workout. but the keys to success for boxing are going to be endurance and speed. so center your weight training around explosiveness and endurance.

Do you want to box or bodybuild?
Its my experience that if you want to box you want to be as light and as fast as possible. Big bulky arms will slow your punch down and render it less effective than it would be with more velocity.

If you REALLY traing like a boxer you wont be ableto hold the size you have as a BBer. Way too many calories burned in a boxers workout. you will be grossly overtrained in a week.

Now what you can do is some weight work the days you train boxing, something to add to the workout. but the keys to success for boxing are going to be endurance and speed. so center your weight training around explosiveness and endurance.

What he said. Boxing/MMA training is more than enough strain on your body. If you attempt to lift heavy and do proper fight training, your joints will hate your guts. I say this from first hand experience. If all you did was eat sleep and train and didnt have to work you could possibly get away with it.

In this situation you've gotta decide which one you want more and get on that boat entirely.

If you're going to be training and going to the gym a simple full body split like you have set up will help you retain strength for sure. General consensus for fighters is lighter weight/higher reps but I personally use a more strength oriented lifting style.

If you're going to be training and going to the gym a simple full body split like you have set up will help you retain strength for sure. General consensus for fighters is lighter weight/higher reps but I personally use a more strength oriented lifting style.

How would a persons CNS recover and how many cals would a person need to recover from this type of training and have it be beneficial?

why would this type of traing effect cns more than a typical split?id say it would give more rest.i do traing like this alot cause i work physical labor 12-14hrs. 5-6 six days a week.honestly 2 workouts a week is more than i can handle at times. im overtrained before even lifting ect.is it ideal no. but some of us dont have the ideal bodybuiding lifestyle. just my 2 cents. and yes i can still make progress.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws