advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How heavy are you curling on a regular basis?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
How many guys in here are regularly doing sets of 8+ reps of dumbbell curls with 60lbs in each hand?

How many are doing them with 70lb bells? 80lb bells?

We have any guys in here who are regularly using 85+lb bells in the gym for sets of 8+ reps?

Hammer db curls with decent form count as well as regular good form dumbbell curls

I train bis after back.. so they are already a bit fatigued.. I literally just grab a 35 dumbell and do slow reps to failure on a spider bench.. two sets ... the use the same dumbell and do 2 sets of hammer curls on the same bench. The reps depend on how slow I go. Sometimes I hit failure at 13 reps. Sometimes 10 if I do a 3 or 4 second negative and hold the contractions etc..

Always been strong at pressing, weak at curling. I use 35's with slow strict form. Most I ever DB incline pressed was 120s as gym didn't go higher. Although I press way more relative weight to my curl strength, my bi's pop more than my tris.

Early on i tore my bicep using a straight bar with 125# and gave those up. I worked up to 65's and did those for some time and could go a little heavier for hammer curls. But found a lighter weight with more control worked better for me.

There were times with curl preacher one arm DB from 40kg (about 85-90lbs) hammers from 110lbs per arm but it didn't give me anything in terms of grow. Now I curl my arms with 35-40lbs dumbbells doing a lot more volume, a lot more sets and reps and my arms are 10cm larger than when I trained them with heavy weights (of course seo here was a lot, but the training also had a huge impact on the overall progress)

There were times with curl preacher one arm DB from 40kg (about 85-90lbs) hammers from 110lbs per arm but it didn't give me anything in terms of grow. Now I curl my arms with 35-40lbs dumbbells doing a lot more volume, a lot more sets and reps and my arms are 10cm larger than when I trained them with heavy weights (of course seo here was a lot, but the training also had a huge impact on the overall progress)
I'm of the opinion that arms should be done with more time under tension and volume in terms of reps etc.. the arms are used heavily in presses and rows.. they get alot of stimulus by load from chest back shoulder. Why risk injury and overtraining with more heavy work ?.. train intense yes.. but give the connective tissue a break..

I'm of the opinion that arms should be done with more time under tension and volume in terms of reps etc.. the arms are used heavily in presses and rows.. they get alot of stimulus by load from chest back shoulder. Why risk injury and overtraining with more heavy work ?.. train intense yes.. but give the connective tissue a break..
Limbs seem to respond best to blood volume.

Why "either or"?

I warm up with light weight high reps, then I like to go heavy, then I finish off with lighter weight higher reps.

The heavy set isn't to make the muscle bigger, it's to make the muscle stronger so that I can use heavier weight for my higher rep sets, so that the muscle gets bigger.

Think: 4 sets of 12 with 35lbs vs. 4 sets of 12 with 55lbs. Which routine will make the muscle bigger?

Seems you want both heavy sets to increase strength and lighter sets to promote growth, so that your lights sets will be heavier and more productive

I do hammer curls with 65-70lbs for 8+ reps. Pretty strict form but I increase the momentum as I fatigue in the set. I recently changed my split and haven't really been doing any direct arm stuff but sometimes throw 2-3 sets in at the end of my back day.

The heavier and more intense my back work is the bigger my bis get.. some with tris and regards to chest press etc.. the arm work is short and sweet..

"regularly" , I generally start with dumbbell curls 20 , 30 , 40 in the 12-14 rep range with good form (45 are harder 12 reps) for warming up

I use an EZ bar for heavy weight movements leading to a big drop set.

Hammer curls over 40's really piss off my tennis elbow for I stay light and super strict on those.

The days of throwing up heavy weight for 6-8 reps just kept me in constant pain with beat up elbows inside and out

How many guys in here are regularly doing sets of 8+ reps of dumbbell curls with 60lbs in each hand?

How many are doing them with 70lb bells? 80lb bells?

We have any guys in here who are regularly using 85+lb bells in the gym for sets of 8+ reps?

Hammer db curls with decent form count as well as regular good form dumbbell curls
50s and 60s for supinated curls, I dunno what I can hammer, a LOT more but I do them last so I usually do 40s 3-5 sets to total failure which is usually my grip.

Used to curl 60s.. stopped that bullshit. My wrist and bicep tendons started to hurt.. now moderate weight with more tension and squeeze
35 years of heavy dumbbell and bar curls almost cost me permeant bicep tendinosis. Cutting back the weight
and worked on pumps with high reps instead helped get them back. I lucked out.

Ive really been liking seated EZ bar curls...Have the bench inclined all the way, chest high , take a wider thumbless grip and really make sure the weight is sitting on your biceps. 2-3 secs down and barely touch your thighs, explode up in 1 sec, keep back against the bench during set.... really loads the biceps nicely. Im doing 115 lbs for 10 reps

Ive really been liking seated EZ bar curls...Have the bench inclined all the way, chest high , take a wider thumbless grip and really make sure the weight is sitting on your biceps. 2-3 secs down and barely touch your thighs, explode up in 1 sec, keep back against the bench during set.... really loads the biceps nicely. Im doing 115 lbs for 10 reps
I love a single dumbbell on a incline bench when I curl the bar too much I get too right arm dominate plus on singles I get a better mind muscle connection with each arm.

Such a small muscle I would also agree with the volume. Something about the mind connection with a weight you can handle.
Slow down, breathe and make that little muscle do the work.

used to curl btween 6-8 reps with hardly any growth. Arms responded well eversince i move up to higher reps (12-15) with lotsa supersets, trisets... etc

do you feel like you got actual muscle growth or more sarcoplasmic growth....this is how I am not very big without pump but with pump i look fucking huge

used to curl btween 6-8 reps with hardly any growth. Arms responded well eversince i move up to higher reps (12-15) with lotsa supersets, trisets... etc
Volume, isolation, and connection better to do clean pumping sets with 30s than sling around 60s any day not just for growth but to protect joints as well

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear