advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How important is a chiropractor for an athlete?

I personally think chiro's are bunk. They never alleviated my lower back pain. Nothing that a few days of rest and some aspirin didn't fix.

I say that with all due respect to previous posters, they had bigger problems than I did. But damn, I was in some serious pain also.

Sorry you had a negative result. I work with a wonderful chiropractor that has helped many, saved many from surgery, and even closer to me he helped Asteelz have normal workouts again. Unfortunately, your experience is common, because there are many chiros that are duds. They want to milk your insurance, put you on a program, try to sell you creams, pills, and orthotics.

I've been a treatment therapist for 16 years. If you can find a good one, you'll get it. Why it works. How you can relieve pain, spasm, limited range of motion, nerve impingement, and just stay well and mobile.

I went to the same chiropractor for 2 years and when my benefits from work stopped (lost my job) i decided to take a break for a while, its been 2 years and even tho I have the same benefits now, I dont go anymore.

The reason I did was because nothing hurt for those 2 years and my neck pain (very mild but annoying) went away.

I thought I would try it like the pro's to get an edge, yeah right :eek: NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever.

I stick with RMT for deep tissue massage or ART.

No disrespect to anyone that swears by them, I just dont see the return on my investment.

I feel I got the most benefit because I combined 11sh11s tissue work and the chiro working on my spine simultaneously.

I go once every two weeks now because of my lower back and it does help me. They put me on a traction table, think that's what it is called, that pulls me apart like the old torture device "the rack". It helps me a lot. He also does a bit on manipulation on me but not much. At home I have an inversion table that I use once a day on days that I lift.

I went one time only because I got rear ended in a car accident and couldn't stand up straight...Went in he did his thing and I walked out with no pain...Only experience I've had...

Well...I am a chiro and have posted quite a bit a about my profession.I have posted on what to look for in a chiro,red flags etc..

You need to first understand what a chiropractor can a cannot do. They ARE NOT moving bones!! if anything please understand that. Restoring range of motion, reducing inflammation and getting pressure off of nerves etc..(again not by moving bones).You will NEVER see a change in bone alignment on imaging post adjustment.

I don't have time to get into all of this again but the profession is so divided with parts that are radical with misinformation based on hundred year old theory. Others that are science based and truly know their limits and capabilities(those are the ones to go to).Some that don't care,dont even practice chiropractic and will incorporate anything for more billing codes and just out for $$$$.And some that I don't know how they are even licensed!!I know people that fall into each of these categories.

I can elaborate more if anyone has specific questions. We have discussed this quite a bit on here already.

I go once every two weeks now because of my lower back and it does help me. They put me on a traction table, think that's what it is called, that pulls me apart like the old torture device "the rack". It helps me a lot. He also does a bit on manipulation on me but not much. At home I have an inversion table that I use once a day on days that I lift.

Yes, traction has good success lumbar region.Cervical and thoracic not as much.

Being a Concreter for more than 25 yrs I can tell you they saved me from the knife more than once! More than 20 X's.
Firm believer, there is no denying it works!!!
Plus my new chiro does acupuncture w electric stimulas to release bound up muscle which pulls on skeletal structures.

Last edited:
been going to the same chiro on/off for about 8 years. He has helped me tremendously. Does hands on adjustments then I go over to a muscle/heat stimulation machine and has me doing stretching/exercising at home. Doesn't try to sell me anything; go 2x per month.

chiros arent doctors. its complete bullshit. thats like saying hey, u can cure arthritis by cracking yr knuckles.
i had a torn rhomboid and the chiro said it was a sublixated rib. idiot. and his mashing on me tore it worse.
not to mention the lower back pain that got worse after he bent and jerke me. l
but go ahead and think it works. placebo effect is strong in some people/.

Chiropractors and physical therapists (pt's) are awesome. However, I have had the best results BY FAR from an old Chinese guy who lives near me. He works for free and is found wandering around the park near the beach (literally like a real life Mr. Miagi). I had tendinitis in my elbows from heavy bench and squats for over a year. My PCP couldn't help me with shit, but she sucks anyways so that was no surprise. I saw this guy ONCE and he fixed my elbow pain. I haven't had any pain at all and he only worked on my once! It hurt like hell while he was doing whatever it is he did and was extremely sore the next day. It wasn't a tendinitis type of sore though, it was more like the type of sore you get in your muscles the day after lifting. After about a week of letting it heal and applying Tiger Balm to each elbow every day, they were better. Honest to God. Eastern Medicine is 100% legit.

I went for a little while after some car accidents...

I felt it made me more injury prone.

when they checked my out they noticed I was crooked in a few different ways.

I think my body has just adapted to this. lol

This was my experience exactly. Had an accident and did almost 3-4 months of 2 times a week visits. He did x-rays and started some treatments. My back was in more pain once a I left and felt much more pain there after. I too felt I was more injury prone. Once I stopped the visits I was able to do alot more in alot less pain.

And you Trust A DR.???
They call it a Practice for a reason, and the # 3 cause of death is malpractice.
Plus the more they think may be wrong the more treatment and more Money in there pockets but only if you have insurance.
Normally with no insurance they find nothing wrong.lol
Most Dr's are a scam!! I'm clingingly Obese and need to loose weight and exercise....LMFOA

a lot of good points brought up.

I do like the idea, don't get me wrong.
I think a big part is finding the right person.
I def did not, dude was more interested in banking insurance money then much else.

I went to a guy who was supposed to be this Chinese medicine guru more recently.... referred to me form a martial arts professional..

again same feelings on my end.

I think much of dealing with these various injuries is on us in our day to day behavior and adding rom stuff and pc stuff to workouts. doing that on your own in a professional way is key to longevity.

I would love to find a real pro in this but like docs im not holding my breath.

not saying good ones aren't out there, I just a lotta work to find them. lol

;)

a lot of good points brought up.

I do like the idea, don't get me wrong.
I think a big part is finding the right person.
I def did not, dude was more interested in banking insurance money then much else.

I went to a guy who was supposed to be this Chinese medicine guru more recently.... referred to me form a martial arts professional..

again same feelings on my end.

I think much of dealing with these various injuries is on us in our day to day behavior and adding rom stuff and pc stuff to workouts. doing that on your own in a professional way is key to longevity.

I would love to find a real pro in this but like docs im not holding my breath.

not saying good ones aren't out there, I just a lotta work to find them. lol

;)

Unfortunately this is very true.I wouldn't let any of my family or friends just walk into any office for care.

chiros arent doctors. its complete bullshit. thats like saying hey, u can cure arthritis by cracking yr knuckles.
i had a torn rhomboid and the chiro said it was a sublixated rib. idiot. and his mashing on me tore it worse.
not to mention the lower back pain that got worse after he bent and jerke me. l
but go ahead and think it works. placebo effect is strong in some people/.

What you are describing is called MALPRACTICE. If you had a diagnosed and documented tear and then received chiropractic care and the severity of the injury worsened? That is malpractice!! period.

Do you have pre and post imaging proving this? or this your opinion based on pain etc..? Did you go to a chiropractor knowing you have a torn rhomboid?

It isn't a treatment for all conditions however. It wont cure a torn rhomboid but could relieve some strain on the area due to a number of other problems/imbalances etc...

To say the whole profession is "bullshit" and /or the same as compared to cracking your knuckles is insulting ,naïve and an uneducated statement. The profession isn't based on "placebo effect".

again, as I said a above there are really good chiros and total radical whack jobs. Very divided profession as far as philosophies and practice.

"chiros arent doctors" well after 8 years of school you earn a degree and are a Doctor of Chiropractic. I hear that a lot and dentists get that as well. It Doesn't bother me as it is usually from uneducated people that have no idea about the educational system. They don't know a bachelors from a masters from an AA etc...lol I always just say I am a chiropractor when asked. The whole doctor thing doesn't mean anything to me,lol.

Good day to you sir

Last edited:
I have had a lot of injuries and broke my neck so it is a must I get adjustments and deep tissue work.

Guys...

What you are describing is called MALPRACTICE. If you had a diagnosed and documented tear and then received chiropractic care and the severity of the injury worsened? That is malpractice!! period.

Do you have pre and post imaging proving this? or this your opinion based on pain etc..? Did you go to a chiropractor knowing you have a torn rhomboid?

It isn't a treatment for all conditions however. It wont cure a torn rhomboid but could relieve some strain on the area due to a number of other problems/imbalances etc...

To say the whole profession is "bullshit" and /or the same as compared to cracking your knuckles is insulting ,naïve and an uneducated statement. The profession isn't based on "placebo effect".

again, as I said a above there are really good chiros and total radical whack jobs. Very divided profession as far as philosophies and practice.

"chiros arent doctors" well after 8 years of school you earn a degree and are a Doctor of Chiropractic. I hear that a lot and dentists get that as well. It Doesn't bother me as it is usually from uneducated people that have no idea about the educational system. They don't know a bachelors from a masters from an AA etc...lol I always just say I am a chiropractor when asked. The whole doctor thing doesn't mean anything to me,lol.

Good day to you sir

say what you want, but if you find a GOOD chiro that is NOT in it for the money but because they actually want to HELP people you will be amazed, i hate typing so im not going to tell you my stories but i will tell you this, my chiro got me back to work and walking normally again within a few days and for much less money than my PCP wanted for almost no good info, my chiro was recomended to me by a close friend and now i know why, i was going every week for a while and now i only have to go once a month and i work construction and have been a gymrat for 24 years now and have had 2 motorcycle wrecks, dont tell me they dont help ! I swear if not for my chiro i would probly have a script for pain meds for years and still be miserable!

I went to a chiropractor years ago for low back pain. Sciatic pain going down my left leg. It was from an injury at work. I went about 2 or 3 times a week for probably a few months. To be honest , I didn't get much relief from it. Plus it was about $30 a visit, with insurance. I felt like I wasn't getting enough relief for the money I was paying. Then I discovered inversion. And OMG ,what a difference. That helps more than anything I had tried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Professional Muscle mobile app

We discussed this back when it happened. Unfortunately this is a vey rare possibility with a cervical rotation move called "rotary break". I believe they now call it something else in schools. We were taught it was a 1 in a million chance of tear, stroke etc if appropriate pre testing was NOT done.100% safe if tests were performed. These tests weed out those that should not be adjusted with this move. Problem is chiros get lazy and over confident once out of the academic clinical setting and the overly cautious attitude/practice is disregarded.

This is what happened with this model. It could have been avoided and a lawsuit will be filed. A chiro that reviews the case and is a professional witness will expose this lack of caution/procedure in court.

One thing to add is malpractice for a chiropractor is only a couple hundred dollars in some states and a few grand in others. Not like MDs and other health care providers as this doesn't happen much and honestly should NEVER happen. But you always have wreck less/irresponsible ones in all professions.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws