over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How I reduced my Cholesterol number by 78 points in 2 months

hate to break it to you, but you didnt really improve your cholesterol much... except for the VLDL

absolute cholesterol numbers are irrelevant... a high LDL per se is not "dangerous", just like a low HDL alone isnt.

its the HDL to LDL ratio which matters.

you reduced your LDL by about 20%
and reduced your HDL by about 20% too.

thats no improvement at all actually
however whats good is that VLDL went down a whole lot. this is positive.

good job on fixing the other factors which were off too ;)

btw, drop the "chewable cholesterol blockers". that stuff is a scam...
the cholesterol you consume from food is pretty much irrelevant regarding your cholesterol levels. your body regulates cholesterol via different pathways.
cholesterol from food makes up 10% AT BEST of your blood cholesterol numbers... its completely irrelevant.
there are numerous studies on that if you look around ;)

the only things that help with cholesterol are citrus bergamot and niacin (nicotinic acid, not niacinamide!. in high dosages though (1-2g a day)). you can pretty much ditch everything else regarding cholesterol.

statins are shit too imo (including the red yeast rice stuff, you got that right ;) the "new" stuff does not even contain the statins anymore)

Good points. But remember the VAP that I had done there was when I was middle of the road at 235 total. Even though I didn't have a VAP done on my last one when the total is 197 the doc said he was sure that the other levels (especially VLDL-3) showed an improvement.

Basically what he told me was that at the second test (235) the only thing that he was worried about was the VLDL-3 being a 13. He said it needed to be under 10. But without a VAP test when my levels was 275 and when my levels was 197, it is hard to really see the changes. That the biggest concern nowdays with cholesterol was not the levels, but the particle size and their %.

My doc is very good. Former BBer and now a triathlete at 56 years old. (And he has cholesterol issues as well so I know he has first hand experience with dealing with it). Basically what he told me to keep in mind for the future :

1 - Getting blood work regularly is a good thing, but always get the VAP test down too. If you choose the little $52 cholestrol lipid test from PrivateMDLabs like I did on the first and third test, you are just wasting your money because it is not telling you everything. Pay the extra $ and get ALL the info. Better to have it and don't need it, than to need it and don't have it.

2 - Cholesterol studies now are focusing more on particle size and percentages than they are on overall cholesterol numbers.

3 - Statins themselves are changing. He is working with Pfizer on a new injectible cholesterol medication that you take once every two weeks and it eliminates all the sides (like the morning leg pains, etc..) that everyone suffers from now with things like Lipitor. He said there are 3 companies out there making this injection but it is all the same thing. He recommends Pfizer for no other reason than he is involved with their research, he is on it himself and his patients are able to get it free.

He said that he is confident that I am in good shape but just to make sure I have to go and get a chest scan that will revel any build up in my arteries. $80 (insurance doesn't cover it) is not a lot of money for something that could detect future problems.

hate to break it to you, but you didnt really improve your cholesterol much... except for the VLDL

absolute cholesterol numbers are irrelevant... a high LDL per se is not "dangerous", just like a low HDL alone isnt.

its the HDL to LDL ratio which matters.

you reduced your LDL by about 20%
and reduced your HDL by about 20% too.

thats no improvement at all actually
however whats good is that VLDL went down a whole lot. this is positive.

good job on fixing the other factors which were off too ;)

btw, drop the "chewable cholesterol blockers". that stuff is a scam...
the cholesterol you consume from food is pretty much irrelevant regarding your cholesterol levels. your body regulates cholesterol via different pathways.
cholesterol from food makes up 10% AT BEST of your blood cholesterol numbers... its completely irrelevant.
there are numerous studies on that if you look around ;)

the only things that help with cholesterol are citrus bergamot and niacin (nicotinic acid, not niacinamide!. in high dosages though (1-2g a day)). you can pretty much ditch everything else regarding cholesterol.

statins are shit too imo (including the red yeast rice stuff, you got that right ;) the "new" stuff does not even contain the statins anymore)

PS - thanks for the info on the cholesterol blockers. I will drop those. What brand of Niacin would you recommend? I was using the Vitamin Shoppe brand. The same one in this link here.

**broken link removed**

PS - thanks for the info on the cholesterol blockers. I will drop those. What brand of Niacin would you recommend? I was using the Vitamin Shoppe brand. The same one in this link here.

**broken link removed**

ill see if i can get a VAP test here in the EU too, good recommendation... i always went by the hdl:ldl ratio and total vldl number ... here they dont even test hdl:ldl explicitly if you dont insist on it, just total cholesterol... docs are way behind.

DONT get the sustained release !
there are two forms of niacin:
niacinamide and nicotinic acid. the former is USELESS for cholesterol
this brand most likely contains niacinamide though.

real nicotinic acid (the one you want to increase HDL) flushes you badly when you take 500mg+ at once...
thats how you can tell if you got the right one... your face/torso will turn bright red shortly after you take it.

id also recommend you to get it in powder form... i think in the US supplement prices are much lower than here anyway, but in the EU it really makes a difference. stuff is not cheap in the dosages you need.

you need 500mg to 1gram once to thrice daily to get the cholesterol benefits.
i take about 800mg twice daily.
also look up the studies on niacin effects on growth hormone. might use it to an advantage here aswell :)

Just got a good buddy of mine to purchase some citrus bergemont. He was impressed with my cholesterol numbers after taking it for about 6-9months now

Where I live they only check for hdl or ldl. Never at them same time. And they don't check particle size either. I've been using niacin for a while. I have to import it because you can't buy it here. I buy the powder and just measure a small spoon full with my morning beverage. Within 30 minutes I look like a cooked lobster. Freaks the native out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I live they only check for hdl or ldl. Never at them same time. And they don't check particle size either. I've been using niacin for a while. I have to import it because you can't buy it here. I buy the powder and just measure a small spoon full with my morning beverage. Within 30 minutes I look like a cooked lobster. Freaks the native out.

Wow. You can't order it and have it shipped?

Wow. You can't order it and have it shipped?

Yes you can order from Amazon but is very expensive. You can't go to the drug store and buy it. They give you that weird look every time. I order it from the USA and have a family member mail it to me. It's much more economical that way and I get a whole lot more.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner