alfresco

Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Staff member
Super Moderators
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Quick question . . . how long do you think it will take you to regain the muscle you
have lost once the lock-down ends?

And what body parts have lost the most size?

For me, I think it will probably take me about 4 weeks, give or take, to re-gain.
And I have been doing zero weight training, just walking, stretching and trying to
mediate more. (It’s amazing how much work I am getting down around the house
with my wife nagging me ;) )

My legs have lost the most size which were never that big. Same with arms.
Next would be chest and shoulders with no perceptible change. Same with my back,
not much change.

Arms are the worst for me. But luckily, I've been pushing my body hard with the limited amount of weights i have.
I was a big progressive overload guy. But since i cant incline 4 plates at the moment, I've been adding in a decent amount of volume to see if that can help. Overall, i think it is working....

Question Al, are you doing any training at all right now or are you just chillin' and relaxing?

Arms are the worst for me. But luckily, I've been pushing my body hard with the limited amount of weights i have.
I was a big progressive overload guy. But since i cant incline 4 plates at the moment, I've been adding in a decent amount of volume to see if that can help. Overall, i think it is working....

Question Al, are you doing any training at all right now or are you just chillin' and relaxing?

T, just chillin' and relaxing.

And I just started doing body weight chins, dips, and 1 legged calk raises at a children's
park on my walks each day. That and strict, back against a post (try it) curls, lying on
the ground reverse grip triceps ext. and seated on the ground behind the neck presses
all 'exercises' with a ~ 35 lb. hex digging / pry bar I found in my shed. 50 to 100 reps.
every other day. Just f'ing around, having fun basically, not excepting any growth,
perhaps preventing atrophy. Again, just started yesterday.

Fortunate enough to have some weights to workout with.

Legs have lost some size from not being able to train them as properly, but they are ok. Upper body is the same basically.

Not being as active due to confinement is what gets me more...have had to reduce my calories :(...drove by a hospital's empty gym late at night and had thoughts of breaking in to workout :)

it comes back QUICK. I haven't worked out regularly if at all in couple years lost tons of muscle. went from a lean 215lbs to a skinny fat 190. didn't take my self prescribed trt shots regularly or anything.... so lost lots muslce.

cuz of corona I been so bored I decided to start working out at home. use this time to get back into the groove of exercising cuz don't have many excuses not to. Bought an array of resistance bands. Did first workout Wed of this week. Thur eve I looked CRAZY better. muscles full, main vein on bicep popping up it was wild. my wife couldn't believe it.
its Friday now and still look crazy better. I'm already 200 lbs. up 10lbs in 2-3 days!? (I know intra muscular/cellular water, glycogen in muscle etc just saying crazy quick changes)
I think we will all get gains back VERY quick. muscle memory is nuts
-F2S

I’ve got a small home set up, but I haven’t got a good back or leg workout since the lockdown. I’m hoping to bounce back within a months time. I’m going to start a push/pull/legs routine when the gym open.

In 35 years I have never been away from the gym more than a few weeks, and that was only once in 1994.
I'm able to use some weights (have abotu 80kg for dumbells) and bands.

I should be able to maintain OK with the exception of legs and perhaps back.
Legs are OK, as I am trying to adopt a retirement mindset, which means mobility over mass.
For me, I want to make this an opportunity to heal some nagging pains and bring my waist down some.

I do go for a walk everyday with the wife after lunch ;)

You mainly loose your conditioning, the glycogen or pump.
You did really lose any fiber tissue or actual muscle...
Think of an inflated tire, now the same tire with half the air in it ... same tire just less air.
Think Casey Viator and the Colorado experiment. Doesn't take long at all to fill back up....
Take it easy the first few training sessions, keep in mind that all you're gonna be doing is displacing the new nutrient back to the muscle.
Dont worry about the muscle , it didn't go anywhere. Be more concerned with the global food chain- will you be able to take in substantial nutrient to maintain your lifestyle?
The food chain has been interupted how long till things go back after the crisis?

I haven't lost any size so far after 5 weeks off from the gym but then again, I stayed on my usual dosages and I knew this was going to keep my size even in the absence of training.

Haven't lost a thing yet, but I'm not genetically prone to losing muscle. That's with much lower calories and 70mg a week of test.

Rogue is right, I think a lot of guys mistake dropping a couple pounds and their muscle going flat for actually losing muscle. If you're training regularly, your muscles are a bit inflamed at all times simply from them being trained. You're just losing your water and glycogen. A few weeks away from the gym isn't going to cause most guys to lose much actual tissue, if any. If your dosages went down, you're obviously going to lose a little water and muscle fullness from that, as well.

You mainly loose your conditioning, the glycogen or pump.
You did really lose any fiber tissue or actual muscle...
Think of an inflated tire, now the same tire with half the air in it ... same tire just less air.
Think Casey Viator and the Colorado experiment. Doesn't take long at all to fill back up....
Take it easy the first few training sessions, keep in mind that all you're gonna be doing is displacing the new nutrient back to the muscle.
Dont worry about the muscle , it didn't go anywhere. Be more concerned with the global food chain- will you be able to take in substantial nutrient to maintain your lifestyle?
The food chain has been interupted how long till things go back after the crisis?

You are correct R., and will not disagree with many of the things you say.

Here are two never before published fotos of Casey Viator during the Colorado Experiment
and an example of the exact workout routine he followed for this 'transformation'.

Training only 3 days a week, usually only 1 set per exercise, about 12 exercise per work-
out and mostly negative only exercise. (Arthur Jones gave me all his workouts, originals,
not copies.) Arthur made no secret that Casey was gaining previously existing muscle like
many of us will be doing once we get back to the gym after this lock-down mode but I
suspect that nobody will look like this after, or perhaps before ;). And no doubt about it,
Casey was a genetic freak in the best sense of the word as are all of the top level competitors
today.

It really takes very little in the form of exercise to regain previously existing muscle and
even less to maintain it.

Don't want to turn this into a Casey / Nautilus thread but I have heaps of Casey fotos, Colorado
Experiment, Sergio fotos, and fotos from that era. I am working in Photoshop today so if anybody
is interested in a bit of nostalgia and wants to start a new thread I will be happy to 'go back in
time' and post some fotos that just might blow a few minds.

casey_cexp.jpg

I've noticed my arms and forearms look a little flatter. I would say I probably have lost just a bit. I can assure you once you get back in the swing of things your muscles will come back. I just hope I don't have to wait much longer.......ordered bands over a month ago and still haven't received them. I'm not happy about it, but I'm not going to concern myself with shit I can't control.

You are correct R., and will not disagree with many of the things you say.

Here are two never before published fotos of Casey Viator during the Colorado Experiment
and an example of the exact workout routine he followed for this 'transformation'.

Training only 3 days a week, usually only 1 set per exercise, about 12 exercise per work-
out and mostly negative only exercise. (Arthur Jones gave me all his workouts, originals,
not copies.) Arthur made no secret that Casey was gaining previously existing muscle like
many of us will be doing once we get back to the gym after this lock-down mode but I
suspect that nobody will look like this after, or perhaps before ;). And no doubt about it,
Casey was a genetic freak in the best sense of the word as are all of the top level competitors
today.

It really takes very little in the form of exercise to regain previously existing muscle and
even less to maintain it.

Don't want to turn this into a Casey / Nautilus thread but I have heaps of Casey fotos, Colorado
Experiment, Sergio fotos, and fotos from that era. I am working in Photoshop today so if anybody
is interested in a bit of nostalgia and wants to start a new thread I will be happy to 'go back in
time' and post some fotos that just might blow a few minds.

View attachment 115937

Please do sir... and your stories/insights are always welcome

My belief is all of my hindrances in the gym could be fixed away from ln it. So my mechanics, motor functions, body fat, cardiac outpatient, and drive are all UP.

I'm starting with minimal effective dose for volume rather than load and working up. Goal is by the time my volumes at baseline I should be BETTER than before. Call me Big Kevin L.

Arms, legs and some thickness have disappeared. Clothes are loose as hell, it’s quite comical. But to the guys who say “you won’t shrink, it’s not muscle loss, it’s all in your head” speak for yourselves. This is very real.

You go from pulling 7 plates to playing with rubber bands and doing pushups, that shit just don’t fly with me. My body was built with brutal weight and it’s missing it bad. Soon enough

It's def not in my head either. No doubt I have lost some size. I'm just being real. I'm not worried about getting what I lost back. Our bodies will be back to if not better. One day at a time.

I had some minor injuries that needed to heal up so this gave me time to allow for that, otherwise I would have probably just kept training hard and slowly making things worse.

I also needed a break from gear so I've been cruising letting my body freshen up.

Been lacking cardio for a longgg time and its effecting my health. Since the gyms closed i started running four days a week and i can already feel a big difference.

Im going crazy without the gym but the only brightside is when they reopen i will be ready to make some gains and crush past where i was at before.

Yeah. I've spoke w BN about this. I've went from 220-222lbs and quite lean (5'8ish), squatting 405x8 and 500x2 (wraps but buried deep) the day the gym closed to literally struggling w my 50 lbs daughter on my shoulders. The bands- shit I gave up on. Fucking boring and doesnt do it for me. I did also drop to 10mg eod test but...

I weighed in at 202 yesterday. Now, I was probably a touch over 11 or 12% true bf and now I'm well under ten (sprints or walks every morning, low carbs, tons of beef and 1400 pull ups and crunches a week) but I look VERY different. It's NOT just glycogen lol

I've gotten softer yet lost body fat wtf

Fuck covid

Was able to start back Friday but was out for over a month. Not knowing how long the gym would be closed I got hit with major depression so I wasn’t active at all and just ate like total shit. I definitely lost size and gained a lot of fat. I didn’t lose too much strength really. Just got wildly out of shape. I started JPs extreme lean routine and dieting right out of the gate and I’m on day 4 and hurting. Diet is 2,000 a day. I’ll see where I’m at week 8 and go from there.

I have been using resistance bands for upper body and body weight squats for 5 workouts per week. Pretty sure I'll walk away with the Olympia this year!!! LOL!! I expect to be right back where I was in 3 weeks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131