over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How far do you drive for a gym and why

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
So I was looking for a new gym and now I found one my wife says im crazy for driving 1/2 to a gym when there are three with in 5 mins of us. The one I joined though is a real gym where the others our health clubs with guys who think they can lift heavy weights but end up hurt and guys who when you ask for a spot they have no idea what their doing. So question how far do you drive

i drive 30 minutes, and i got 2 training partners who drive 1.5 hours 4 days a week.

i drive 45min but i have to drive in to work anyway,also theres not a gym where i live.

Exactly 60 seconds or walk 5 minutes. Good to own the gym that I can almost see from my front door at home.:D

10 minute walk on campus.

5 minute drive when at home.

If DBs reach a high numbers, there's plenty of free weight areas, and 2.5lbs bars I'm good to go.

belong to 24hour. There is one about 2 min from my work, another one about 10 min from my house and one in the middle about 15 min from my house. So basically I have 3 I can go to. Each gym has its own thing to offer, a few things I like better for paticular muscle group I am working.

At my favorite gym I drive 30 mins one way min.
At my health spas it's on my way home from school so nothing really.

I go to a Gold's Gym that takes about 5minutes to drive to, 5 min back.
My membership is going to expire early next year though and I am highly considering going to Metroflex Houston even though it cost 3x as much, has no ac, and is going to take 45 mins to drive to and 45mins back....

Ok now I do not feel so bad when I was competing before I was married I would drive to ohio to train four times a month, man she would have killed me then I guess you do what you have to do. At the time I was ranked in top 100 in the US for my deadlift so I wanted to lift with the right people

once a week, a buddy and i will choose a different gym near our own, usually its in a different town furthest hes driven us is 50 min

i would never drive that on a weekly basis. just once in a great while

Ok now I do not feel so bad when I was competing before I was married I would drive to ohio to train four times a month, man she would have killed me then I guess you do what you have to do. At the time I was ranked in top 100 in the US for my deadlift so I wanted to lift with the right people

what #/class were you in?

My gym is about 5 minutes from my house. There have been times in my life that I've had to drive 30-40 minutes to train, and I have found that my consistency is not the same. Being so close to the gym makes it a lot easier to schedule workouts.

I am a member at two gyms. One that is 1.1 miles away, less than 5 mins. The other is about a 5 min walk from my office. I usually do cardio during lunch while i am at work to break up the day. Then I lift after work with my training partner at the one by my house. I know I am spoiled to have two gyms so close while I am at work or home, but I would drive farther if I had to.

Most of my career I was super heavy but my last comp when I was ranked I deadlifted 790 and weighed in at 235...

I have to take a helicopter because I live in Antarctica :(
j.k

.. For me I need convenience over anything.... I can make any gym work. If you do Phils routine, you wont need much... except enough weight. If you need a spot you should be able to instruct someone as simple as a monkey to do so.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131