YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long after an infection clears can you pin?

Fitness 500

Banned
The last week of last month I had a bad infection in my quad and sent me to my Doc twice. The second time he realized I had cellulitis and gave me a shot and sent me home with a script for antibiotics. My Quad was the size of a watermelon and I couldn't walk for 3-4 days.

Now that the swelling has been gone for a few weeks and I don't feel any pain I was wondering if I can pin my quad again.

Anyone done this or know if I should pin again now or should I wait a few more weeks?

i would ask your doctor bro. If it were me tho and I took my full course of antibiotics and the swelling was gone and had no other signs or symptoms I would inject a couple weeks after. I would also make sure I use alcohol wipes to clean my injection site and the vial not to mention using a brand new needle every injection.

I would give it some time to be on the safe side...There are a lot of places to pin in the meantime!

i would ask your doctor bro. If it were me tho and I took my full course of antibiotics and the swelling was gone and had no other signs or symptoms I would inject a couple weeks after. I would also make sure I use alcohol wipes to clean my injection site and the vial not to mention using a brand new needle every injection.

I told my Doc I was bit by a spider but if I did ask my doc can I shoot steroids in my quad now the infection was gone do you think he would answer me?

And I always use sterile procedures when injecting.

I would give it some time to be on the safe side...There are a lot of places to pin in the meantime!

Actually not.

I'm running out of places to pin. I'm pinning 9ml of oil each week and each site it takes almost 2 weeks for the depot to dissipate.

I'm too chicken shit to pin my pec but I'll look into pinning my calf.

the pecs are so easy I love to shoot them. I use 27 gauge half inch works great

Wait awhile you don't want the antibiotics to mess with the oil.
And the risk of pinning in your calves I wouldn't do it man.

Last edited:
Wait awhile you don't want the antibiotics to mess with the oil.
And the risk of pinning in your calves I wouldn't do it man.

It's been over 2 weeks since I took me last antibiotic pill.

As I stated in my original post the infection was a month ago. In fact it was the weeks before the 4th of July as on the 4th I remember I was already on antibiotics and the swelling was going down.

I told my Doc I was bit by a spider but if I did ask my doc can I shoot steroids in my quad now the infection was gone do you think he would answer me?

Actually not.

I'm running out of places to pin. I'm pinning 9ml of oil each week and each site it takes almost 2 weeks for the depot to dissipate.

Wouldn't ever recommend calf pin ... just about killed me.

Actually not.

Hey man, pin your chest!!! Its super easy and you will actually begin to "like" pinning that area. It is soo painless and easy to do!!! You can easily do 1-2ml per pec!!! Just try it once man, and I promise you will regret not having it done sooner!

Just a couple notes. Did you address where the infection came from? There is probably bacteria in the bottle, don't use it again. Antibiotics don't affect AAS. Can't you just pin the other quad? Your doctor knew it wasn't a spider bite, that would be in the dermis only, even if the muscle also became swollen. Only 2 spiders will cause a serious issue in north america, the widow and the recluse. It would be funny if he gave you antivenom. I also doubt the same antibiotic would be used. Anyhow, luckily he knows how to read between the lines. By lying to him you are causing him to under treat you. Say B12 injections if you are really worried. He 100% for sure knows it's AAS, but probably understands your need to not tell him.

Last edited:
Just a couple notes. Did you address where the infection came from? There is probably bacteria in the bottle, don't use it again. Antibiotics don't affect AAS. Can't you just pin the other quad? Your doctor knew it wasn't a spider bite, that would be in the dermis only, even if the muscle also became swollen. Only 2 spiders will cause a serious issue in north america, the widow and the recluse. It would be funny if he gave you antivenom. I also doubt the same antibiotic would be used. Anyhow, luckily he knows how to read between the lines. By lying to him you are causing him to under treat you. Say B12 injections if you are really worried. He 100% for sure knows it's AAS, but probably understands your need to not tell him.

The vials that I used had a bad crimp and I think some air got into them. Yes I did throw them out.

I am allergic to spider bites bites period. If any spider bites me I go into anaphylactic shock regardless what type of spider it is. I know this because I was bitten twice when I was in the Marines and same thing happened and I was tested but yes he is my doc and I'm sure every time he sees me and I take my shirt off he knows.

I have been using the other quad but like I said I'm trying to get 9ml of oil per week and I just wanted to start the other quad back into the rotation otherwise I will have to pin a lower volume in more sites.

x2

Hey man, pin your chest!!! Its super easy and you will actually begin to "like" pinning that area. It is soo painless and easy to do!!! You can easily do 1-2ml per pec!!! Just try it once man, and I promise you will regret not having it done sooner!

Actually not.

Can you elaborate on this? An issue I am not particularly familiar with and seems it could be of concern.

Can you elaborate on this? An issue I am not particularly familiar with and seems it could be of concern.

If I pin 3ml of oil in my left glute the first week of the month then my right glute the second weeks of the month I cannot go right back to the left glute. There is still oil there. I've tried and even though I'm not pinning the exact same spot it hurts as the pin goes half way in. I can tell there is still oil in there and it hurts so to avoid any chance of an infection or abscess I wait an additional week to pin.

I have used many sponsors and 90% of these sponsors it takes the oil a long time to dissipate no matter where I pin. There is a sponsor that uses a carrier that no other sponsor uses. This sponsor had not one bad review, no PIP, no knots, and how the oil flow smoothly. I used this sponsor and was knotted up pretty bad for a few days after each pin.

If I pin 3ml of oil in my left glute the first week of the month then my right glute the second weeks of the month I cannot go right back to the left glute. There is still oil there. I've tried and even though I'm not pinning the exact same spot it hurts as the pin goes half way in. I can tell there is still oil in there and it hurts so to avoid any chance of an infection or abscess I wait an additional week to pin.

I have used many sponsors and 90% of these sponsors it takes the oil a long time to dissipate no matter where I pin. There is a sponsor that uses a carrier that no other sponsor uses. This sponsor had not one bad review, no PIP, no knots, and how the oil flow smoothly. I used this sponsor and was knotted up pretty bad for a few days after each pin.

Wow, I find this quite abstract. I've never encountered or heard of this issue. I'm going to do some homework, I'm not sure if this is something to be concerned with. But, it certainly doesn't sound "normal," if you will.

I'd guess that is just scar tissue and maybe inflammed muscle at the injection site, not oil. You should use your quads too, maybe even shoulders. You should try 1cc in a 1/2" 29g slin pin.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws