over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long regain and how much loss?

You are correct R., and will not disagree with many of the things you say.

Here are two never before published fotos of Casey Viator during the Colorado Experiment
and an example of the exact workout routine he followed for this 'transformation'.

Training only 3 days a week, usually only 1 set per exercise, about 12 exercise per work-
out and mostly negative only exercise. (Arthur Jones gave me all his workouts, originals,
not copies.) Arthur made no secret that Casey was gaining previously existing muscle like
many of us will be doing once we get back to the gym after this lock-down mode but I
suspect that nobody will look like this after, or perhaps before ;). And no doubt about it,
Casey was a genetic freak in the best sense of the word as are all of the top level competitors
today.

It really takes very little in the form of exercise to regain previously existing muscle and
even less to maintain it.

Don't want to turn this into a Casey / Nautilus thread but I have heaps of Casey fotos, Colorado
Experiment, Sergio fotos, and fotos from that era. I am working in Photoshop today so if anybody
is interested in a bit of nostalgia and wants to start a new thread I will be happy to 'go back in
time' and post some fotos that just might blow a few minds.

View attachment 115937

I'd be happy to see those Jones materials. I read as much of his stuff that I could back in the day.

i stopped home workouts and been off gear for 7 weeks now. look like shit.

once the gyms open gonna juice up and lift some of the weights. probably take me a month to get back to decent.

For the typical guy that just stopped training and cut the calories back enough to not get fat I’d bet way less than a month to bounce back.

Just answer the same question here reference to my post surgery rebound

With the gyms shut down I decided to take this time to diet hard and try to get body fat way down. I train with resistance bands to try to keep some muscle. I just walk for legs.

Maintaining is easy especially if you have held your weight/condition for years and if we are talking a few months out of the gym which is not much at all. Although I have had some weird injury issues recently (coupled with laziness) so I have barely trained. I find it much harder to get motivated for home workouts even if they are very effective. I am surprised how much I have held. I have trained about 8 times in 6 weeks. I will be training more now and things are good. I have just lowered calories as I want to get my waist tighter and prime my body for the onslaught it will receive when the gym finally reopens :D

I don't see how anyone has to go backwards if they even have access to just 1 pair of db's. Truth is many standard guys have some fat to lose so they could use this down time to start doing more bodyweight movements (fast paced with minimal rest), more cardio and get really lean. Others can still hold onto muscle especially if they get a bit inventive. We can all improve in certain areas even without access to a gym. I really wanted to improve my cardiovascular fitness, flexibility and agility for example. I will carry on working on all areas even when the gyms reopen.

The intense cardio I have been doing has really helped my legs. The high rep calf training I have been doing... dare I say has improved my calves... not that it was hard :eek::D If I wanted to lift heavier I would put my one db and some filled water bottles in a suitcase and use that. My resistance bands and bodyweight have been enough though and I know I could get to a great look if I had just them with a better diet and some aas in the mix.

Now sure for a variety of reasons many of us may have gone backwards in this time. Maybe you think that's because you couldn't train heavy, or your diet fell apart or you simply didn't put effort into home workouts. Whatever the reason it's very easy to get back. In the past when I have come off gear and dropped 20 pounds and not trained much I have put it all back on within 3 weeks of training. Muscle memory is a very real thing and even if you haven't had that muscle in the past it's very easy to make fast changes especially when training drugs and diet are optimized.

It looks like I will be receiving the 2 x 20kg db's and better resistance bands I ordered after the gyms reopen :eek:

Don't want to turn this into a Casey / Nautilus thread but I have heaps of Casey fotos, Colorado
Experiment, Sergio fotos, and fotos from that era. I am working in Photoshop today so if anybody
is interested in a bit of nostalgia and wants to start a new thread I will be happy to 'go back in
time' and post some fotos that just might blow a few minds.

Here is another before and after foto of Casey Viator. Do not know what the 'occasion' was, what
type of training he undertook as Arthur was always experimenting on him, an unusually responsive
subject to be sure but isn't that what you want? . . . to be able to see the results quickly. And this
is a classic of example of a well done, side-by-side comparison. (And this was years after the
Colorado Experiment in 1973.)

Like I said, if somebody wants to start a new thread I will be happy to contribute fotos and
commentary from my archive. I don't want to continue to muck up this thread.

pm_back_comparison.jpg

Here is another before and after foto of Casey Viator. Do not know what the 'occasion' was, what
type of training he undertook as Arthur was always experimenting on him, an unusually responsive
subject to be sure but isn't that what you want? . . . to be able to see the results quickly. And this
is a classic of example of a well done, side-by-side comparison. (And this was years after the
Colorado Experiment in 1973.)

Like I said, if somebody wants to start a new thread I will be happy to contribute fotos and
commentary from my archive. I don't want to continue to muck up this thread.

View attachment 116492

I think the likes of the above can be very common for guys who looked great and then relaxed everything. Obviously mega responders can do crazy transformations and I know one person like that. However even 20 pounds up and getting leaner even in 1 month is not uncommon. It's sadly how some coaches promote in a sense because they have their clients take pics on their break then add in various drugs and clean up the diet and bang in 2 weeks they look like a different person. You can even do it in a few days with various manipulations.

I always go to the gym but it's crazy how some people are. Meaning they go away for 1 week and ship drugs to their hotel. They post how can they keep gains on a 2 week break etc. If someone looks great even if they have 2 months out of the gym and relax everything it should only take a few weeks to get back to where they were with everything at 100%.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131