over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How frequently do you deadlift?

How often do you deadlift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I deadlift I do so every back workout. Eventually my body tells me enough and I stop for several weeks even a couple of months until I feel ready again. I'm not a power lifter at heart but do feel the deadlift is a great total body strength/mass builder and would not even consider not incorporating into my routine.

Twice a week, heavy conventional (triples) on back day and "light" stiff legged or some ham dominant variation on leg day.

Then there's rowing where I pick the bar from the floor, which I think adds to dl'ing, so...

You dont consider deadlifting the basics? It doesn't get any more basic than picking something heavy up off the ground

I do consider it a basic, BUT, i also believe that if ur back isnt already strong and neither r ur legs then it pays to bring ur back as well as ur squats up in order to properly deadlift, and once those r brought up it will assist in a stronger pull,

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

Twice a week, heavy conventional (triples) on back day and "light" stiff legged or some ham dominant variation on leg day.

Then there's rowing where I pick the bar from the floor, which I think adds to dl'ing, so...

What style are your straight leg deads? Contact with legs or weight out in front of you?

1 - 3x per week depending on my training block. It diff gives the body a certain thick look when one has been doing them consistently for years.

2 times a month

:cool:

Weekly but using alternating loads of medium weight, heavy weight, and speed work.

I made my best progress years ago deadlifting once a week, every Friday, 1 set to failure at the end of my workout.
Eventually, it did not take long, I was able to deadlift my entire York Olympic set (330 lbs?) for 20 reps. To put things
into perspective, at the time I weighed maybe 155lbs soaking wet.

For what it is worth, one thing I noticed, and others may have noticed this too, is that there is a direct correlation
between deadlifts and squats; meaning the more you can deadlift, the more you can squat. There seems to be a
symbiotic relationship / effect between the two. Though I was never much of a squatter, not for lack of desire or
practice (300 lbs once was about as good as it got), deads did help my squats.

My way

5'9''
202lbs
Deadlift 555lbd max rep (goal 600) 3Xbody weight

I deadlift once every week, I switch between high reps at 225 and next week a 6 ,4 , 4 , 2 and sometimes even a single.

I haven't played with rack pulls in a while, I may revisit those soon.
Anyone wanna throw some advice my way for the 45lb increase I'm looking for? btw I'm starting a Deca 400/Dbol 50ed/test E 550mg cycle in about 3 weeks.

Lift hard, Lift Often~!

Use deficit pulls for bottom end strength, and incorporate 1" and 4" block pulls as accessory movements. Should boost your strength quickly. Double paused deads are a great tool also.

Most of my deadlift strength gains can be attributed to insanely heavy kroc pulls. We're talking 150lb+ dumbbells pulled for 15-20 reps. Adds the thickness and lockout strength u need. If you're failing below the knee, gotta increase your hamstring strength.

Use deficit pulls for bottom end strength, and incorporate 1" and 4" block pulls as accessory movements. Should boost your strength quickly. Double paused deads are a great tool also.

When you guys deficit pull do you bend the knees much more or bend over more to accommodate the range of motion? Last time I tried them it was throwing off the setup on my shins and didn't know if I should let the bar drift forward more than usual.

It's a little of both actually, and no, don't let the bar drift forward more.. you still want to pull in the shortest distance possible. Initially, you'll have to squat a little lower. I usually use 1-1.5" deficits, but some do 4-6. Just play around with it.. you'll find your comfort zone.

Never! I have major disc problems from thinking that dead lifts and lifting heavy was important. I went from dead lifting almost 600lbs to not being able to bend over and pick up my 30lb son and I'm only 32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never! I have major disc problems from thinking that dead lifts and lifting heavy was important. I went from dead lifting almost 600lbs to not being able to bend over and pick up my 30lb son and I'm only 32.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad form? Curious how this came about.

It's a little of both actually, and no, don't let the bar drift forward more.. you still want to pull in the shortest distance possible. Initially, you'll have to squat a little lower. I usually use 1-1.5" deficits, but some do 4-6. Just play around with it.. you'll find your comfort zone.

Been playing with sumo as an accessory. Still using my back thou, not all anterior. Feels good on my hams and I get a nice stretch, I get this weird itching or got feeling in my right ham and hope that's not how a tear starts out. I'm actually much weaker at sumo, so I assume getting it higher should help somewhere?

On a side note, deadlift bars do not give more do they? My friend claimed they do, to make the lift easier. I thought that was Only Olympic bars to avoid the shock. I used a bar with a lot of give the other day and I was actually weaker because I'm used to pulling out of the bottom. I was under the impression they were stiffer.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131