over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How hard do The Pro's train ?

BurgerKing13

Registered
I have been lifting for a long time and often wonder how hard the pro bb's actually train day in and day out.
Are they killing it every single workout or some days getting thru the workout.
I have watched a few videos and it seems like the weights are heavy and the form is pretty loose with partial reps and momentum.
Just curious because I have always tried to put form first to get the most out of the targeted muscle and while trying to prevent injury.
Just curious, thank you everyone !

I think they train extremely hard and heavy pushing serious poundages (for the most part) to get to the pro level and then continue to do so as they up the dosages and move up in weight to be a competitive pro, but once you're close to maxed out in size, I think they back down on the weights and do a lot of volume training, especially to avoid injury, as the risk/reward gets increasingly greater.

That's like saying, HOW HARD DO WOMEN TRAIN? or HOW HARD DO 30 YEAR OLD MEN TRAIN?

Pros are individuals like you and I. You can't lump them all into one category of how hard they train. Some train harder than others.

Every pro at my gym busts their ass with every single workout I watch them do. They tend to do very high volume training. None of that DC crap. They go very heavy with perfect form for lots of exercises and higher reps, 12-20 minimum and often a hundred rep set thrown in on legs.

That's like saying, HOW HARD DO WOMEN TRAIN? or HOW HARD DO 30 YEAR OLD MEN TRAIN?

Pros are individuals like you and I. You can't lump them all into one category of how hard they train. Some train harder than others.

Every pro at my gym busts their ass with every single workout I watch them do. They tend to do very high volume training. None of that DC crap. They go very heavy with perfect form for lots of exercises and higher reps, 12-20 minimum and often a hundred rep set thrown in on legs.

THIS

every one is individual,
some might train with huge volume, some with lower volume, some with mainly compound lifts, others focusing on certain machines, some might go heavy as hell, some might go lighter, some might use super strict form, some might use looser form

e.g kevin levrone use to curl massive amounts of weight, phil heath curls light weights

dorian and ronnie coleman use to move some serious iron in compound lifts, kai greene and dexter jackson lift nowhere near what they do

my belief, each pro trains according to how hard he possibly can, and with a training style that he knows works for him

not everyone thinks having to vomit or have a blood nose after ur leg workout is a sign youve trained hard, everyones different

THIS

every one is individual,
some might train with huge volume, some with lower volume, some with mainly compound lifts, others focusing on certain machines, some might go heavy as hell, some might go lighter, some might use super strict form, some might use looser form

e.g kevin levrone use to curl massive amounts of weight, phil heath curls light weights

dorian and ronnie coleman use to move some serious iron in compound lifts, kai greene and dexter jackson lift nowhere near what they do

my belief, each pro trains according to how hard he possibly can, and with a training style that he knows works for him

not everyone thinks having to vomit or have a blood nose after ur leg workout is a sign youve trained hard, everyones different

I agree with this but i must say ive seen a few videos of kia moving some serious weight . 500 bench 315 shoulder press ect

Some train harder than others thats for sure, some diet harder than others, and some party harder than others.

As hard as we need to.

I agree with this but i must say ive seen a few videos of kia moving some serious weight . 500 bench 315 shoulder press ect

lol hahahaa yea , seen kai's bench videos with his bald trainer, beast in it out on 500

i think his trainer benchs the same as he does though lol, freaky

if you only ever watched "maryland muscle machine" you would think they trained hard and heavy. def my favorite bodybuilding movie.....besides pumping iron

His trainer was using much lighter weights than kai....not even close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

They train exactly the same as we do. All those work outs they do for the cameras is exactly that, for the cameras.

Two of my favorite pros are Evan Centopani & Fouad Abiad because they train like complete animals!

Mohammend Bennaziza ( guy that died competing in the 80s ..diuretics )
on of my friends once watched him train legs ...went to 60lbs on leg extentions and topped out at 225 on the squat ..and 3 plates on the leg press...LOL ..Chris Dickerson ( Mr oly 1982 almost never went above 225 ob squat in his later years , but could still go to 4 1/2 plates a side if he wanted

Mohammend Bennaziza ( guy that died competing in the 80s ..diuretics )
on of my friends once watched him train legs ...went to 60lbs on leg extentions and topped out at 225 on the squat ..and 3 plates on the leg press...LOL ..Chris Dickerson ( Mr oly 1982 almost never went above 225 ob squat in his later years , but could still go to 4 1/2 plates a side if he wanted

I wonder how these guys were able to maintain so much size with such light weight? I read that serge nubre bench 225 the first time he ever benched lol.
later on he was capable of benching 450 but hardly went over 205........just weird. then you got guys like mike o'hearn who is absolutely strong as hell! does 5x5 with 405 on incline and says as soon as he lightens his weights and adds reps he shrinks down to nothing fast

i would say it depends on the pro. some train hard and some are lazy. it just depends.

Nah guys, you don't know about pros.

They sleep pretty much all day for weeks, like hibernating... Until they have a photoshoot. Then they work out real hard until their veins pop out on video. Afterwards they hit a buffet and go back to sleep.:che:ky-sm

Sometimes i see pros like Phil heath don't seem like they workout very hard.

Trained around many pros and trained with some over the years.
Some trained hard and were very strong. Some trained very light and with not much intensity. Not sure why people think a pro trains any harder than an
amateur national guy. I trained with a pro bber in phoenix in 91 for a bit.
I absolutely buried him every workout. You know what he was the finished product and I was intensity and strength. He looked great and I looked
like well ---me. No where near his league as far as bbing.
I will say this I've been around plenty pros training over the years and
John Meadows training on his videos puts many many too shame .
John is not a pro but should be and will be. All pros do not train like that .
The more successful one's train hard and smart.
What did Lee haney say stimulate don't anililate? I think at the point of the game when they turn pro consistancy is a big factor.
Thanks, T

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members