over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How far would you drive…

slesh

Registered
Yo dudes,

Curious how far (miles) and/or time would you spend driving to a gym? For the sake of this question let’s assume this is a dream gym that has every machine you love with a good vibe.

The number thrown around in the industry when planning a new gym is 15 minutes. I would probably drive 30minutes for a "dream gym" but only if I didn't have something almost to as good closer.

20 to 30 min max if I had too.
Lucky me, I walk to my gym on nice days, about 12 min.

If just a one time deal while traveling maybe an hour for a once in a lifetime visit. If for my "regular" membership gym and there is another gym closer and it was equipped with enough of what I need then 30 minutes or so. I assume you are referring to a one time visit while traveling near the area. Forgive me if I am wrong in my assumption!Lol

If just a one time deal while traveling maybe an hour for a once in a lifetime visit. If for my "regular" membership gym and there is another gym closer and it was equipped with enough of what I need then 30 minutes or so. I assume you are referring to a one time visit while traveling near the area. Forgive me if I am wrong in my assumption!Lol
Lol I actually meant for your regular gym

Would depend on the drive , into the country or into the city, traffic, in the am or after work, how much free time I have. I'd do 35 to 40 minutes if it was a great gym and could get on the equipment without hassle for a shorter workout to make up for the drive. I'd have one closer to home for some workouts I just need basic stuff, doubt I'd go that far 6 days a week.

The problem with distance is that if you live closer, you have a pretty decent margin of time in the sense that a slight delay for your work or whatever will not influence much in your going to the gym and way back home.

Maybe 15 minutes.

Living in the city, I have multiple gyms I hit within 10 minutes of my house. My home gym is literally 5 minutes up the service road. I know a few guys in the city here who won't go to Destination Dallas (it's not in Dallas, it's in Allen) simply because of the drive - it's about 20 minutes north on a major highway. Add in rush hour and it's definitely 30 minutes, add in a wreck and who know what the commute becomes.

Hidden Gym is also in Allen but even further north. There are times I'd like to go to use stuff like the Hammer Strength seated leg press but unless I had a Saturday / Sunday with absolutely nothing going on (which never happens) I'm not going to carve more time out of my day for the gym. At my level of development it's unlikely a new piece of equipment is going to be a difference maker.

one thing I can say, switching from a job 30 minutes away to 5 minutes away, I actually miss the drive. the drive is a period of relaxation, listen to the radio, calm before you get into work vs just leaving home and being there. I can see the same with the gym. if my gym was 5 minutes away id lose the drive and drinking my coffee that kind of puts me in the zone, lol

I have driven 40 miles one way to get to a hole in the wall full of State BB champions "female and male". It was a great place and was usually practically deserted but the people who were there were top notch and fun to work out around. I was the only power lifter in there but we all learned from each other. I do miss that place but I had to move for a better job.

I drive 15 mins to the gym, wouldn't do more than 30 mins though. Don't like wasting hours in a car.
Even 'dream gyms' these days are filled with IG/Phone gawking morons who leave their weights all over the place, so for me to have a dream gym, I'd need to travel back in time to 80's/90's. :D

I walk 30m and that's about as long as I'd like to have to drive as well (if I had a car 😂)

If i had that gym that had all I always wanted even 45 minutes. Truth is a lot of people make great progress once they are not limited by equipment.

30 minutes max. I love training but I feel like I’m just always so busy. Spending 2-3 hours round trip going to a gym wouldn’t work for me.

I drive an hr one way a few times a month to train at different gyms , generally to link up with friends , train then go have lunch or something.
I'm a member at three gyms here in my 30 min circle (everything is at least 20 min from my house) to that I rotate for various reasons.

one thing I can say, switching from a job 30 minutes away to 5 minutes away, I actually miss the drive. the drive is a period of relaxation, listen to the radio, calm before you get into work vs just leaving home and being there. I can see the same with the gym. if my gym was 5 minutes away id lose the drive and drinking my coffee that kind of puts me in the zone, lol
I agree with this. The drive can be beneficial depending on the distance and time of day.
I've recently switched from working out in the evenings after work to working out at 6a.m. before work. My gym is 5 minutes away. Trying to get in the zone 20-30 minutes after waking up has not been easy but I am adjusting.

0... my time is very limited, that i have to catch a workout(in my garage) when my grandson is at school or eating..
most of the time i have to workout when he's at school since he likes to get on the leg press or treadmill when i'm also working out.
when he does that, i dont tell him to go back inside the house.. as i dont want to discourage him from exercise.. so i stop
what i'm doing and give him my undivided attention.
only time i go to a gym is when one of my grown kids come to the house and can watch him. that time, i play basketball.
ill travel 30-45mins to various gyms that have good basketball runs.
i'm addicted to physical fitness and reaching my personal fitness goals.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws