advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long did it take you to reach critical mass?

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For me it was 10 years....the biggest leaps and bounds in size and strength were made from dietary and training adjustments, so I am astonished that I see guys expect to mutate out to national quality in 2-3 years and on a boatload of chemicals as their primary method to maturity. If I knew then what I know and with today's supplements I could have got there in 5 years.
Main mistakes-
diet-under eating -high carb low fat moderate protein
Training-over training volume 10-15 sets per body part training past failure multiple sets amny exercises forced reps etc ... 3 days on 1 off.
Critical mass for me was:
270 lbs
19.5 arms/29 thighs/55 chest etc
400 lb bench/500 lb squats and Deads..
Later on I would add another 30-40 lbs of mass over the next 5-7 years and weights and measurements went up but the critical mass stage for me was above stats and this was years before any insulin GH tren or high dosed cycles were even attempted.
More later...

massive i always love your posts.

if you would be willing to say im sure most would appreciate it but if not i fully understand.

did you run low dose for a long time when you started or do you feel you jumped doses higher than you should have (in hindsight)

what was your training and daily food intake like when you hit 250-270???

For me it was 10 years....the biggest leaps and bounds in size and strength were made from dietary and training adjustments, so I am astonished that I see guys expect to mutate out to national quality in 2-3 years and on a boatload of chemicals as their primary method to maturity. If I knew then what I know and with today's supplements I could have got there in 5 years.
Main mistakes-
Training-over training volume 10-15 sets per body part training past failure multiple sets amny exercises forced reps etc ... 3 days on 1 off.
Critical mass for me was:
270 lbs
19.5 arms/29 thighs/55 chest etc
400 lb bench/500 lb squats and Deads..
Later on I would add another 30-40 lbs of mass over the next 5-7 years and weights and measurements went up but the critical mass stage for me was above stats and this was years before any insulin GH tren or high dosed cycles were even attempted.
More later...

I appreciate your post. It is symptomatic of todays instant gratification society that people want it all NOW! No one wants to (gasp) wait patiently as they grind it out day by day making incremental gains but that's what it takes. Muscle grows a fiber at a time. As with anything, the amount of labor and time I put into gaining and shaping muscle makes me appreciate every ounce of it that much more. Thanks for the affirmation and lessons from your experience.

Massive, this post is inspiring me to get my ass in gear and eat more protein. I currently only get @ 100g daily . . sometimes 150g on a great day . . I weigh a chubby 190 at 5'9".

Thank you.

If you could re-write history, how would you have you changed your supplement approach?

Main mistakes-
More later...

Hey Massive how have you changed these 2 variables to work better with your goal towards reaching critical mass?

Last edited:
Not there yet...spent the first four years thinking it was about getting the supplements. 4 years = 10lbs

This past 2 1/2 coming to realize it's more about eating enough to support growth. Last 2 1/2 years = 30 lbs of muscle. (I'm going by stage weight incase your wondering where I got the total muscle lbs #)

Looking to keep pace this next offseason, but sure it wil take much longer to get to the size I want to be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity