advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long does it take you to get back in the swing of things?

Jman9229

Registered
I took some vacation time, which put me out of the gym for 3 weeks. Then of course I got back to work and was in a vehicle accident. Suffered a concussion, a 3in gash on my head that required 11 staples and a bruised shoulder and bruised hip. So that put me out another 3 weeks, I basically just sat around, couldn't work out and appetite was completely crap.

So just wondering if there is anything anyone does to help get their diet back? Start with smaller meals? Eat the same portions but maybe wake up in the middle of the night to eat? Replace a couple meals with shakes? Etc...

I have a pretty fast metabolism, I just have a hard time eating a lot and often. I've read a little about synthetek's b-12 and just injecting it.
Also I'm just a skinny natty guy. Lol.

As soon as I start training again my appetite comes back on its own. Don't force it. Let you body start needing more food to recover and your hunger will increase accordingly.

As soon as I start training again my appetite comes back on its own. Don't force it. Let you body start needing more food to recover and your hunger will increase accordingly.

Bang on. I'll never force feed trying to grow. I've had too on this cut a few times as I like to use steady state when cutting for consistency

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

After around 5 months out of the gym and off the lifestyle I noticed that after a little over a month of training again that my appetite came back in full force. Fortunately the majority of my muscle came back pretty quickly as well. Pulled a Casey Viator.

Just start training hard again and it will come back faster than you think. I took some time off earlier this year due to an illness. I was out of the gym for well over a month and it took about that much time back in the gym before things started clicking again. Muscle memory is a great thing! :D

I took some vacation time, which put me out of the gym for 3 weeks. Then of course I got back to work and was in a vehicle accident. Suffered a concussion, a 3in gash on my head that required 11 staples and a bruised shoulder and bruised hip. So that put me out another 3 weeks, I basically just sat around, couldn't work out and appetite was completely crap.

So just wondering if there is anything anyone does to help get their diet back? Start with smaller meals? Eat the same portions but maybe wake up in the middle of the night to eat? Replace a couple meals with shakes? Etc...

I have a pretty fast metabolism, I just have a hard time eating a lot and often. I've read a little about synthetek's b-12 and just injecting it.

Also I'm just a skinny natty guy. Lol.

Slow and steady always wins . Patience and faith in yourself . Just do what you can as best as you know and it will fall into place . Just carry on. I too have trained in martial arts 42 years , weights 32. Spine surgey 2x , reconstructive joint surgery , desert storm , however I always plan my layoffs and find some way to modify my training . If you can train but a limb or particular appendage is injured and out of commission , train around it. I normally use free weights , however when I recoverd from spine or neck or hip surgery- I still trained but I found gym with ton of nautilus type equipment and temporarily had multiple gym memberships. When my spine was reconstructed I modified my movement so there was no spine compression. I did presses either supported almost upside down as there was a machine made for this. . So I was able to maintain and still gain . Was I doing power cleans with 225 ? No way but I was able to his all angles of my delts and muscles . We are sculptors and artists if our own bodies- therefore be creative - where there is will, there is a way

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity