over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How does your partner view BB?

Braven

Registered
Just wondering what some of the members' partner's think of bodybuilding and your aspirations in the sport or general goals. Reason I ask is my wife keeps saying im obsessed with the gym and reading about training, nutrition, supplements (inc. AAS). Now she's saying i need to get fatter cos she doesn't like it and bodybuilders are grotesque and look 'weird', my shoulders are too wide blah blah...im no big guy 205lbs 10%BF 33' waist, 46' chest, 17' arms, 26' quads, 16' calves...but my goals are 250lbs low BF with obviously my measurments going up...not overnight but in the next 2-3 years. I would also like to compete when im 25...im 22 now. Just wondering if any other have this problem...and if thier views changed as your physique did or should i get a divorce? lol jk:p

My wife knew what she was getting into when we first got together.

For the most part she's all for it. She doesn't like one aspect of it, but knows I need my gym time or Im a grump. Otherwise, she knows I could have a lot worse hobbies.

I have yet to find a woman that understands the whole BB thing.

I'm not too big either, 230 w/ low bf (visible abs). (see avatar), but my GF is completely unsupportive. I have no solution for you man.

I guess you need to find out from her what attracted her to you in the first place, was it a good muscular physique? If the answer is yes then ask her how the hell it got that way and she'll have her answer. I hear this alot from women in general. "OHH I don't like all those huge muscles" or "It's not my thing" or " I think it's gross and looks stupid". But they will all have a good hard stare when you are on the beach or they almost follow you around when your out shopping or places like that. You can feel the eyes in your back burning holes in you as you walk past.

As for my Girlfriend and ex-wife for that matter, current gf is all for it and in to it in a big way. Arnie is her idol as is Shawn Ray, can't say I'm jealous either, as I too admire these guys for their physiques. My ex supported me to all of my shows and was my training partner for many years. She too has aspiration for the stage, this year I believe. So I have had the support and blessings all the way. Yes they knew 100% about gear and such. I educated them more for my benefit than their curiosity. It has to be that way with your partners guys, If you get into trouble and cannot speak for yourself someone has to be able to let the doctors, hospital know what the deal is.

Meh, he's ok with it somewhat. :D

Meh, he's ok with it somewhat. :D
Yes he gives you lots of support by EATING ALL OF YOUR COOKIES to spare you from temptation while dieting!!;)

Very interesting post......

I'm told I'm obsessive/compulsive and wasting my life with my BBing. No support at all; sometimes it makes it hard to go on killing myself in the gym.....

Mike

My wife competes in figure and will compete in the North American's if we can afford it. She trains harder than i do lol. She gets depressed if we miss a training day.

my wife supports my bbing. she understands that it is fueled by my childhood selfesteem issues. she doesnt agree with the means by which i strive to achieve at perfect body but she respects me so she keeps hers thoughts to herself.

If any of you read my comment in the photo's section when i posted pix.... im going to be missing my planned show in June due to this..... but ended up reaching a compromise and probably will compete in Nov. Sux right lol. I use my knowledge and debate skillz to (slowly, when she will listen) teach her about it and how it is NOT bad for me if done correctly. Its a process but im making progress..... she just joined a gym :D

I'll be the negative one here (realistic)

Most all of these type of situations where there is resistance from wife, G/F or significant other are doomed and will end in divorce. I have been around BB and powerlifting for over 30 years and I've seen it dozens of times. First there is no support, then they chunk up and there is jealousy cuz you look as good as you did 5-10 years ago. Finally there is outright resentment. They want you to look like you do but they don't want you to do what you have to do to have that look. They are the most irrational ,selfish , self centered creatures in all of creation. You absolutely must have a wife/G/F who stands by you 100% or failure is certain. On the flip side in almost every situation the guy quits going to the gym to save his relationship and he'll always wonder what he could have accomplished but will never know. You see them at the supermarket pushing the grocery cart with thier long gone abs now paunchy and hanging. They have the 3 kids with them while wifey sits home with her fat ass on the couch chomping bon-bons and watching reality shows.

asi have always said.. i am lucky to have my wife.. she wants me big.. she loves bodybuilding and is very supportive.. when we first started dating i was in the process of dieting for a show.. she loved cooking for me and helping out.. that never left.. although i have not competed in quite some time, she would love it if i did.. she knows all the guys (bodybuilders) will look through my mags every once in a while.. she let me convert the garage into my own gym and i spent quite a bit of money doing it.. she always comes home from the store with protein bars ect and makes sure i take my fish oil, niacin, oils, ect ect...
so no bitching here .. i got lucky.. just always make sure you spend time with them also.. watch movies with them sand spend quality time that does not involve bodybuilding ect.. but, i hate to say it.. if she is not supportive now, she wont ever be.. your other half should support you in any endevor you choice.. and vice versa.. if they dont.. maybe you are with the wrong one.. explain your feelings to her and let her know this is very important to you.. if she wont change.. the you have to decide if you can live with it..

Get her in the gym, thats what I did. My girl even trains with me most of the time. Contantly tell her she looks great, is improving, etc. She can't be supportive if she doesn't understand.

My gf is a competitor herself, she took no less than 2nd place in junior worlds bbing championships in 2004. But living with a competitor can be hell even for a fellow bber. Sometimes our loving ones really have it difficult (with all the dieting, mood swings, cycling, not having time to do things she wants etc etc.), so major props for our wives and girlfriends sticking around despite all the shit we make them go through :).

Just wondering what some of the members' partner's think of bodybuilding and your aspirations in the sport or general goals. Reason I ask is my wife keeps saying im obsessed with the gym and reading about training, nutrition, supplements (inc. AAS). Now she's saying i need to get fatter cos she doesn't like it and bodybuilders are grotesque and look 'weird', my shoulders are too wide blah blah...im no big guy 205lbs 10%BF 33' waist, 46' chest, 17' arms, 26' quads, 16' calves...but my goals are 250lbs low BF with obviously my measurments going up...not overnight but in the next 2-3 years. I would also like to compete when im 25...im 22 now. Just wondering if any other have this problem...and if thier views changed as your physique did or should i get a divorce? lol jk:p

she loves the sport and athletics in general as much as I do.

Hungry learned to love it so he had something to comunicate with me about. She can name off just about any BB she sees in a mag and follows this board pretty well. She supports me.......in about everything I have the motivation to do.

well in my part of the world, not too many women understand the BBing lifestyle...

I wish there were more women around ehre that did....maybe I would have a good woman with me??

My wife had similar concerns. She likes that I go to the gym and I take care of myself but I was always reading and looking on the internet researching the same stuff you are. I WAS obsessed. I realized that she's right...it's all I did. So I cut the reading way down and hasn't been an issue.

Everythings good as long as she comes and trains with me, when she stops...then "when are you going to slow down training" starts. As far as competing, Im taking her to the NYC pro-show hoping she will take a likeing and back me for the winter show. I cant complain though, she nevers says a thing about my AS use.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws