over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How does your partner view BB?

I'm lucky to have found a woman who is as into lifting as I am. She also obsesses about her body, so that is something we can relate to eachother about. We both push one another at times when it is needed. She is a strong woman and I respect that greatly. Her father was a marine and he had no sons, but three daughters and my girl was like his son. She's a fantastic chess player, has degrees in mathematics and economics, won a full scholarship for educational reasons, and her father got her into lifting when she was running track in high school. She squats ass to the floor, deadlifts, whatever. I've had guys I know at the gym come up to me to say "she deadlifts?", I'm like yeah her Dad taught her how to lift. I'm very proud of her. That said, every other woman I've ever been with in the past would never have lifted weights, period. I had to wait to meet the girl who I could share this great love with. Face it if you lift it's a sport of love. You give everything to it. Nutrition, sleeping patterns, gym time, everything else in your life is organized around the bodybuilding lifestyle. If I couldn't share that with her, we might never do anything together. I was married before also and it was a big mistake for many different reasons, but one thing I gave up was my lifting. I hated that. I probably resented her for it. I'm so happy now that I have someone who understands and supports what I love to do. I couldn't imagine being with someone else who didn't love this sport as much as I do ever again.

I am lucky in that my wife is very supportive of my working out. She loves to workout also so that makes it good for both of us. Although she does think I push myself too hard in the gym with the heavy weights and high intensity, then I am left dealing with the aches and pains later :rolleyes: When you are into this as much as we are, and it takes as much time and money in your life as it does, I think it is absolutely necessary that your wife/husband is on the same page as you or it will inevitably be a big problem.

Last edited:
I'm apparently going to die alone so don't have to worry about it :p

my last three girlfriends:

1)hated it. she liked that i looked good, but then it made her feel fat, and she knew other girls would notice me, so she got jealous/crazy/ect...
2)had no opinion, but was supportive. she didnt care either way, but understood the eating thing.
3)we met in the gym and she's a much of a meathead as me. we're still in contract renegotiations :D

Well my soon to be wife (june 30th) loves the bb life style to a point she hates trying to buy clothes for me cuz they only fit for a few weeks and then they to good will which make me think they should have a size between xl and xxl jmo but see likes the bloated look not the ripped look so i guess i got to eat more:eek: Hell she even gives me my shots but i think she just likes looking at my butt LOL:p

I've been single for the past 3 years since I started so it hasn't been an issue yet, any girl who complained about size/gym time I just stopped calling. I'm 22 so I have plenty of time lol

Wow! you guy's that got lucky or picked well have great admiration towards your partners in your posts. That really says something as to how important it is in a relationship.

I won't date again unless it is someone in the lifestyle, I hate having junk food in the house & someone who doesn't undersatand eating every 3 hours.

Plus I want someone who I can give them thier injections and talk about gear with.

:)

Being single has coincided with my commitment to this lifestyle. But I've also never been happier. I'll have to hold out for someone who "gets it" or is into it. It seems though that being a woman bber will weed out those who don't appreciate it b/c some guys have a problem with chicks with more than average muscle & strength (relative to other women of course).

gotta be healthy

I tried dating someone recently who didn't lift, ate junk food and big portions, and drank every weekend, then wondered why he didn't lose weight. I realized I can't be with someone who's not into a healthy lifestyle, which means regular exercise and eating clean. It's also much easier to be with someone who is as excited about going to the gym and working out as I am, and understands the meals every 3 hours, constant bathroom breaks from all the water consumed, the high after a good lift, the low after a bad lift, the mood swings during contest prep, and the utter exhaustion at the end of the day. Bodybuilding and competing is a very different lifestyle than most people are used to, and I've found that it's incredibly difficult to be with someone who doesn't understand it, much less support it.

I met my GF in the gym. We trained for a powerlifting meet together and she qualified for nationals (it was her first meet). She trains with so much intensity and determination that I can't think of anyone I would rather train with.

But she dislikes bodybuilding.....:(

She is more than a little put off by the political games that are so often a big part of bodybuilding, she has seen enough arrogance, petty catfighting and just general poor sportsmanship by local competitors to make her think in general most bodybuilders are not nice folks.

But it is how competitive bodybuilding effects me that is the final straw with her. She loves the offseason when her man is big strong and has the sex drive of a teenager, but when it is time to cut and carbs get dropped..... She doesn't like the fact that I can be a bit brain dead (poor company), sometimes grumpy, and last and most importantly she hates the fact that she gets laid less when my carbs are down.

She is also concerned about the effects competing has on my health since I tend to be up there on my drug usage.

Wow! you guy's that got lucky or picked well have great admiration towards your partners in your posts. That really says something as to how important it is in a relationship.

I won't date again unless it is someone in the lifestyle, I hate having junk food in the house & someone who doesn't undersatand eating every 3 hours.

Plus I want someone who I can give them thier injections and talk about gear with.

:)

I'm assumiung single. HOW ARE YOU STILL SINGLE? lol :)

good thread

I am one of the lucky ones as well. The wife is easily as obsessed as me, if not more-so these last couple of years. We have competed in mixed pairs together and she does fiigure. We have trained together for the last 7-8 years so it is all very normal for us.

First there is no support, then they chunk up and there is jealousy cuz you look as good as you did 5-10 years ago. Finally there is outright resentment. They want you to look like you do but they don't want you to do what you have to do to have that look. They are the most irrational ,selfish , self centered creatures in all of creation. You absolutely must have a wife/G/F who stands by you 100% or failure is certain.
Bump to that!

Had a relationship where the girl was completely unsupportive. Over time, it became a real wedge in our relationship. I won't make the mistake of getting involved with someone who isn't interested in my interests again.

my wife loves it. i was upfront about what i did from the get go. i have gained about 40lbs of muscle since we have been togethera. every christmas i take up more and more of the pic, lol. she could do without the dieting though, she hates the diet phil has me on.

My wife thinks that I'm obsessed and that I like to "suffer". By suffer she means getting up at 5:00 every morning to work-out, eat bland-tasteless food every two hours and a lot of it, stick myself regularly w/ needles, etc.
However, she understands that w/out it, I am miserable, so she enjoys seeing me happy and therefore is supportive.

"Every woman wants their man to look like a bodybuilder, but don't no woman want their man to lift no heavy ass weight"- Ron Coleman (modified of course)

I think the younger you are (21 myself) the more impossible it is to find young women interested in the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle so I've basically given up the hope of finding a meaningful relationship till about 30. I guess I'll have to settle for one nighters till then.;)

my wife just went to her first bb competition with me recently. she flipped out like it was a strip show or something. she loved it--even when the master's div. got up there. she saw that there were actually bb'ers that lived past 50! lol. she saw that the guy who took overall was in his late 40's and she was drooling. now she's all about my routines and diet to get me that way. so i have some kick ass support now. she even is making me take her other girl friends with us to the competitions now. she doesnt mind the gear involved if done sensibly. later
GL

I am with my girlfriend for two years now. She is much younger than me, but she never used to work out before. She's now five days a week in the gym and we are fully supporting eachother. I inspired her in the begginging , now she's inspiring me.:)

I'm assumiung single. HOW ARE YOU STILL SINGLE? lol :)
all the good ones my age are taken :( Norm's a perfect example, oh well ;)

guess I'll have to start looking for a younger man now!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear