over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How frequently do you deadlift?

How often do you deadlift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did them every week for maybe 7-8 years then stopped a year and a half ago cold turkey. I just feel I'd get back problems if I continued.

i was pulling about every 4 days or so when i was natural...it went well with good gains but i soon got injured. Ive recovered completely, and now with gear i think i'll go back to it. But i think i'll maybe do heavy once and a while. mainly doing it for growth and contraction to avoid injury.

my main point, as long as you can recover and avoid injury do it up

Heavy low reps, every 14 days minimum.

A lot of routines have the lowbar squat as the meat and potatoes of training like 2 times a week and then the deadlift only 1 work set after squats on one or two of the days. That's just untill things get heavy. Then I don't know.
Ed coan has a podcast episode on markbells channel, haven't checked it out yet.

I'm going to have to admit that I lift on a machine as I find it puts me in a very natural comfortable strong position and I seen to get better gains than with free weight deads. With that little admission out the way I deaf lift about 2 out of 3 weeks depending how I feel. Always full on to failure. If I don't struggle getting out of bed next day I didn't hit it hard enough. Fucking love dead lift but it always seems to lead to a day of uncontrollable eating next day. Body gotta recover somehow I guess

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

One time a week in the off-season and to be honest very rarely dureing contest prep.
I suck at deadlifting i have short ass arms ,good for the bench but shitty for the deadlifts:(

Quit the bitching :p...I have small hands...they sucks for weight lifting.

I use to them once a week and start doing them twice a week for a long time (stiff legs and normal...ham and back). But I have been told to not do them anymore do to my shoulder.

I love deadlifts and they give amazing results but holy shit they suck. Nothing can suck the energy out of more than deadlift. Not even annoying ass babies and they can drain your life out of you.

I use to them once a week and start doing them twice a week for a long time (stiff legs and normal...ham and back). But I have been told to not do them anymore do to my shoulder.

I love deadlifts and they give amazing results but holy shit they suck. Nothing can suck the energy out of more than deadlift. Not even annoying ass babies and they can drain your life out of you.

Your right about the sucking of energy. Takes so much food to normalise the next day. I do tend to dead lift less towards end of cut as they make calorie deficit very uncomfortable

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

From the ground, never.

Rack deads right below the knees, every single back session. Every 5-7 days depending what program I am on at the time.

It worked pretty well for me.....:D

8days out2.JPG

You mean straight legs work the hams and the back more or Vica versa? Do you start your straight legs from the bottom Romanian style from the top? And on straight legs do you keep the bar very close to your body?
The worst part of deads are unloading and loading the bar from the floor. I hurt my back more doing that shit than the actual lift.

Any one dead sumo?

If I deadlift more than every 14 days or so, my lower back doesn't recover enough before squats tax it again. If it doesn't affect you that way, more would be better I think, I'd dead every week if I could. Instead on the alternate weeks I'll do full cleans, or 1-arm deadlifts, or rack pulls.

I just started playing with sumo deads. Think my body might be better suited to them, so maybe it'll help me up the frequency.

From the ground, never.

Rack deads right below the knees, every single back session. Every 5-7 days depending what program I am on at the time.

It worked pretty well for me.....:D

View attachment 67590

Nice back Mike.
L4, L5 and S1 injuries have ended my from the floor dead days forever but like Mike I will on rare occasion rack pull from the knee every once in a while. There is a look created by deads and rack pulls on the back that cannot be duplicated by any other back training

Once a week I try to alternate doing sumo one week and conventional another week. I always lift heavy but I switch rep schemes around. The second your form breaks down STOP and move on to the next exercise you'll have a lot less aches and pains. On compound exercises the key to not over doing it and getting injured is pushing as hard as you can with good form. Also with Deadlifts when your numbers start stalling out or dropping taking a good couple of weeks off from them.

what sets/reps scheme?

I always do them as the last movement of my back work out. Back is already fatigued and i don't have to go as heavy as i would if i did them in the beginning of the session. I will normally do 2 warm up sets then 3 working sets with in the rep range of 10-15 with rest pause sets included in those rep totals. This normally works out to be 6-10 on the first round set, followed by two rest pause rounds with in the 4-6 rep range. Hope that helps and made sense. Give them a shot.

Last edited:
I recently cut them out entirely, went back to basics and using paul carters base building program for beginners, focuses on squats and bench 2 times a week, along with pull ups, abs, and rows of sorts, so i can build my legs and back and after the program have enough for caryover to both presses and deads again down the road

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

I recently cut them out entirely, went back to basics and using paul carters base building program for beginners, focuses on squats and bench 2 times a week, along with pull ups, abs, and rows of sorts, so i can build my legs and back and after the program have enough for caryover to both presses and deads again down the road

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash
You dont consider deadlifting the basics? It doesn't get any more basic than picking something heavy up off the ground

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131