advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how important is supplemental BCAA powder?

AlphaMaleDawg

Banned
Do you guys take BCAA powder between meals or do you pretty much just rely on the BCAAs you get out of whey protein?

Has anyone noticed a change in physique based on taking extra BCAAs?

I'm a fan of BCAAs. One of the few supps that I think are worth it. BCAAs are most valuable, IMO, when dieting down to maintain lean mass. When your carbs/cals are low I feel the BCAAs operate as a sacrificial fuel substrate, so that your body uses the BCAAs and fat as fuel, and spares lean mass.

BCAA's/ECAA's have really helped me hold onto LBM while dieting.

BCAAs good....EAAs BETTER..

JM

I'm gonna get torn apart for asking this but why?

From what i have read, BCAAs are handy at certain times because of their faster rate of absorption and Leucine (1 of the BCAAs) is responsible for optimising protein synthesis. As long as your diet has enough protein from complete protein sources, then is there any need for supplementing with EAAs over BCAAs?

Last edited:
bcaa

ive started to take bcaas' right after working out with carbs then 20 min later protein and more carbs. It helped with mass in beginning but lately ive not been able to put on as much mass but strength keeps improving so for me id say i like bcaa then protein and carbs 20 min later

I love BCAA's/EAA's in the morning with breakfast and again in the afternoon in my preworkout mixture. Defiantly think it makes a difference when dieting though for sure.

depends on what type of diet you are running. I cant use them on keto because leucine kicks me out.

Leucine kicks you out of ketosis?

well maybe i said it wrong, it causes some insulin to release and ill stop dropping weight, i cut it out and low and behold, i keep dropping. some people are very touchy on keto and the smallest thing can kick you out but my training partner on the other hand, can eat 200g carbs/day and still be in ketosis :mad::(

Last edited:
Sorry for questioning bro...i just wondered why you thought leucine would take you out of ketosis because if anything, it'd promote it

Sorry for questioning bro...i just wondered why you thought leucine would take you out of ketosis because if anything, it'd promote it

no no its great, I WISH I could use it more. but if I slam 2 scoops of xtend, my blood sugars go up(this is coming out of a fast in AM and empty stomach cardio so zero food is involved). maybe its the combo of the 3 bcaas? shit I dunno. alri's chained out supposedly doesnt raise blood sugars. if anyone has any input that would be great. for the reasons ive listed is why palumbo doesnt advocate the use bcaas on his diet.

well maybe i said it wrong, it causes some insulin to release and ill stop dropping weight, i cut it out and low and behold, i keep dropping. some people are very touchy on keto and the smallest thing can kick you out but my training partner on the other hand, can eat 200g carbs/day and still be in ketosis :mad::(

200g of carbs/day and remain in ketosis? I'm not an expert at all on the subject, but i have to doubt that

no no its great, I WISH I could use it more. but if I slam 2 scoops of xtend, my blood sugars go up(this is coming out of a fast in AM and empty stomach cardio so zero food is involved). maybe its the combo of the 3 bcaas? shit I dunno. alri's chained out supposedly doesnt raise blood sugars. if anyone has any input that would be great. for the reasons ive listed is why palumbo doesnt advocate the use bcaas on his diet.

It's my understanding that this will be down to the other amino acids in xtend. Leucine is a ketogenic amino acid. It is unable to convert to glucose.

200g of carbs/day and remain in ketosis? I'm not an expert at all on the subject, but i have to doubt that

ive seen it first hand on keto strips he was in keto. his body just burned through it. and the breath on it you cant deny LOL. again keto is so touchy depending on the person. if i take in 20g's yes TWENTY grams just trace carbs thats in peanut butter/walnuts/almonds, ill get kicked out.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws