over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Frequently Can I Work Out

jsr2188

Registered
Can i work out every day, but different muscles of course. I hear some people say you can work out every day and other people advise against it. If I do work out every day what muscles should I do? Right now, for upper body, I'm doing chest, tris, and shoulders. Then the next day Back and Bis. But the day after doing chest my back is a little sore so should I do back the same day as chest? I don't know, can some people give me an idea.

Chest and Tri's
Back and Bi's
Shoulders (this is a workout in its own)
Legs (big workout by itself)

that gives you a fith day to go back and hit any body part again, at least the first 3. Every body part needs time to recoup. At least 48 hours. Ab's every other day.

Many people differ on how many days to work out. But 7 days is to much! % to 6 is fine. Some even split like 3 on 2 off. You'll have to find wich works best for you!

everyone has their own take at this ,so here's me i workout mon-wed-fri-mon.If my week gets messed up i change it to a weekend day if i have to add it in. My workouts always change about every 3 to 4 weeks. sometimes push and pull excerises or pull pull just keep cahnging so your body doesn't have time to get use to it, but like i said many pepole will think diffrent

You can train 3 on 1 off if you're keeping the volume low. I do chest and arms day 1 legs day 2 back and shoulders day 3 then rest. I only do 2-3 sets per pb with different rep ranges and it's been working pretty well.

As others have said its all up to the individual. Heres how I do mine:

Monday - Back + Abs
Tuesday - Chest + Biceps
Wednesday - Abs
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Shoulders + Triceps
Saturday - Off/Lagging body part/forearms + abs
Sunday - Off

I haven't taken a single rest day in the past 3 weeks... if you train smartly with short and intense workouts and let enough time to each body part to recover (3 days between sessions), it's ok.

In fact, when I eat a lot I feel guilty if I don't train :p it can be just abs, obliques or calves, but I have to go to the gym. A day is 24h long, you can always find a few minutes... :cool:

All in all it's a a matter of listening to your body. If you're really exhausted and don't see any progress take some rest, if you feel great and are improving, why not training?

There are other things to consider also. Are you beginner? Are you natural or enhanced? What type of job you do since hard labor can influence your recovery ability. Also how old are you?
Once these are answered a better idea we can have on how to help you.

I like 5 days and 2 days off. One body part each day, Chest, back, legs, arms, shoulders. I use the volume approach and bomb each part hard. i rotate the days so it gives some groups a little more rest and others a little less. It works best for me and I do this into precontest as well.

IF I REALLY AM CAREFUL I CAN GO THREE DAYS IN A ROW ...

IF ONE OF THOSE DAYS IS AN ABS/CALF DAY.

FOR EXAMPLE:

BACK/HAMSTRINGS
ABS/CALF
CHEST FRONT DELTS

REST

BICEPS TRAPS R. DELTS AM.....LEGS PM
ABS/CALF
SHOULDERS/TRICEPS

REST....

THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE ROUTINES.

A SEPARATION BETWEEN UPPER BODY TRAINING DAYS.....ABS/ CALVES TRAINED FOR REAL....THREE DAYS REST BETWEEN ALL MUSCLE GROUPS TRAINED....

MOST OF THE TIME I TRAIN TWO DAYS ON...ONE OFF....IF I WAS REALLY SMART I'D TRAIN EVERY OTHER DAY. BUT SINCE I AM A DIPSHIT....I'LL KEEP ON THE WITH TRAINING MORE OFTEN. :D

jsr2188 said:
Can i work out every day, but different muscles of course. I hear some people say you can work out every day and other people advise against it. If I do work out every day what muscles should I do? Right now, for upper body, I'm doing chest, tris, and shoulders. Then the next day Back and Bis. But the day after doing chest my back is a little sore so should I do back the same day as chest? I don't know, can some people give me an idea.

I am just curious as to what your primary intention is... overall physique, speciality area, sport? For regular, every day, a set goal or training prep for an event?

It all changes on what you want your secondary question for... Say, if you're looking at developing your physique, increasing strength and endurance and yet maintaining flexibility, that's a lot of goals to try to fit into one week. If your body, mind, schedule, social life can handle it then more power to ya. But then you might look breaking it down over weeks or months. There's a lot of variables to consider... some simple and mundane from wearing braces and other support, and more inane details about you are needed...

On average, I'd say six days is cool. If you want to go seven, then keep most of your week low intensity. My own routine likely isn't going to work for your needs... my primary concentration is lower body, maintaining flexibility and staying a light weight. So I am usually splitting my needs over three weeks - six days on, one day off and fourth week, split rotation, heavy and low, whatever I need to catch up on. Its not a recommended route to go but it puts less stress on my body but if I was heading up for a race, then I have about two months of hell that again isn't recommended for a daily routine - for a different set of reasons.

Honestly mate, if you can see a trainer or meet someone local to help you out, that'll likely be better to answer your questions, supply more of your background and they can physically see where you are right now, and what you need to do for your goals...

Take it for what it's worth, but I think most of you guys are overtraining. If you work out hard enough there's no way you're going to be able to lift even 5 days a week for any extended period of time. I work out 4x a week and there's no way I could do even one more day. JMO

JasonWojo said:
Take it for what it's worth, but I think most of you guys are overtraining. If you work out hard enough there's no way you're going to be able to lift even 5 days a week for any extended period of time. I work out 4x a week and there's no way I could do even one more day. JMO
well said!!!!!!!!!!!! i just had to drop it to three day's a week to taxing on my body. i train hard n heavy!

JasonWojo said:

Obviously things work differently for each person...I would love to train less but mentally I cant seem to do it...I am quite sure it would do me wonders... other problem is training multiple body parts in one day for me. Today I did back and tried to finish up with bi's...but I was destroyed at that point. Normally I keep arms seperate because I feel like I get a better workout like that, which does create my 5th day. There is no way in hell that I could do my normal bicep workout after back, or my normal tricep workout after chest or shoulders. I know they are pre exhausted already, at least to a degree and that may compensate for my weaker or less intense lifts but mentally and physically I feel better splitting the bp's up. Thats my .02

Enanthanator said:
Obviously things work differently for each person...I would love to train less but mentally I cant seem to do it...I am quite sure it would do me wonders... other problem is training multiple body parts in one day for me. Today I did back and tried to finish up with bi's...but I was destroyed at that point. Normally I keep arms seperate because I feel like I get a better workout like that, which does create my 5th day. There is no way in hell that I could do my normal bicep workout after back, or my normal tricep workout after chest or shoulders. I know they are pre exhausted already, at least to a degree and that may compensate for my weaker or less intense lifts but mentally and physically I feel better splitting the bp's up. Thats my .02
i use to feel the same way. but after seeing the results i get with more rest i think it's the way to go. but every one is diffrent. it's hard for me to stay out of the gym. i just keep telling myself it's what you do when out of the gym that makes you grow..lol eat sleep etc..

I know...it is so damn hard to stay out of the gym...Tomorrow I am planning a day off...but I just dont know if it will happen. I hate not going especially when I know my body doesnt need a break...I have gotten better over the years but this time of year when I am shedding my winter coat I turn it up...

You can train very often but know that each session should be low in volume and/or train different qualities in each session.

This article does a nice job of presenting an example for BBing: **broken link removed**

Age, Goals, and Time play a big factor here.....

Your on aas and if nutrition is on point, i don't see much how you could overtraining 5 days/wk.

I remember in college 5 yrs ago i did my first cycle w/ sustanon 250mg for 15 weeks. I was hitting the gym twice a day 1hr session high intensity and was getting massive. Went from 170 blow up to ~210.

Srongest and heaviest i've ever been.

B4 cycle Bench 225 @ ~5x max

End of cycle Bench 225 @ ~20 max
incline 225 @ ~15 max

The increase in strengh and size was from eating tons of carbs and protein and hitting gym 2x/day..........w/ very heavy does of eca pre-workout.

Too answer your question, if your older and lack of time, opt for high intensity workout at least 4x a week duration 40-45mins. If young buck w/ a good foundation, try weight train try 2x/d a couple of time a week. Superset baby......get that pump.

The way i train @ 27yrs old now has completely change, not looking to be a big bulky mofo. And also, I don't have the time to train like a maniac b/c of work, gf, sore joints....etc. So, i've hit the weight mon-fri lunch hour high intensity for 35 mins. Start high weights and end when superset to blow up those muscles.

I'm currently @ 190lbs bf ~8-7% and still making great gains, but i'm leaner and cosmetically looks great yr/around. I now train for the fitness model look vs bodybuilding look.

Currently running
test prop, tren, winny

Considering all factors: age, goals, time.........you should experiment and see what works for you. Go heavy 1st and go for the pump last. Clinical show to raise natural gh levels and also you feel like king kong for about 30 mins :)

So look at your age, goals, time, cycle. Just remember w/ good nutrition and Training as much as possible is best for huge gains.

Last edited:
just listen to your body

your body will let you know if/ when it feels like being trained.

ever get that feeling when your just chilling out and you just 'feel' like that is the time you should be in the gym, as opposed to whatever time you are supposed to train at later that day?

i used to ignore that feeling and tell myself that i'm not supposed to train for a couple more hours, that i have to eat 'x' amount first, etc. ever since i have started listening to it i have had some really, really good workouts.

same goes for days off- days when your not 'supposed' to train but just feel like you should be in there- like you could move a house. go- dont ignore that voice. thats your body's way of letting you know its ready to go.

i have had the opposite on days im supposed to train, where i feel like i would rather just relax, and i do. but you have to know the difference between being lazy, and really needing the break. its easy to confuse the two. workouts preceding this for me are usually always worth the extra day or so off.

i dont have a routine anymore. i put the same amount of emphasis on training all bodyparts but dont hold myself to the whole 'monday is my chest day' routine. whatever i feel like training most that day i do.

experiment and see what works best for you. in all, your own body will be the best gauge of how it prefers to be trained.

*disclaimer*

i wouldnt do this if you have just started training as i dunno if you'd really know how your body works, and how to listen to it, until you have put in a significant amount of time in the gym.

BFU

JasonWojo said:

i agree ,

i am currently doing the 3 way split , 4 times a week DC routine . that is all i can do . i don't want to do more . 1 set per body part and maybe an extra set to bring up weak points or an widowmaker at the end . if you do that routine and give it all , you are looking forward to the day off , instead of looking forward to going back to the gym ,LOL . sometimes , i even take an extra day off and still train more frequently than most of the guys in here and am better recovered as well , from that extra day off .

wake

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner