advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How important do you believe the pump is?

"You don't need muscles or strength to attract women"
You are lying to yourself if you think trying to get shredded and bodybuilding has nothing to do with wanting others to admire your appearance.
Seems a bit odd to paraphrase something, but then also put it in quotation marks. But yeah like I said twice already. I was already married and my wife never cared about me being muscular. So no that’s not why I started lifting.

Coincidentally I told my girl yesterday about my plans for this bulk and she told me she doesn’t want me to get bigger. Actually not the first time I’ve heard that either. So apparently I’m actually doing the opposite of women want.

Now, take a slow, deep breath. Relax. Remember everyone is different. You have your own reason. And that’s ok. Doesn’t have to be everyone else’s. Goosfraba

Anyone who thinks women like BBers is absolutely delusional. That, or they've personally never seen a BBer in the offseason. 300lbs, sweaty, smelly, get winded walking a flight of steps... Bodybuilding is a personal reward. Nothing socially rewarding.

No woman wants to get naked with a guy that's 10x as ripped as she is. And the few that do, need to feel "safe" and need a big dude to feel protected (they're damaged). Don't kid yourself.

So don't mash up what I do in the gym because I need to pull some tail. A 120lb methhead gets more "luvin" than a 290lb BBer.

Hide your freakishness in any way you can. Don't go for the v-neck t-shirt. Cover all that up. YOU be big. Not your body. Women can see right through that shit. Make that a sort of a surprise bonus.

Bc if you advertise with that? Your "eligibility"? Buy some Jergens. They don't call it Jergins for nothing.

Anyone who thinks women like BBers is absolutely delusional. That, or they've personally never seen a BBer in the offseason. 300lbs, sweaty, smelly, get winded walking a flight of steps... Bodybuilding is a personal reward. Nothing socially rewarding.

No woman wants to get naked with a guy that's 10x as ripped as she is. And the few that do, need to feel "safe" and need a big dude to feel protected (they're damaged). Don't kid yourself.

So don't mash up what I do in the gym because I need to pull some tail. A 120lb methhead gets more "luvin" than a 290lb BBer.

Hide your freakishness in any way you can. Don't go for the v-neck t-shirt. Cover all that up. YOU be big. Not your body. Women can see right through that shit. Make that a sort of a surprise bonus.

Bc if you advertise with that? Your "eligibility"? Buy some Jergens. They don't call it Jergins for nothing.

This. It's a bell shaped curve. As the 120lb 5'10 Man discovers the gym and protein and makes his quest towards 170-180 he will probably become more appealing to woman.

Then as he makes his quest towards a 250lb sloppy guy to feel big, or he has success in his quest to be 250 ripped, he is actually hurting his chances with women.

This doesn't mean he realizes he is hurting his chances maybe he still feels he is helping them. Also as he begins to need to rely on pills or potentially caverject, he is really hurting his chances.

Same in reverse. As someone goes from 20% to 9% they help their chance's. As they get down to 6 percent now they are hurting them.

There have been studies on this and women will tell the same. Often it's chalked up to "oh well they are lying they just don't want a dude that looks better than them."

I think both camps are wrong and right in the very same time
Camp 1: pump is all it matters
Camp 2 : NO!! Progressive overload is the key
I believe that you need have TWO at the same time to get true benefit.

I think both camps are wrong and right in the very same time
Camp 1: pump is all it matters
Camp 2 : NO!! Progressive overload is the key
I believe that you need have TWO at the same time to get true benefit.
Agree. I think the only debate debate should be how to structure training. Some routines have a day for a part where you go heavy followed by pump work. Then programs like fortitude you have a heavy upper, then a pump work upper. So you separate the types of training

For about a year I trained fasted. I actually got a better pump than with a normal high carb pre workout meal. Can anyone explain how this makes sense?
All the blood was busy doing other things?

I like to go for big pumps. Has nothing to do with aesthetics at all. Improves intramuscular vascularity and CNS pathways, stretches fascia. A pump is telling you that your body is taking a break from it's regularly scheduled programming to deliver everything it possibly can to hungry muscle. Then after a couple months you can switch up to heavier load weight training and add poundage nicely and hit some new PRs bc you laid a good foundation for growth.

Functional muscle performance is as important as look and size unless you're competing. Then it's about as much of everything as possible while still being able to walk.

Agree. I think the only debate debate should be how to structure training. Some routines have a day for a part where you go heavy followed by pump work. Then programs like fortitude you have a heavy upper, then a pump work upper. So you separate the types of training
Ketones. Almost just as good.

Seems a bit odd to paraphrase something, but then also put it in quotation marks. But yeah like I said twice already. I was already married and my wife never cared about me being muscular. So no that’s not why I started lifting.

Coincidentally I told my girl yesterday about my plans for this bulk and she told me she doesn’t want me to get bigger. Actually not the first time I’ve heard that either. So apparently I’m actually doing the opposite of women want.

Now, take a slow, deep breath. Relax. Remember everyone is different. You have your own reason. And that’s ok. Doesn’t have to be everyone else’s. Goosfraba
"Not needing muscles to attract women" =\= "muscles aren't attractive to women"

"My wife says she doesn't want me to get bigger" =/= "my wife won't find my muscles more attractive when they are bigger"

"I'm happy with my wife and not looking to cheat on her" =/= "I don't care whether I look good for other people" or "I don't like when people find me attractive "

But keep lying to yourself bro man

The greatest and the most satisfying feeling in the world...is the pump! It's like cumming, I'm cumming everyday. It iz fawntawstic aoww

"My wife says she doesn't want me to get bigger" =/= "my wife won't find my muscles more attractive when they are bigger"

"I'm happy with my wife and not looking to cheat on her" =/= "I don't care whether I look good for other people" or "I don't like when people find me attractive "

This is getting pretty weird. This thread was about getting a pump. But you seem to be very fixated on me, and specifically why I started lifting weights. Surely there must be better things for you to obsess about? Maybe stay offline for a while and get some fresh air. It doesn’t effect your life in any way why some other man on a forum is lifting weights.

I have nothing to lie to myself, or anyone else about. I just never cared about fitness, and trying to be muscular never crossed my mind. Especially not to impress anyone. I was diagnosed with a severe bipolar disorder. From a young age I had long bouts of extreme depression, among other neurodiverse issues, which caused many problems in my life. I had tried many approaches to decreasing the symptoms, but without much long term success. Over the years many people had suggested to me that regular exercise may help because of the dopamine release, and the benefit of having a routine, goals, etc. But I always brushed it off, as I had no interest in it and doubted that it would make much of a difference.

I was at a point where I had reached a very low state once again. Terrible sleeping patterns, bad diet, use of alcohol, complete lack of motivation, very low energy and so on. Out of pure desperation wanting to do something that would maybe finally make me feel better, I got a gym membership. The rest was pretty much history. Of course it didn’t cure me. But I did feel much better. My sleep, mood, energy, everything improved. I fell in love with training. Became obsessed with it even. Started learning as much as I could and just wanted to take it as far as I could take it. The more progress I made, the better I felt. Everything just went from there.

Now you can put your mind at ease my friend. No need for any more mental gymnastics and trying to convince yourself of your own made up reasonings for my fitness journey. Each man is on his own path in life. All of us with unique backgrounds and life experiences. Whether you were the fat kid who got bullied, the athletic guy who got injured in a sport and switched to lifting, or your dad took you to the gym from a young age, it led us all here. To find others who share a passion for training and learn from each other.

I think as long as the set goes to close to c ok molete failure, whether it's 3,2,1 reps close to failure, whether it's 25 reps or 10. I do think heavier weight can build more, past 6 reps, but it's been shown going to failure, or close to it,on a 20 rep set, is equally as effective as going closw to failure with heaviwr weights and ten reos.

After twenty years of lifting I'm staying on the safer side, higher reps. Not to say I won't do a set of 6-8 reps but it's not common as previously.

You need to quit projecting your insecurities and other shit onto others. Plain and simple. I'm a good-looking dude. I'm getting laid with or without muscle. What I do in the gym is for me. Obviously we're not the same.

I will be 52 next month. Been training for 35 years consistently. At this point and time in my training the pump is everything. It’s how i gauge my workout. I like to get a pump in the muscle as fast as i can and just hold it there. Lately i have been taking one big basic exercise per bodypart (example hammer strength chest press) and just killing it. 10-15 sets of 10-15 reps. Nothing heavy. Just getting blood in the muscle. Just my way of doing things.

Just getting blood in the muscle. Just my way of doing things.
Yeah I think it’s important for the “beat the logbook” guys to keep in mind, there comes a point when you either can’t, or just don’t want to add weight to the bar. Otherwise we’d all be benching 1000 lbs. We know adding weight to the bar works. But at some point your strength is going to cap out or your joints will.

Yeah I think it’s important for the “beat the logbook” guys to keep in mind, there comes a point when you either can’t, or just don’t want to add weight to the bar. Otherwise we’d all be benching 1000 lbs. We know adding weight to the bar works. But at some point your strength is going to cap out or your joints will.
Yes Sir💪🏻

I've worked out fasted in the past and experienced some decent pumps. I think you still manage to get a pump fasted is because just because you haven't eaten for a few hours doesn't mean you are depeleted. Your muscles are still loaded with glycogen from previous meals (unless on keto, or very low carb and in a deficeit). Also, could be the case (as it was for me a few times), once you adjust to being fasted you tend to actually have better workouts as you don't feel as sluggish. Myself I used to have a coffee or two and be ready to go, feeling energetic. More energy, harder workouts, lest rest, more pumps is my broscience guess.
Exactly. Your glycogen stores are not going to suddenly disappaer after an overnight fast...you may feel more pumped when you workout in a fed state because Insulin exerts a vasodilatory effect in skeletal muscle tho.

A pump doesn't mean having to use light weights.

You can get a pump on a bodypart using heavy weights and going to failure.

Let's say bench pressing to failure.
You can bench press 315lbs engaging your chest and do 8 reps to failure and get a huge pump in your pecs.
You can bench press 315lbs to complete failure but instead of engaging chest, you are just using whatever you need to move the weight. No pump or not much pump in the chest.

What I think Mike means, instead of just moving weight, not feelign a pump in the muscle you worked, but "hey you moved that weight for 10 reps, so have to increase the weight"; Its more important to actually feel the target muscle having worked, and the simplest way is to feel it pumped. Too many people focus on "getting stronger" even though they are barely working the target muscle.

Increasing the weight should not be the be-all and end-all goal of a bodybuilder. Hypertrophy of a muscle should be.
And yes, you can work a muscle, fill it with blood and get skin splitting pumps and progress in weight from workout to workout. It's not one or the other.

But if you go and have a chest day or a back day, and you don't feel the slighest pump in your pecs, or your lats, I wouldn't consider it a productive bodybuilding workout.
Totally agree here 👍

Iv had several people tell me I look like a completky different person pumped. So it’s still working and it’s still important. How relevant the pump is to growth I couldn’t really say but Iv always trained untill I was adequately pumped and when my pump starts to fade I’m done training .

crazy pumps but not from 4x20 unless specific reasoning requires that

i only get to gym like 2x per week now, so i go heavy af, slow n and i am more sore than ever, and seem to be growing some how some way

most likely via the variables and technique and methods implemented in interim

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner