over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long after bulking do you cut?

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I think my problem is I seem to always change my mind when bulking and cutting. Ill bulk for a while then decide I wanna cut so ill go right into a cut. I've realized it's better to try and hold any new muscle for a little while before cutting so you don't lose too much size. So how long do you wait after bulking before you cut or what's your overall strategy here?

you should always strive to stay reasonably lean then u only have to make minor tweaks when you wanna tighten up. Which you shouldn't lose any muscle doing.

Last edited:
I think my problem is I seem to always change my mind when bulking and cutting. Ill bulk for a while then decide I wanna cut so ill go right into a cut. I've realized it's better to try and hold any new muscle for a little while before cutting so you don't lose too much size. So how long do you wait after bulking before you cut or what's your overall strategy here?

didn't you just make a thread about being a personal trainer?

Lol yea but am I not allowed to ask?

I personally think w/ all your questions you could hit the search button or spend the money of Phil he's 300 bucks for the year and his methods make u understand your body

Because at this point your not ready to be a personal trainer no offense

I disagree with me not being ready to be a trainer. Regardless if I ask a lot of questions on a bodybuilding forum I'm still in better shape then most that I come across in real life. But yes I have some OCD going on and it makes me question things constantly. Ill be fine I just gotta relax that's all, thanks for your concerns tho ;)

when you are at the restaurant and you are shocked by the tab.

**broken link removed**

Just because your in good shape doesn't mean your ready to be a personal trainer

I disagree with me not being ready to be a trainer. Regardless if I ask a lot of questions on a bodybuilding forum I'm still in better shape then most that I come across in real life. But yes I have some OCD going on and it makes me question things constantly. Ill be fine I just gotta relax that's all, thanks for your concerns tho ;)

LOL yep definitely not even close I thought you were just about there but with that comment you are ways a away

Being in good shape does not mean you can be a personal trainer. If someones a good liar can they be a lawyer? if someone wins street fights can they be an mma fighter...just from you avi and the way your body holds fat I can tell you have never been low singles bf or stage ready those are the times you really learn your body..

Im not putting you down man Im just opening your eyes...

It's not that you ask questions, it's the type of questions you ask. You don't have the KNOWLEDGE to be a good trainer right now. So you're in good shape, congrats. That doesn't mean you know anything about training. It can simply mean that you have good/decent genetics. If you're running aas, then more than likely it's attributed to that opposed to your diet/training knowledge (based on the types of questions you ask)

Hey Bro
Nevermind them! I assuming you are asking this question in order to find a solution to your own personal training habits and mental lack of mental discpline when going through the various cycle of your plan. I hate when someone comes on this board and ask a simple question just to be judged as if everyone is an expert on your specific body. I personally follow this protocol year round
Hypertrophy-14 weeks Moderate carbs,day 3-4 days per week
Bulk/power-12 Weeks-You will need a gym partner. Time to get nasty.Higher carbs and low intensity cardio just to flush the blood.1-2
Hyper/Lean-14 weeks-Time to get cut- use the some of the same diet outline but gradually reduce carbs=Increase cardio to 6-7days per week
3 of those days need to be high intensity.
Cruise-12-Nice blend of all these phases. This is normally done for the summer months.
I take 1 week in between each phase to let my body heal and prepare my life for the next phase. During the rest periods is more geared towards the mental prep. Where I have seen most people fail is when they start looking in the mirror, checking the scale and hating the bloated feeling during there bulk.They lose track of their goals and want to hurry up and lean out. But then the get mad because they expect to maintain all of their hard earned muscle. Oh yeah dont forget your vitamins!

Keep your diet tight and you really shouldn't have to cut shit unless you're prepping for a show.. Blowing up lean works wonders :cool:

LOL yep definitely not even close I thought you were just about there but with that comment you are ways a away

Being in good shape does not mean you can be a personal trainer. If someones a good liar can they be a lawyer? if someone wins street fights can they be an mma fighter...just from you avi and the way your body holds fat I can tell you have never been low singles bf or stage ready those are the times you really learn your body..

Im not putting you down man Im just opening your eyes...
No doubt I'm not saying you were. I've never been shredded but I have been high singles bf wise. I just don't want people thinking I'm some clown bc I ask questions...even if they are repetitive at times lol
Keep your diet tight and you really shouldn't have to cut shit unless you're prepping for a show.. Blowing up lean works wonders :cool:

Yea I hear you. I can't seem to get the balance down tho. Ill get impatient and switch my plans too soon

I applaud your honest, dont let anything get in the way of what u want, anything. I learned this the hard way..

I applaud your honest, dont let anything get in the way of what u want, anything. I learned this the hard way..

thanks friend;)

i know i can be a pain in the ass with questions, but i just cant seem to learn enough. theres always something on my mind.

I dont do the whole bulk cut thing anymore.

I run low to moderate dose of mild components off season and eat a surplus o quality food then as I start a contes prep I ramp up the gear and typically the food stays the same for a while , in the time frame I up th dose till i start to cut the cals back I grow significantly while getin leaner.

I dont do the whole bulk cut thing anymore.

I run low to moderate dose of mild components off season and eat a surplus o quality food then as I start a contes prep I ramp up the gear and typically the food stays the same for a while , in the time frame I up th dose till i start to cut the cals back I grow significantly while getin leaner.

i like this approach. so if getting alil chubby i take it you just cut the cals back, or just let it roll then worry about cutting back down when you up dose/drop cals?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws