YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How likely is it to become insulin dependent?

anabolicscuba

Registered
How likely is it to become insulin dependent (diabetic)?

I've have read and studied the use of insulin quite a bit over the past couple years. I obviously know the short term danger of coma and death but am actually more concerned about becoming insulin dependent (diabetic). I'm pretty sure I understand the proper protocol well enough to avoid going hypo and dying. So my real question is - how likely do you guys think it is accidently become a diabetic from insulin use if keep to short runs of 3-4 weeks used say 3 or 4 times a week tops?

Last edited:
This is the fear that has kept me away from insulin thus far. Interested to hear an answer.

So my real question is - how likely do you guys think it is accidently become a diabetic from insulin use if keep to short runs of 3-4 weeks used say 3 or 4 times a week tops?

my question is the same of yours except 'the subject'
or better can u become diabetic from insulin releasers use and stuff as glipizide?

was also wondering. started last mnth and was taking 5days a wk once or twice a day but was worried on dependance so cut to wkouts only..also worried about tollerance started at 2iu and now worked up to 20iu....

was also wondering. started last mnth and was taking 5days a wk once or twice a day but was worried on dependance so cut to wkouts only..also worried about tollerance started at 2iu and now worked up to 20iu....

what stuff do u use after ran slin in order to jump-start your own release? glipizide?

Youd have to use 80+ius ed of slin to get dependent. Typical BBing use wont do it.

so would 20iu be a fine dosage..I take in 150carbs post wkout with 75 protein then eat 1hr later..havnt felt hypo and dont hold fat easily..humilin-r preworkout?

Youd have to use 80+ius ed of slin to get dependent. Typical BBing use wont do it.

what about glipizide? i.e. what about its half-life and what about run it after insulin cycles? is it a good idea use it in order to strengthen own slin release?

some people may disagree but my opinion:

it is not very likely to become insulin dependant but i would take care and always keep following in mind:

rather use rapid acting insulin (i.e. humalog (lispro) which is more common in europe than in US... ) because it is so fast acting your body won't even "notice" that additional 8-15 IU

- never use 2 much slin... rather switch application time... (pre workout seems to be 2-3x as effective as post workout)

- check fasting blood glucose every once in a while (you should know yours before you start with insulin anyways) if you notice a significant raise (10-15++) stop using slin for a while until it comes down again...

- i -personally- would never use more than 8 IU of slin...

Good advice house. What is your thought on how long to run it before taking a break? So for example lets say I use it 3-4 times a week preworkout, after 4-5 weeks should I stop for a month or two? Interested to hear what you think on this.

Good advice house. What is your thought on how long to run it before taking a break? So for example lets say I use it 3-4 times a week preworkout, after 4-5 weeks should I stop for a month or two? Interested to hear what you think on this.

well ... you should check your fasting blood glucose and stop if it raises... and it will go up eventually then it will be time 2 stop 4 you until it comes down again.

To add....I don't know why people think they need a mega ton of insulin...It seems people try to work their way up to 8-10ius as quick as possible....I've used 2-5ius for extended periods of time (3 months straight) pre wo only...and had great fairly continuous results.... when I stopped it i was fine...checking fasting BG levels as housel mentioned is a must.....

you are more likely to get diabetes from a crappy diet......throw insulin on top of that and it gets magnified! keep that in mind. read about what diets cause diabetes.

To add....I don't know why people think they need a mega ton of insulin...It seems people try to work their way up to 8-10ius as quick as possible....I've used 2-5ius for extended periods of time (3 months straight) pre wo only...and had great fairly continuous results.... when I stopped it i was fine...checking fasting BG levels as housel mentioned is a must.....

you re also supporting what ive said before..

pre WO Slin is way better than post...you may need just 1/3 of PWO slin to get the same results..

What kind of results have you had if any?

A lot guys wonder why they get fat.....using 10-20ius 2 to even 3 times a day...eating tons of carbs.....taking insulin everyday.....that's a surefire way to get fat and very insulin insensitive...
Pro and High level amateurs...it's different.....but for ur average guy...2-5ius pre workout on workout days only gives great steady gains in strength and size...while IMO using it at not only the most important time(pre wo blunting cortisol....very potent anticatabolic) but also the best time to keep lean

you re also supporting what ive said before..

pre WO Slin is way better than post...you may need just 1/3 of PWO slin to get the same results..

Indeed...I beleive we are on the same page...i also used the same method pre wo all the way thru contest prep...and had striated glutes after 10 weeks

I've actually wouldnt mind adding bodyfat at this stage;been trying..this way i no im eating more than just enough to maintain and can then always cut back a tick later..even at 20iu - 150 carb - 75pro then meals with fat content. can still see ab veins..stuck at 265 for last 3 wks while on.. thinking i may have hit max potental without adding scary amounts of anabolics..

Last edited:
@ concreter try pre workout slin... but start slowly again because your body may react in a different way during workout

I'm taking 2-4iu hgh then 20 min later at gym pre workout 20iu humilin- r sip on size on supp then post workout 80grms honey + 30 grms raisens..eat 5 hole eggs and 50 grms whole wheat bagel 1hr later..then beef . chicken and carbs every 2 hrs there after till bed with a 1/2 gallon of milk. I am 15 lbs hevier than ever at 42

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131