over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how long did it take you?

Let's see....I started weight training when I was 14 or so....I'm 45 and I'm not there yet. Maybe in another 30 years I'll be there.

Everyone saying been training for x years and I'm not even close....
Don't you set smaller goals to achieve? I had set a long term goal of 220 lbs and short term goals of 180 and 200. Still it only took me a few years to get almost to 220 and now the next goal is 240, and then it will be 260. Does anyone ever really achieve their perfect ideal physique? I'm sure there is always something that can be improved. More size, symmetry, leaner, harder. So of course everyone could all say, still not there!
Side story my rear delts were pretty underdeveloped so a few months back I stopped training front delts and focused on rear and lateral 2x a week. Actually got asked at the gym today how I got my rear delts so big haha.

It's been said and I believe you can get to your max on under five years,some say three

Interesting question, I believe there are different levels when it comes to achieving goals and I can pretty much remember all the "bench marks" being hit when it comes to look, strength, etc. I will say I am nowhere near close to where I want to be right now.

When I was 22 that was the first time I ever saw my abs, dieted down hard and got pretty lean naturally but lost muscle and that was after about 5 years of training much of it being half assed until I really started to learn more about bodybuilding training and eating at around 20. I had hit some decent strength numbers before this by my standards anyway but was super fat lol. Seeing abs for the first time was a good feeling because I had always been the chubby kid growing up and it's why I found the gym in the first place.

There's others but competing wise have not accomplished what I want and won't for a while but I'm prepping for a couple shows now so hopefully that will start to change soon here haha

It's important imo to never forget how far you've come...I sometimes remind myself if the 17 year old me saw the current 27 year old me in the gym training he wouldn't believe it was ever possible to look that way. So while never being "satisfied" or "content" with my physique in the improvement sense it is good to occasionally give yourself a little pat on the back when comparing the current you to the old you!

7 years natty benched up to 300 for 1, squatted 495 x 2, deadlifted 405 x 2 at bodyweight of 185, probably around 16% bodyfat. first cycle of test cyp working from 200mg/week to 600mg/week then tapering down back to 200mg/week(12 weeks total) I was 225 around 12-13% bodyfat squatting 495 x 6(could'ver done more but kept it at 495 because my legs just expolded too much lol), bench 315 x 8, deadlift 495 x 5. I already had a frame like a BB even at natty. after 2 years of gear use(progresively heavier dose and more compounds) I stepped on stage and took second in my class(medium class/NABBA). next show I went NPC and took novice/open in LHW as well as open. pretty much then every show I entered I either took overall or my class, except last 2 it was 2nd and 3rd behind caprise Murray and other pros. looking back I held back on size because of my job, looking too big just didn't help with my business. should've ate more and trained heavier while I was at my prime. before my last show(NPC nationals) I was walking around at 246 at sub 10% before dieting down to 198 class.

Last edited:
take fitness training as regular basis, go on balanced diet, add some gears for help. willpower matters.:headbang:

lets see...
302 leaving hs for football
few years later fat
280 down to 175...
175 up to 297 dc
280s for few years
down to 170... lol don't ask
175 few years to 240
most drugs ever.
stop
215-250 since

so that's 20 years
prob could see abs when in shape after 15 years. lol

Would have been crazy to be the person who sees you every 5 years. lol

Chubby > Skinny > Massive > *** Thinks he does crack to lose weight ***> Fit.

plz insist, you will see effect,keep it up bro

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Everyone saying been training for x years and I'm not even close....
Don't you set smaller goals to achieve? I had set a long term goal of 220 lbs and short term goals of 180 and 200. Still it only took me a few years to get almost to 220 and now the next goal is 240, and then it will be 260. Does anyone ever really achieve their perfect ideal physique? I'm sure there is always something that can be improved. More size, symmetry, leaner, harder. So of course everyone could all say, still not there!
Side story my rear delts were pretty underdeveloped so a few months back I stopped training front delts and focused on rear and lateral 2x a week. Actually got asked at the gym today how I got my rear delts so big haha.

You absolutely set smaller goals.

Going from 135 bench to 315 is a huge goal for most. You just make smaller markers in between, and understand that getting to 185 will take a bit less time then from 185 to 225. Each weight set up takes more time, but most people don't stall because of natural limits or ability. It is because they lose focus and then lose consistency, or they get lazy with diet (I respect the hell out of the guys who can pound down the food to be mass monsters). People want to be big and strong so quick they don't want to put the work in (I'm guilty as well of that). Instead of being happy they gained 90 pounds on a lift to get to 225, they are focused on the fact they are still 90 pounds away from their goal.

People may or not reach their ideal physique. A lot of guys here compete and never will, but it is their job/passion to always look at what can make them better, what can separate them from other fantastic physiques. Just like a powerlifter who hits a PR total, there will always be something better to work towards.

Now if you're like me, and do it because you simply love to do it and never compete, you can get at least near an ideal physique within reason. "Perfect" is simply your perception of it and just how critical of an eye you have.

I'm nowhere near many guys on this board, but am damn happy with my physique. An easy way to be happy is to be happy with your body is to be the big guy at a small gym, and tell yourself everyone who looks better on the forums is using a photoshopped pic. HAs worked well for me for a few years. :D

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear