YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long does gyno surgery physically impair you?

mementomori515

Registered
I know it's often recommended to avoid heavy lifting, particularly chest work for 4-6 weeks. But for how long after surgery will I be unable to do basic tasks? I'll be honest guys. I'm only 20 and my parents would not approve of this surgery. It's my life and I will make my own decisions, but I would rather avoid confrontation if I can. How long until it is no longer obvious that I just had surgery performed? I do landscaping for work. It's an active job but no heavy lifting. Will I have to take time off?

Planning on seeing Dr. Maffei thanks to many good recommendations from guys on here. Thanks

I was cleared to lift after a week.. all body parts. I did build up some fluid near the site after the first day or two of lifting because I probably irritated it a bit but wasn't awful. I did not have lypo.. just the gland removed. I was pretty lean before surgery. After a few days should be going about life normally.

I would wait at the least a full two weeks. But that's for me, you may heal up very quickly. But if I am investing that much into a plastic surgery I'm going to make sure I don't fuck it up by getting to gung ho to lift.

Make sure they remove the entire gland. Because if you don't that shit will just come back.

Tell your Dr. what you do and ask for his recommendation. DR's are very conservative minded for the most part. So the time off will be less then they say unless you recover more slowly then most people.

I am fixing to have gyno surgery with lipe. My doc said 4 weeks before doing cardio, so I don't get my blood pressure up. 6 weeks 100% return to normal. But like I said I am having lipo done with mine.

i was back at it in a couple of weeks. back to full speed within a month.

I had mine 27 years ago, went to a great plastic surgeon. I was back in the gym in a week doing light workout and I even had a hematoma in one.

Got mine done back in 2009. I think after about a week I was pretty much healed, but I gave it 2 weeks to start hitting chest again in the gym. I eased into chest slowly bc I didn't want to rip or tear anything, but I think I was just being over cautious

I know it's often recommended to avoid heavy lifting, particularly chest work for 4-6 weeks. But for how long after surgery will I be unable to do basic tasks? I'll be honest guys. I'm only 20 and my parents would not approve of this surgery. It's my life and I will make my own decisions, but I would rather avoid confrontation if I can. How long until it is no longer obvious that I just had surgery performed? I do landscaping for work. It's an active job but no heavy lifting. Will I have to take time off?

Planning on seeing Dr. Maffei thanks to many good recommendations from guys on here. Thanks
This depends on a few things , like the type of operation.. There's a few ways to do gyno removal, and one way is a butch job.. Either way, expect to be out of commission for doing any sorts of real active labor for a few weeks. You can rip tissue and bleed underneath if it's not healed all the way.. I know for myself I couldn't do much as I had pains lifting my arms like I had tight resistant bands inside , over time it loosened up and I had more and more mobility. Just take it easy and you'll know when you're ready, even if the doc clears you, only YOU will know for sure if you're ready or not.. Good luck!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear