advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long should I wait before I go to bed after shooting Huminsulin-R ?

Yes humalog hits very hard and fast. It feels completely different to humulin-r. You don't have to worry about the 10 hour thing with r. Yes there are numerous factors that can effect how fast you process it but I think pretty much everyone would be fine if they had a protein/carb meal 5 hours post injection (as well as food/shakes beforehand). 8iu humulin-r is not that much if you drink your shakes and have that meal. 8iu humalog is a whole different thing and you have to be more careful. That's why I would recommend if you pick log to start at 4iu and move up by 1iu until you get to 8iu just to be safe.

Good advice. With the humulin R I just took it at the gym in the stall when I was done and ate an energy bar. When I got home I just ate a normal meal, something like chicken and veggies.

With the Humalog I tried that but would feel hypo shortly after getting home and then end up eating a bunch of sugary shit to fill up on glucose to get my blood sugar back up. You actually crave it, it is a weird feeling and doesn't feel very good. Shaky etc. I didn't like Humalog at all. Humulin R I did like and felt good on that. I was only using because of the GH.

Looking back now with my heart problems I wish I hadn't done any of it. I think it is important though for those of us that have experimented with this stuff to share our experiences so that others don't make the same mistakes. For me Humalog didn't work so well.

Good advice. With the humulin R I just took it at the gym in the stall when I was done and ate an energy bar. When I got home I just ate a normal meal, something like chicken and veggies.

With the Humalog I tried that but would feel hypo shortly after getting home and then end up eating a bunch of sugary shit to fill up on glucose to get my blood sugar back up. You actually crave it, it is a weird feeling and doesn't feel very good. Shaky etc. I didn't like Humalog at all. Humulin R I did like and felt good on that. I was only using because of the GH.

Looking back now with my heart problems I wish I hadn't done any of it. I think it is important though for those of us that have experimented with this stuff to share our experiences so that others don't make the same mistakes. For me Humalog didn't work so well.

Very true. Although if you were more careful and perhaps had someone who had used it before guiding you at the time you probably would have loved it. I like both humalog and humulin-r. I find they are generally better for bodybuilding than longer acting slin (some exceptions though). Humalog hits so fast and if you are not planned it does make you feel awful as you posted. That feeling of rushing in sugar is not good.

I like to really understand something I use so I purposely went hypo on it. I conducted experiments were I would go without food and test myself. Basically so I knew what to look out for and learn all the signs. Post training humalog due to increased sensitivity from training would literally hit me hard in 3 mins. I could go full blown hypo very fast and once you do that there is no escaping you just have to feed and ride it out until the carbs start having effect. That's why blood sugar should be controlled before and after a shot of humalog. That's the big difference between slins as with the other longer acting you don't really have to worry about before your injection and can even dose them fasted as you have time to react. I experimented with fasted humalog and it was the same as post workout and would hit me in minutes.

So with humalog you have to be very planned as its so fast you can't wait to feel signs and react as most often it would be too late. Plus no one should be having loads of unnecessary sugar. It can still catch you out even if you are fairly well prepared. That's why I recommend a steady supply of aminos/carbs. No one should be going long periods without food when on humalog. On other slins you can get away with that but definitely not humalog. I recommend a well balanced meal (protein, carbs, fat) before injecting. Then after injection sip on your intra shake. Post workout a meal of protein and carbs (mix of fast and slower). Then for the meal afterwards protein and just slower released carbs.

I just started using 10iu humalog pre workout and I feel no signs of hypo ever because I follow the above. It's smooth sailing and the fullness in the gym is incredible. Humalog as more of a pronounced effect due to that shape spike. No matter what though you should always have sugar on hand at all times.

I would recommend if you pick log to start at 4iu and move up by 1iu until you get to 8iu just to be safe.

That's what exactly I am going to do. Also, you think I should change my carb choice from Dextrose Monohydrate to Vitargo with Humalog as Dextrose is not fast enough to absorb for it? Also thinking about adding Glutamine 10g to each shake.

That's what exactly I am going to do. Also, you think I should change my carb choice from Dextrose Monohydrate to Vitargo with Humalog as Dextrose is not fast enough to absorb for it? Also thinking about adding Glutamine 10g to each shake.

Dextrose is fine. Although I personally prefer HBCD's. Next would be Vitargo and I rotate between the two. I 100% recommend glutamine.

You're really overthinking this. Start slow and just go man. Some ppl prefer vitargo, others Gatorade, others grape juice.

Start at 5IU and just see how you feel 3x a week. Some random ass protocol for subject A isnt going to be a perfect fit with your body composition, insulin sensitivity, drug protocol, diet.

5IU 50-60g carbs and go.

Dextrose is fine

If it's fine with Humalog I would go with it. I know Vitargo has other good properties comparing to dextrose. But for me as I am on a budget, I would be happy with the very much cheaper Dextrose if its fine.

You're really overthinking this. Start slow and just go man. Some ppl prefer vitargo, others Gatorade, others grape juice.

Start at 5IU and just see how you feel 3x a week. Some random ass protocol for subject A isnt going to be a perfect fit with your body composition, insulin sensitivity, drug protocol, diet.

5IU 50-60g carbs and go.

Researched many protocols for sure but not going to follow any of it blindly. Definitely going to start low and go up listening to my body.

For me it makes a SIGNIFICANT difference if i shoot IM instead of SC. IM peaks mich more reliable and quicker. I use novorapid with two carb meals and go to bed 3 to 4 hours after the IM shot. Never had a problem.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

If it's fine with Humalog I would go with it. I know Vitargo has other good properties comparing to dextrose. But for me as I am on a budget, I would be happy with the very much cheaper Dextrose if its fine.

Sugar is sugar for the most part when it comes to insulin use so it wont matter. The important part is to not use more insulin than you can cover with the carbs youre eating

Why do ppl still recommend this nonsense?

So many factors going into this that stating he “10iu per iu of insulin” is complete bs.

We have no idea about the guys insulin sensitivity, type of training, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a general guide but you’re absolutely right.
When I’ve gone a week on low carbs i go hypo very fast. If i had a cheat food day i can take the same insulin dose days later and need less carbs. Whether that makes sense or not us irrelevant because that’s how it works in my body.
The amount of cardio and training in general greatly affects things as well.
The drugs i take greatly affects things. Tons of factors go into it.

Humalog Kwik Pen 100 Units/ml, 3 ml Pen

Was to start Humulin-R. But from replies here chose to do Humalog instead and got Humalog from my friend. It's the Humalog Kwik Pen. 100 units/ml, 3 ML pen. I am new to the pen stuff and wanted to ask a question regarding it. Is a conversion needed to set the required dosage or is each click an IU of insulin? To be clear I am asking, is 1 click 1 IU of Insulin or is 1 click 2.5 IU of Insulin (I thought like 1 ml = 40 units as in insulin syringe, 3 ml = 120 units, 120 units = 300 IU, so 1 click = 300/120 i.e; 2.5 IU of insulin)?

So, to get a dosage of 10 IU humalog, should I set the dose knob to 4 marking (4 x 2.5 = 10) or should I simply set the dose knob to 10 marking and inject?

I need to clear this out of my mind. Don't want to inject less and waste it or inject more and freak out in hypo lol

Was to start Humulin-R. But from replies here chose to do Humalog instead and got Humalog from my friend. It's the Humalog Kwik Pen. 100 units/ml, 3 ML pen. I am new to the pen stuff and wanted to ask a question regarding it. Is a conversion needed to set the required dosage or is each click an IU of insulin? To be clear I am asking, is 1 click 1 IU of Insulin or is 1 click 2.5 IU of Insulin (I thought like 1 ml = 40 units as in insulin syringe, 3 ml = 120 units, 120 units = 300 IU, so 1 click = 300/120 i.e; 2.5 IU of insulin)?

So, to get a dosage of 10 IU humalog, should I set the dose knob to 4 marking (4 x 2.5 = 10) or should I simply set the dose knob to 10 marking and inject?

I need to clear this out of my mind. Don't want to inject less and waste it or inject more and freak out in hypo lol

Each number on the dose window is equal to 1 unit of insulin. So if you turn the knob to where it reads 6, you will be injecting 6 international units. A 3ml kwikpen contains 300iu of insulin

As many said the 10g carb rule is no good...I'm very sensitive and need more than that to be sure. If I haven't used in a while and carbs have been low and I shoot 5iu I'm going hypo at some point unless I have at least 200 carbs in that window of time. I'm debating even using it now because some nights I won't be able to train until 8 or so and I don't particularly want to stay up until 4 am (I'll be doing plenty of that when the baby comes Im sure lol). Tren_plz was half kidding because you will feel it more likely than not and wake up as its happened to me after using novolin r and thinking it was out of my system. It's just not really worth taking that risk though. Even if you eat plenty of carbs and multiple meals it still may hit you again. Thats generally why the shorter acting insulin is the best option, especially if training not too far from bedtime.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws