advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long should I run GH before IGF test?

kdtl61

Registered
Hey Guys,
I find this board seems to have the most data on gh and ways to test ourselves as to the quality of said GH be it pharm grade to generics.

Today I did my annual blood work. I ask the doc to go ahead and test my normal every day IGF levels. I have not run any gh for months. I will now have my first base line on my IGF.

So, my question is this. How long do I need to run my next gh kit before going to get blood work to determine how my IGF levels were effected??

Here is my plan: I'm taking a generic 100iu kit. I will run 3.3iu per day till the first 9 bottles are gone = 27 days. The on the 28th day I will 100% of the full 10iu vial IM. 3 hours later get my gh serum level and my IGF level tested.

Do you guys think this is a solid way to find out the quality of this product?

Any advise or suggestion would be apprichated.
KD

Hey Guys,

I find this board seems to have the most data on gh and ways to test ourselves as to the quality of said GH be it pharm grade to generics.

Today I did my annual blood work. I ask the doc to go ahead and test my normal every day IGF levels. I have not run any gh for months. I will now have my first base line on my IGF.

So, my question is this. How long do I need to run my next gh kit before going to get blood work to determine how my IGF levels were effected??

Here is my plan: I'm taking a generic 100iu kit. I will run 3.3iu per day till the first 9 bottles are gone = 27 days. The on the 28th day I will 100% of the full 10iu vial IM. 3 hours later get my gh serum level and my IGF level tested.

KD

6 weeks.

Probably the best way to see if what you have is genuine IMO. If your IGF shoots up 400 points or so then what you have is good GH. You want to get up into the 800-900 range.

Hey Guys,

KD

Actually, I think that is one of those questions that if you asked 20 people, you'd get 20 different answers. I've referenced a thread from a few years back where IGF-1 testing was logged. I believe his highest score was after 1 month.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/peptides-growth-factors/68111-riptropin-log.html

Last edited:
6 weeks.

Probably the best way to see if what you have is genuine IMO. If your IGF shoots up 400 points or so then what you have is good GH. You want to get up into the 800-900 range.
Did you just make that up? Where did you come up with 6 weeks?

Hey Race thanks for this reply. I clicked on the link you posted for me. That was great help. Still left some question in my mind. There he ran 6 iu split daily and got igf tested done on the 21st day. One hour post shot and 3 hours post shot. It was mid 650 range.

So, I'm wondering if I shot my 10iu on that 28th day will it overly boost my igf levels? I was trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting gh serum tested at the same time.

Thanks again,
KD

Actually, I think that is one of those questions that if you asked 20 people, you'd get 20 different answers. I've referenced a thread from a few years back where IGF-1 testing was logged. I believe his highest score was after 1 month.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/peptides-growth-factors/68111-riptropin-log.html

Hey Race thanks for this reply. I clicked on the link you posted for me. That was great help. Still left some question in my mind. There he ran 6 iu split daily and got igf tested done on the 21st day. One hour post shot and 3 hours post shot. It was mid 650 range.

So, I'm wondering if I shot my 10iu on that 28th day will it overly boost my igf levels? I was trying to kill two birds with one stone by getting gh serum tested at the same time.

Thanks again,
KD

I can answer your question with a very confident....I don't think so.:D My initial reaction is that since IGF-1 levels are a cumulative effect of HGH release (or in our case injections), injecting 10iu's on the 28th day would not change the IGF-1 level. Look on the other end of the spectrum, if you injected no HGH on the 28th day, would that lower your IGF-1 level? I just don't think it would. Of course, I'm far from an expert, it's all purely speculation on my part.

Race,
I agree with your thoughts. That thread you sent me too showed he injected I think 3iu that morning. I also agree about the longer time in the body to build up. Hoping my 3.3 iu for 27 days does the trick.

Kinda exciting to test out these generics to see if the quality meets the data I have read. No better way then to be your own Ginny pig.
Thanks
Kd

QUOTE=Racepicks;2011305]I can answer your question with a very confident....I don't think so.:D My initial reaction is that since IGF-1 levels are a cumulative effect of HGH release (or in our case injections), injecting 10iu's on the 28th day would not change the IGF-1 level. Look on the other end of the spectrum, if you injected no HGH on the 28th day, would that lower your IGF-1 level? I just don't think it would. Of course, I'm far from an expert, it's all purely speculation on my part.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kd-

Hope you can post your results in my HGH Testing thread in the Sponsor Section. I'm eager to see the results

I would not try doing IGF-1 and B serum together. BS are what you look at before buying, IGF-1 after.

IGF-1 much more reliable test. I get mine done after 2 months.

I can answer your question with a very confident....I don't think so.:D My initial reaction is that since IGF-1 levels are a cumulative effect of HGH release (or in our case injections), injecting 10iu's on the 28th day would not change the IGF-1 level. Look on the other end of the spectrum, if you injected no HGH on the 28th day, would that lower your IGF-1 level? I just don't think it would. Of course, I'm far from an expert, it's all purely speculation on my part.

LOL, not only spot on, but funny ("...very confident....I don't think so...")

Dr. Bob what is the down side of getting them done at the same time? I have seen 100s of serum test as soon as guys get kits . I think you are saying test gh serum before using gh? Either way. I have my base igf done with only natural gh levels as a 50 plus old guy. So, I ended up going an extra week before the blood test. So, about 5 weeks at 3.3iu a day.
Test will be this Monday.
Looking forward to the results

Thanks for your feed back
K

I would not try doing IGF-1 and B serum together. BS are what you look at before buying, IGF-1 after.

IGF-1 much more reliable test. I get mine done after 2 months.

Dr. Bob what is the down side of getting them done at the same time? I have seen 100s of serum test as soon as guys get kits . I think you are saying test gh serum before using gh? Either way. I have my base igf done with only natural gh levels as a 50 plus old guy. So, I ended up going an extra week before the blood test. So, about 5 weeks at 3.3iu a day.
Test will be this Monday.
Looking forward to the results

Thanks for your feed back
K
If you're getting an ample amount of gh, there is no downside to doing both tests at the same time. Doing them at the same time just means you will have used a bunch by the time you do the tests. For example...you run 5iu a day for 4 wks and then after that you slam 10iu and go get the tests. 10iu will give you the serum...and your 5ius you've run consistently will give you your igf. None of us are really buying 1 kit at a time...so, might as well be patient and do both tests. It's still a crapshoot. What if you buy 10 kits and you run 1 or 2 and get amazing numbers on both tests? Cool! Hope your other kits are identical! Didn't buy enough? Next time you purchase, you may not get the same potency kits. It's all fucked up out there..

The answer is, you only need to run GH for ONE WEEK before getting an IGF-1 test. The amount it would increase between 1 week and 6 weeks is like a very, very small amount (less than 5%).

If you're getting an ample amount of gh, there is no downside to doing both tests at the same time. Doing them at the same time just means you will have used a bunch by the time you do the tests. For example...you run 5iu a day for 4 wks and then after that you slam 10iu and go get the tests. 10iu will give you the serum...and your 5ius you've run consistently will give you your igf. None of us are really buying 1 kit at a time...so, might as well be patient and do both tests. It's still a crapshoot. What if you buy 10 kits and you run 1 or 2 and get amazing numbers on both tests? Cool! Hope your other kits are identical! Didn't buy enough? Next time you purchase, you may not get the same potency kits. It's all fucked up out there..

Don't do both tests at the same time! This allows them to put IGF-1 weight peptides in there to fool the IGF1 test. GH serum testing is completely meaningless because it only tests mass.

I agree : 1 week

Sorry about just posting my results here to this question I ask some time ago.
Here are my results using a dark blue generic gh.

The study:
#1- get igf1 blood work while on zero gh. Test results 165
#2- run gh late at night at 3.3iu a day for 34 days.
#3- 35th day shoot 10iu at 5 am IM. Go get blood test at 8am labcorp for igf1 and gh serum level.

#4- results: igf1 320. Gh serum 29.

End of story.
Kd

How sure are we about the one week wait? This testing is getting expensive:(

Also, any idea on when igf levels drop to normal after discontinuing use?

How sure are we about the one week wait? This testing is getting expensive:(

Also, any idea on when igf levels drop to normal after discontinuing use?

After 4-6 weeks igf levels should come back to normal, it depends also how long u ran GH.

After 4-6 weeks igf levels should come back to normal, it depends also how long u ran GH.
Please explain how it is based on how long you ran GH. Levels return to baseline earlier than 4 to 6 weeks. I've seen two of your posts so far this morning and they are flat out bad information.

Please explain how it is based on how long you ran GH. Levels return to baseline earlier than 4 to 6 weeks. I've seen two of your posts so far this morning and they are flat out bad information.

Earlier than 4 weeks? i doubt it, GH half life is short but igf remains elevated for a long time if you have used it longer than 2-3 months...

There are loads of threads about people having high igf levels after 3 weeks stopping GH.

My english is bad but dont fuck me up, u are not a guru, or maybe yes?

Last edited:
Hey Guys I just stopped back in here and saw all the back and forth about how long IGF stays elevated after discontinuing gh. IMO maybe a week or two. That is based on nothing but a guess. What I really wanted to say is that my post above from my study should say 19 gh serum. Not 29. I just shit when I saw that. Last thing I wanted to do was mis represent my numbers. So, I changed it below. Not that it seem to matter because no one commented on my results at all. The prime reason for this thread.

Any ways my results were
The study:
#3- 35th day shoot 10iu at 5 am IM. Go get blood test at 8am labcorp for igf1 and gh serum level.
#4- results: igf1 320. Gh serum 19.

Sorry about just posting my results here to this question I ask some time ago.
Here are my results using a dark blue generic gh.

The study:

#4- results: igf1 320. Gh serum 19.

End of story.
Kd

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members